Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How fit is the .ORG?

Default How fit is the .ORG?

No VK, we aren't discussing how fit froggy is

In general, what is the state of the .org's fitness? I know there was a push up thread a while back, but that's not really an overall indication of fitness is it?

ok, as I proposed this here's me:
    height: 5'7''
    weight: 51kg
    bmi:17
    bench press: 55kg, or about 115lbs? (can't do any more in terms of weight but can do 30+ reps)
    no. of press ups non stop: 90+
    dips: 17!!! best in my class...of overweight people
    pull ups: 10
    Bleep test (do you have this in the states?) 9A
    100m sprint:15s, as slow as it gets but hey, I never said I was fit or fast?

btw, I do 2 hours of weights a week (which means 1h of weights and 30 minutes rowing and 30 minutes doing laps of the playground)

I consider myself to be quite unfit, but hey one of the advantages of youth is you can eat crap and still be skinny isn't it?
    Last edited by ah_dut; 05-13-2005 at 22:43.

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Default Re: How fit is the .ORG?

5' 11"
    13 stone 12 lbs
    bmi, 27.8, last time I checked.
    bleep test (that the one where you run across the hall every time it bleeps?) - 41
    go to the gym once or twice a week, but only half of the time is spent exercising, because I gossip with my good man the chinaman (as he as asked to be called, although his name is passepartout).
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Me:
    height: 5'8''
    weight:125
    bmi:19
    bench press: 210 lbs (1 Rep Max).
    no. of press ups non stop: 104
    dips: 26
    pull ups: 20
    Bleep test: What?
    100m sprint:13s

Other Notes: Inverted Leg Press: 660 lbs.
    Body Fat: 8% (my pants are currently trying to fall off, because my waist is so narrow)
    Six Pack: Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Well I used to visit and atudy self - defense without weapons ( SAMBO ) nowadays I feel I am becoming bodybilding fan.
    As for other things I just don't know your length \ weight \ heigth indications.

I'm a couch potato, and like my 12 pack on friday night !

height: 5'9''
    weight: 12-13 stone, can't remember, I will go and check and update this post.
    bmi:?

I try to do an 8.5Km cycle a day. Sometimes I don't have the time.

I do 25 sit-ups and 10 push-ups a day. This number will increase in the future as I get better at doing them

I am a bit flabby, but only when I sit down does it show. My leg muscles are rock hard.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Well, for a 41 year-old asthmatic, I think I'm doing ok.

5'11", about 190 pounds.

Bench press? Not sure, but I can shoulder a 200lb log and walk a long way with it. Uphill, downhill, don't matter. Then do it again and again. It's what I do.

Body fat - just enough, and all Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk!

I can run the hundred yards in under four minutes. (Ventolin at the 25, 50, and 75 yard lines.)

When it's raining and I'm at home playing games, I do (past few weeks) stress sets of five minute-100 reps of weights (30lb + 40lb handweights) and push ups. I'll do 25 push ups (Real ones. Nose to floor, back straight), then 25 standing curls (30lb), then 25 of lying on the floor arm raises from as far sideways to straight up (40lb), then 25 more standing curls (30lb). Has to be in five minutes, and I'm breathing hard at the end, believe me. I'll do four or five sets a day. (Don't need Ventolin for this or carrying logs, only running.) While I'm sitting waiting for game to load, I play with a chest expander bar sometimes. Good to kill time while sitting.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Well, i'm age 14, weigh 7 and a half stone, i'm 5'3". I can run forever if i want, just as long as i run at a slow steady speed. I can do 100m in 17-18 seconds and i a fat little git. I spend most of my time on my computer, and the only exercise i get is walking around my school (i reckon that's about 1mile a day) and walking the dog, which is about a mile. I am fairly strong, as i can just about pick up heavy things or drag them, and take them far distances if i want. Fit or not fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I consider myself fairly fit.

I can run 3.1 miles in under 19 minutes (not amazing, but pretty good relative to the general population), and have very good endurance.

Fitness, to me, is not so much about how much weight you can lift or how fast you run, but if your able to play a relaxed sports game without panting, and aren't overweight.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel
    Me:
    height: 5'8''
    weight:125
    bmi:19
    bench press: 210 lbs (1 Rep Max).
    no. of press ups non stop: 104
    dips: 26
    pull ups: 20
    Bleep test: What?
    100m sprint:13s

Other Notes: Inverted Leg Press: 660 lbs.
    Body Fat: 8% (my pants are currently trying to fall off, because my waist is so narrow)
    Six Pack: Yes.
    AKKK someone can bench nigh on 175% of their bodyweight....the best person in our year can do 209lbs...the best person in our school is downright scary and can bench 275lbs...

The Bleep test is where you run between two lines 20 metres apart for as long as you can. The bleeps start very slowly before increasing to crazy levels. Each level is 1 minute...so I can run for 9 minutes at a moderate pace that picks up, not very fit

On your inverted leg press score, I could probably do a lot of that but our school only has a maximum of 500lbs on the thing, I can miraculously do the entire stack
    Last edited by ah_dut; 05-13-2005 at 22:43.

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

Age = 24
    Height 6'
    Weight = 12.5 stone (around 80kilos i think)
    Bench = around 80kilos
    Pressups = Prob aroung 60 non stop
    Bleep test = till i was the only one left
    100m = 11.3 sec
    Rugby Position = Glory boy on the wing!
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

I don't think I can bench THAT much. The best in my school can bench 363 lbs. (he's scary).

What's REALLY scary however, is that this German exchange student can bench 250 and she's a GIRL.
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by King Edward
    Age = 24
    Height 6'
    Weight = 12.5 stone (around 80kilos i think)
    Bench = around 80kilos
    Pressups = Prob aroung 60 non stop
    Bleep test = till i was the only one left
    100m = 11.3 sec
    Rugby Position = Glory boy on the wing!
    Ahh yes, another winger, I dislike them, they steal all our glory...I am a flanker btw, I am way too light for the position but hey, I get the job done.

11.3 seconds is fast...but great bleep as well!? that's strange. Usually, people in my school are either really fast and average fitness or just scarily fit. There was a boy who got to level 20

I don't think I can bench THAT much. The best in my school can bench 363 lbs. (he's scary).
    I am surprised, is there THAT large a disparity in the strength difference between english and American boys/girl? I thought we'd be slightly lower than yours, are you about 17 then Demon? I am generally talking about 14 year olds as I am that age...

250 lbs!? from a girl...we are all gonna die
    Last edited by ah_dut; 05-13-2005 at 23:00.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I'm buffed. That's all I know

Height: 5"2
    Weight: 6st9lbs (93lbs)
    BMI: 17
    Bench Press: 60lbs - lots of reps 90lbs - 1 rep (max. lift)
    Press-ups, non-stop: somewhere around 90's
    Dips: Not many, probably 10 max.
    Pull-ups: 10 as well, around there.
    Bleep Test: 120 (haven't done this in over a year, i think i can get 140 now)
    100m sprint:15s
    Body Fat: 16%

Also, I can do level 13 on Leg Extension. I don't know how much level 13 is though.

Me:
    height: 6'2'
    weight:175
    bench press: 180 lbs (1 Rep Max).
    Squat Max: 260lbs
    Power clean: 145lbs (3 rep)
    no. of push ups non stop: 48
    pull ups: 10
    40yd sprint: 5.46

Other info: 6-day workout schedule. Around 2.5 hours every day. 1.5 hours of lifting, 1 hour of agilitys.
    Last edited by John86; 05-13-2005 at 23:35.
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"It's somewhat ironic that closing spam threads increases my postcount"
    -Ser Clegane

Over 40 yds I'm under 5s.

I guess this is what happens when I do not update the weight loss thread. I'm going to do that when I get beneath 170 pounds. I'm adjusting to a new schedule for the summer and need to balance out my eating. My gluttony is the only thing which makes me unfit. Underneath the fat I've got a competent physique. The last two weeks have been a disaster, though. I ate too many of my toasted tuna, cheddar, and salsa sandwiches during finals week and also pigged out at dinnertime because the lunch I brought to the workplace was not satisfying enough. I'm now going to try eating richer foods for breakfast and lunch to see if that will curb my appetite and raise my metabolism to something more prone to fat-burning. Hopefully it'll work like a higher tax bracket.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    Weight: Fattish, with an ugly belly.
    Height: Taller than many, shorter than most.
    -
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

I'm 16, the guy in question is 15.

Remember, the girl is German, (they're all freakishly large like that).

That, and I'm in weight training at school, so I can cite examples of the physically fit.

Age 29
    Height 1,83m
    Weight 103kg
    Can swim 5km with flips and without stops in about 90min
    Can carry a 30kg kid around for a decent part of the day
    Will not run unless absolutely necessary
    Last edited by hrvojej; 05-14-2005 at 01:43.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

I demand Continental measures, not pounds, stones, yards, feet and all that other nonsense!

Height: 1.85m
    Weight: 79 kg (lost 11 with jogging and a no-snack diet [self-concieved and -imposed] alone; gonna get to the gym to lose the much smaller belly that remains)
    Bench press: What? Is that like, how quick you can destroy a park bench? Takes me about 5 minutes.
    Squat Max: I don't like squatting. Gimme a damn La-Z Boi... this ain't Uncle Sam's camping grounds!
    Power Clean: I don't clean much, but my mom uses some Indonesian cleaner...
    No. of pushups non-stop: 45
    No. of situps non-stop: 125
    No. of pullups non-stop: 8
    100m sprint: 12.twentysomething. Close to 13, that's for sure.
    6000m: approx. 25 minutes.
    Body Fat: Dunno. Still gotta find that out.
    BMI: Is that the 'your ideal weight' stuff? If so I was on my ideal weight. Like 18 or something.
    Six pack: Yes. About two or three a week.
    The god-damn bleep test: 40something. But then I stopped coming to gym classes. Shrug.

And furthermore I give up.

Gotta get my ass off the tennis court and the roads of running and into the gym before my summer vacation starts. Even though the girls say I look good already. Yeah, there goes your soft pillow (i.e. my belly), baby!

~Wiz
    Last edited by The Wizard; 05-14-2005 at 01:41.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Height: 5"10-11 inches
    Weight: 11.2 stone
    No. Of pushups non-stop: 50
    No. Of Situps non stop : 50
    No. of pullups non stop: 14
    six pack: if i work out a little bit
    Bleep test: i managed to get about 14 on it a few years back now though...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel
    Remember, the girl is German, (they're all freakishly large like that).
    And thats an understatement. Compare Till Lindemann (the lead singer of Rammstein, a German band) to any American singer. And he's the short one ;)

As for me, I'm 16 (as of May 9th) and weight 150 lbs. I can do 100 situps without problem, and can do about 10 to 20 knuckle pushups (resting on your first two knuckles, rather than palms).
    Anyone who has no fear of death himself can succeed in inflicting it.
    The Prince,
    Machiavelli

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Same height and weight as ah_dut.

I'm surprised what my body can do at my age (43). I just had a week full of strenous exercise of all kinds, and I feel good. I'm so appreciative of my health.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Height: ~1.85 m
    Weight: ~85 Kg
    Can do about 30 press-ups before calling it a day.
    100 metres in about 13 seconds.
    Rugby position: Last played No. 3 - I like to get in close and cause some trouble... But when I get round to playing again, I think I'll probably try for something else - definitely not lock though, maybe flanker - if I improve my fitness.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Height: 5'9

weight: 12 stone

Press ups non stop: 130

Dips: 30-35

Bench: 200kg(1 rep)

pull ups: 25(close hands) and about 10 on the wide hand

Bleep test: Never done it but i know i could run three miles without stopping at a good pace under twenty mins

sit ups: 100

The rowing machine on maximum endurance for about half an hour is my limit and i'll try to 25 miles a week on the gym bikes
    Last edited by The Blind King of Bohemia; 05-14-2005 at 12:17.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Bench: 200kg(1 rep)
    Are you sure you mean 200kg and not 200lb?
    Unto each good man a good dog

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Height: 178cm
    weight: 84kg

Press ups non stop: never tried more than 60, cos I get bored, but I think I could do more than 100. My training includes 1x50,1x45 and so one until 3x5.

Dips: 30. Never do more cos my training includes more triceps exercices.

Bench: 60 kg, 3 series of 12 reps each

pull ups: 10(close hands) and about 10 on the wide hand

Bleep test: Never done it but i know i run a mile in 6 mins

sit ups: 200. Never went beyond that, because I get bored again. I prefer to do 50 with a 15 kg weight than 200 without weight...

squats: basically I do a serie of 50 everytime Í wait for a game to load. Apart from that I do 200 a day in 1 set.

100m : 11´83 s.

Rugby position (former): wing
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Age = 31
    Height 6'
    Weight = 93.7kg (206 pounds)
    Body Fat = 20.7%
    Pushups = 30 normal, then 40 on knees, rest on forearms and tips of toes for a count of 20, repeat 3 times in a row. So 90 normal pushups and 120 'girly' ones in 10 minutes.
    Chinups = 7 this morning.

Asthmatic. Running can trigger it. However when I was younger (at school and a Rugby Winger) I could run 10 minutes and then have asthma even after using my inhaler. Could play a full game of rugby without touching the inhaler and be fine.

When I was working in exploration in the rest weeks I would go to the gym 6 days a week for 2 hour stints and my fitness would stil decline compared with being in the field. At the end of each gym session I would do 220 situps.

Nowadays 5 years on just doing IT my fitness in comparison is appalling.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast