Thread: ZOR and resources questions

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default ZOR and resources questions

Zone of recruit can be easily implemented using hidden resources, but is there a limit to number of hidden resources you can have? Can I add any number of hidden resources, or will it mean I'll have to remove trade resources etc.?

Another question I have is regarding mines. I'd like to have several types of mines: salt mine, copper mine, gold mine and silver mine. Is it easy to add several types of mines? in the export_descr_building.txt I can't find anything controlling need for a certain resource in order to construct the mines. Where do I look?
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Re: ZOR and resources questions

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Zone of recruit can be easily implemented using hidden resources, but is there a limit to number of hidden resources you can have? Can I add any number of hidden resources, or will it mean I'll have to remove trade resources etc.?

Another question I have is regarding mines. I'd like to have several types of mines: salt mine, copper mine, gold mine and silver mine. Is it easy to add several types of mines? in the export_descr_building.txt I can't find anything controlling need for a certain resource in order to construct the mines. Where do I look?
    Sorry, this will be a partial answer and I'll try to finish it later (in the other PC where I have the game )

It is said that the limit for hidden resources is 64. They are totally different from trade resources, so it is not necessary to eliminate any.

Including a new building is easy and complicated at the same time. First of all you must modify export_descr_building. I would try this possibility:
    Code:
    building hinterland_mines
    {
        levels mines mines+1 
        {
            mines requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, greek, roman, }  and resource gold
            {
                capability
                {
                    mine_resource 4
                }
                construction  2 
                cost  2000 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    mines+1
                }
            }
            mines+1 requires factions { ct_carthage, eastern, greek, roman, }  and resource gold
            {
                capability
                {
                    mine_resource 7
                }
                construction  3 
                cost  3500 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

building silver_mines
    {
        levels mines mines+1 
        {
            mines requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, greek, roman, }  and resource silver
            {
                capability
                {
                    mine_resource 3
                }
                construction  2 
                cost  1500 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    mines+1
                }
            }
            mines+1 requires factions { ct_carthage, eastern, greek, roman, }  and resource silver
            {
                capability
                {
                    mine_resource 6
                }
                construction  3 
                cost  2800 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    In this way the original mines would be used only for gold and you have a new type of mines for silver.
    The cost and the income from them would be a bit lower.
    Then you must include a new line in export_descr_buiding_enum.txt:
    Code:
    silver_mines_name
    and include also the name in text\export_buildings.txt

In that way the new mine should appear in the building queue, but as barracks (the default icon). It is necessary to assign the old mines icon also to the new one. I will look for the files that you need to modify.
    In the case of mines there is an additional problem, as they appear in strat map. It is necessary to assign also the model and I will also look for the files.
    I am not sure if mines are also visible in battle maps, and if so, it is also necessary to assign the battle models to the new type of mines.

Sorry if all this is not so clear , but I will try to explain it better in a new post.
    Cheers.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: ZOR and resources questions

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
    Sorry if all this is not so clear , but I will try to explain it better in a new post.
    Cheers.
    Thanks, I think it's clear. I'll try to implement this when I get to that phase of the coding for my mod. You said it was a partial answer - what would the rest of the answer be?
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore