Thread: Slavery in the UK.. scary story

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Slavery in the UK.. scary story

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...ng%20Standard#

I hope they find these poor kids. So sad...
    RIP Tosa

Default Re: Slavery in the UK.. scary story

Agreed, it is very disturbing and I hope they find the children.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

JAG is this a big story over there because it is just a blurb over here?
    RIP Tosa

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

They've probably been sent to Canada and sold into sexual slavery here. I don't know who's getting kickbacks and blood money from who, but our government simply refuses to stop the sexual slavery rings imprisoning women and children in this country. It's despicable beyond words.

The government should declare war on these people. I mean war! But they won't, they just sit and talk and waste time.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Thankfully my country is starting to prosecute perverts that go to places like Thailand where you can buy sex from children. I cannot imagine the horror these kids go through...
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    JAG is this a big story over there because it is just a blurb over here?
    It isn't a big story here at all actually, I do wonder why though. Maybe it will break onto the news bulletins tomorrow, I dunno.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    They've probably been sent to Canada and sold into sexual slavery here. I don't know who's getting kickbacks and blood money from who, but our government simply refuses to stop the sexual slavery rings imprisoning women and children in this country. It's despicable beyond words.

The government should declare war on these people. I mean war! But they won't, they just sit and talk and waste time.
    That is disgusting. Almost as if one couldn't trust the government.

But to get something done, I suppose that would require bureacrats to have spines, a department in which many public officials lack.

But the question for me is: how? Especially with all the polic Britain has, how can this go on? It's like some third world nation (though probably not near the numbers in many third world nations) - but in Britain!

Perhaps Britain needs a new prison island. Except this time, not sunny ole Australia.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Humbled Father Member Duke of Gloucester's Avatar

JAG

We obviously access different parts of the UK media. This was the main story on the Radio 4 Today programme yesterday, so my perception is that it is a huge story here, but then again I don't read newspapers or watch TV news.
    We all learn from experience. Unfortunately we don't all learn as much as we should.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

That is horrific. To think that 300 kids can just dissapear without a trace in a three month period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    That is horrific. To think that 300 kids can just dissapear without a trace in a three month period.
    Yeah it is.

One big issue is that its a cultural norm for these people to send their kids to live with relatives. Just it's not so great when they vanish and no one knows where they are. Not helped by social services and immigration not being able to do their jobs properly.

There is another case here about an African girl who was almost killed by members of her family because some girl said she was a witch. Really weird people.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Really sad....