Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Europe warns Iran... well sort of...

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Europe warns Iran... well sort of...

http://reuters.myway.com/article/200...R-IRAN-DC.html

In typical European fashion, they warn a regime of murderers and thugs that if the they keep misbehaving they are going to go to Kofi and his oil for food scandal buddies and tattle. LOL!!! I could see Great Britain actually putting action to words but France and Germany? Riiiight... Anyway, I guess when the Europeans are done ####ing this one up the good old US will have to finish the job AGAIN while every Eurowheenie and limp wristed liberal girly men out there will whine and moan about the big bad US of A... God bless America!!!! Oh, I forgot, Iran has oil. Good. The hippies out there won't have to change there "No War for Oil" signs. Wouldn't want the hippies to have to spend their weed money you know...

So lets think of some good signs...

"Don't be an Asshola, don't bomb the Ayatollah"
    "Make Berkas, not Bombs"

Any suggestions?
    RIP Tosa

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: Europe warns Iran... well sort of...

France, Britain and Germany have warned Iran they will break off talks and join Washington in seeking U.N. Security Council action
    USA is already "going ... to Kofi and his oil for food scandal buddies and tattle. LOL!!!"
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    USA is already "going ... to Kofi and his oil for food scandal buddies and tattle. LOL!!!"
    Its called a rubber stamp. If the UN's security council votes yes, good. If not, we don't really care. LOL
    RIP Tosa

Still first in line to whine to the teacher is a nark! neh neh nah nah! While we are waiting in line at the UN pull my finger!
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

You mean, "Na na-a boo boo"
    RIP Tosa

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

i love how the BBC reported it

Europe warns Iran of "consequences" to continued unlawful nuclear activity

con·se·quence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kns-kwns, -kwns)
    n.
    1-Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition.
    2-The relation of a result to its cause.
    3-A logical conclusion or inference

you mean that something will happen after you do something?
    no way

a "consequence" of pursued nuclear activity could be a fully functional nuclear program

or maybe even widespread media coverage

a "consequence" isnt a threat

it is simply a fact
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Im surprised Europe is even cooperating with the US. I expected them to follow the French and bail on the great satin to join up with Russia or China... It wont be long until Europe turns on us though.. The question is: Will it cost us, and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    I expected them to follow the French and bail on the great satin
    Hmmm smooth silky satin is so seductive...

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

We are all being a bit paranoid about the whole Iran situation. It's not our fault, it's the neocons and their cleverly disguised antics!

First of all Iran is a theocracy which means it has to abide to it's religious laws, correct? How then are they gonna develop nuclear weapons when the Shia School of Thought prohibits any mass destruction weapons?

I think this is a valid argument.

Second, who besides Saddam's Iraq has been hostile toward Iran? The US. So, they have done nothing wrong. They never invaded anyone. The reason we are so critical is that we want their oil. The same with Iraq although Saddam was much worse. If are gonna talk about badasses though why don't we mention the US's major partners in the area, like the Uzbeki gov/ment that burns dissidents. And the dictatorship of Pakistan, and the Kingdom or Saudi Arabia that basically controls all the oil in the country living it's citizens starving. Why not threaten them? Well for one thing they are not as easy a target as Iran who is falsely rumored to having a nuclear arsenal much the same way that Iraq was rumored to having a nuclear arsenal. But then again so does Pakistan, right? Oh but wait Pakistan doesn't have any damn oil!

This shouldn't be too hard to understand I hope.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    (..) the good old US will have to finish the job AGAIN while every Eurowheenie and limp wristed liberal girly men out there will whine and moan about the big bad US of A...
    Yes, we're solooking forward to your invasions of Pakistan (nuclear armed), Saudi Arabia (hotbed of terrorism) and so on. One more for the Gipper, guys, we love ya!

Meanwhile, even Iraq has now signed up for the International Criminal Court. I had the best laugh in days when I heard that.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Im surprised Europe is even cooperating with the US. I expected them to follow the French and bail on the great satin to join up with Russia or China... It wont be long until Europe turns on us though.. The question is: Will it cost us, and how much?
    I don't understand the middle bit, but I hope that Europe will soon turn on the US. Of course we will do it the only way we know: Tell you to mend your wicked ways, or suffer the diplomatic language of our leaders, who may resort to such strong words as "concern" and "disapprove". If you want a war, I'm afraid you'll have to start it yourselves.
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani
    Paul Peru: Holier than thy bucket!

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

Ah the USA is finally learning how annoying it is when countries won't commit to military action.....

*cough* 1914 *cough*
    *cough* 1939 *cough*
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Good post BP.

I shan't repeat my views on Iran here, only to say that if I was Iranian rather than just married to one I too would want nuclear weapons. I would observe that there was a hostile nuclear armed power with a history of flouting international law to the west (thats Israel not the US forces in Iraq), a profoundly unstable nuclear armed power to the east, (Pakistan, and don't imagine for a moment that the Iranians like the taliban style of government, they gave considerable assistance against afghanistan when the taliban were in power) and a member of a nuclear armed military alliance with powerful conventional forces to the north east (yeah, you and I know Turkey isn't a threat but the Iranians are genuinely scared of them. Not sure why but suspect Kurds will be involved.)

I'd also observe that even genuinely very dangerous members of the axis of evil are left alone once then demonstrate they have nukes.

Its a no-brainer.

Honestly, Team America, Iran is NOT what you have to worry about. They are a functioning state under central control, they are not stupid, and they may be theocratic but not in a back to the dark ages way. They have too much to lose every to use a nuke.

Pakistan, on the other hand...
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I wouldn't call Iran a real theocracy, it has been crumbling for some years now.
    Pakistan is indeed a lot more dangerous, I don't see any prospect of Iranian conflict, why would they. Pakistan on the other hand have issues with India and vica versa

I would have said that the way the Israelis are going a strike on their facilities - not an all out conflict for obvious reasons - is inevitable.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

First of all Iran is a theocracy which means it has to abide to it's religious laws, correct? How then are they gonna develop nuclear weapons when the Shia School of Thought prohibits any mass destruction weapons?

If they actually abided by the laws, they wouldn't kill anyone. The people making the nukes don't really care about the religon, it's a means of controling the people.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Step Merc you're not as smart as I thought. Do you really think they need nukes to control people?

As for the 'if they knew religion they wouldn't kill anyone', that's completely false. They can easily kill in the name of religion if someone breaks the rules, although I doubt they do. The one woman who was killed was killed because the perpetrators went way to far.

Of course they don't need nukes. I meant they used Islam, not the nukes to keep people in line.

And my point is is that no where in the Koran does it say to stone women when they get raped. If Christianity, Judiasm and Islam were stricly followed, no one would be killed. Of course people are killed. Just as people will still use nukes, even thoguh their religion wouldn't really allow. Chrisitanity doesn't allow killing a whole lot of people, but the Americans still dropped it. Religion is followed by governments only as long as it serves their purposes.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Yes but in this case the church IS the government and the leaders have said numerous times that making nuclear weapons is against their law. And yes stoning women to death for being raped sometimes is law in some places.

Have you ever heard of different schools of thought? Not one Islamic country is religious in the same way and usually there are even more divisions within the country itself.

In this case though[Iran] it's impossible for them to even consider having nukes.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Yes but in this case the church IS the government and the leaders have said numerous times that making nuclear weapons is against their law.
    You just dont get it do you. There are also laws in Islam against killing yourself. But the suicide bombers managed to find a way around it to not only not disobey the law but be seen as martyrs and get there 72 virgins. You really believe these guys? Hitler said he just wanted some breathing room.

In this case though[Iran] it's impossible for them to even consider having nukes.
    You really are a pip . Can you tell me why a country with all that oil needs nuclear electrical generators ?
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Care to offer even the tiniest bit of proof? And please make it something that wouldn't get blown away by the mild sneeze of a small librarian.

And saying "They follow Islam, and so of course won't make nuclear arms" is stupid. Saddam used chemical weapons on his own people, for crying out loud. And was there any fundamentalist outcry in the middle east? I don't think so.

The fact is, I do not believe Islam deserves the label 'Religion of Peace'. I'm sure there are many Muslims who just want to live peaceful lives, but the widespread support for terrorists, the way the Koran is used to justify terrorism, and considering the violent ways of the founder of Islam, Muhammed, it is laughable to suggest that these hard core, American hating Ayatollahs would not make nukes because of Islam. Even if the Koran ahd a quote somehow predicting, and then explicitly banning nukes, they'd get around it by saying they needed them to protect themselves from the 'infidels'.

Crazed Rabbit
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 05-14-2005 at 07:21. Reason: the jade moneky has been found, the subliminal want ad is no longer necessary
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

I would have said that the way the Israelis are going a strike on their facilities - not an all out conflict for obvious reasons - is inevitable.
    That may of course be what the hard liners want. "SEE, I told you the Jews and their American allies were against us..." (repeat and copy to entire Islamic word, being sure to add as a PS that Israel has many nuclear warheads and America doesn't care.)

Hmm, yes, if I was a fundamentalist nutter that scenario might work quite nicely for me...
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Thank you, Gawain and Rabbit. That's what I was trying to say: they only care about religous laws when it helps them.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Will it cost us, and how much?

I love the way you use ''us'' in that line
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Quote Originally Posted by Steppe Merc
    Thank you, Gawain and Rabbit. That's what I was trying to say: they only care about religous laws when it helps them.
    Who doesn't? How many religious laws say 'don't murder', how often is that respected?

Exactly. I know that know one listens to their religious laws, otherwise their would never be any wars.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Exactly. I know that know one listens to their religious laws, otherwise their would never be any wars.
    no one listens to their religious laws?
    how can you come to that conclusion?

do you mean "many" choose to ignore "some" of their religious laws "at certain times"?
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What? Do you know any religious laws. Mohamed(you know the guy who wrote the religious law) actually started wars with places. Ever since the beggining of Islam they have invaded places and forced population to become muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    What? Do you know any religious laws. Mohamed(you know the guy who wrote the religious law) actually started wars with places. Ever since the beggining of Islam they have invaded places and forced population to become muslim.
    Uh oh, you are going to get your liberal member's card revoked. You are only allowed to bash Christians and Jews, you are not allowed to bash the religion of "peace".
    RIP Tosa

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Will it cost us, and how much?
    A few missiles, maybe 1,000 men, and a destroyer or two, maybe a squadron of planes.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast