Thread: Campaign Wide Stats

Default Campaign Wide Stats

Is there any way to get rtw to record your stats (such as units killed/lost) not just from battle to battle but over the entire campaign, and if so, how?

I'd really like to know at the end of a campaign that it [only?] cost me 1000000 men to win :)

Also, i'm looking to create an overall animation of my minimap from screenshots every turn, can anyone reccomend a good, free, animation compilation tool (i've got a flash designer, but i'm not sure that that can do it)?

Thanks in advance (hopefully :) )
    Last edited by sapi; 05-07-2005 at 11:19.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Default Re: Campaign Wide Stats

And the amount of men you've killed along your way to world domination would be nice too.

Yes, that would be nice.

Do any modders here know if that's possible?
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Flying Dutchman Member Ellesthyan's Avatar

That depends on how this is handled already: if the losses are counted somewhere, and it would be possible to add these numbers together, I don't see how it would be impossible to put up a little screen with the output.
    A.E.I.O.U.

Austria Est Imperare Orbi Universo
    Austria is destined to rule the world.

(Or, as the Prussians interpretated it:
    Austria Erit In Orbe Ultima
    Austria will one day be lowest in the world.)

Österreich über alles!

Otherwise, just write dow the stats every time you finished a battle and do the math in the end! Bit more work maybe, but it would do the job.

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

It would be a miracle (though a pleasant one) if a CA rep swooped in to answer these questions

I'd love to have an overview of your campaign at the end of it, or during.. At the moment you do have a number of great things which weren't available before - the general Age of Empires type of stats - and would be interesting to know if the stats on battles were recorded anywhere in the hardcoded side and if there's a way to have it a little more in depth.
    robotica erotica

Otherwise, just write dow the stats every time you finished a battle and do the math in the end! Bit more work maybe, but it would do the job.
    I can't be bothered - i play for fun, not to work :)

I'd love to have an overview of your campaign at the end of it, or during.. At the moment you do have a number of great things which weren't available before - the general Age of Empires type of stats - and would be interesting to know if the stats on battles were recorded anywhere in the hardcoded side and if there's a way to have it a little more in depth.
    I found an exel file called 'RTW Kill Sheet' in my installation (SPQR)but it was empty....maybe it'll be unlocked in the expansion or maybe it's just more lost potential :(

I think the latter.

I play RTW for the chronicler in me, as well as for the fun... as a result I have censuses, records of actions and battles, etc. But no casualty lists as yet... I shall incorporate that into my Greek campaign ^_^

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    I think the latter.

I play RTW for the chronicler in me, as well as for the fun... as a result I have censuses, records of actions and battles, etc. But no casualty lists as yet... I shall incorporate that into my Greek campaign ^_^
    I love how the Total War genre really has so much potential. It could be the ultimate of Strategy games if it could truly encorporate all means and facets to run an empire. In typical Total War fashion it would allow for a new player to not feel overwhelmed with the complexity of what lies under the surface of the game, but also incredibly enjoyable for those who care to look further under the surface.
    robotica erotica

We can hope CA is reading this...

We can very fervently hope. But we can also expect them to ignore it.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

I know i'm gonna regret answering this without the evidence to back it up but i'm pretty sure i saw a download in the misc section of RTW downloads over at www.twcenter.net . The description on the file was "A nice little programme that lets you keep track of your overall losses compared to the AIs".I think i also recall that the creator of the programme said that all AI losses were grouped with no way to differentiate between say the losses of the Germans and Pontus.I'll check it out and hope not too many people call me a liar if i can't find it.
    "Go tell the Spartans,stranger passing by that here,obedient to their laws we lie."

Not that I couldn't find it, but I ran out of patience. But it's okay, Spartiate, we appreciate your giving us hope. *reassuring pat*
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 05-13-2005 at 01:48.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I just spent ages looking for that file on TW center, but there is no trace of it. If you can give us a full link Spartiate, it would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

I couldn't find it either

A full link would be much appreciated