Thread: i need some help here

Default i need some help here

Ok i have redone a few skins but everytime i run the game and the battle shows for that faction my skin will not show up i dunno what to do from here because i am new with this..so could i get some help.. also my new skins are stored in the data folder where i extracted the stuff with the pak thing..

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: i need some help here

Hi berserker116 and welcome to the forums . This forum is reserved for guides tutorials and tools, questions should be asked in the general forum (read my sig). Moved to the general forum.

alright my bad on that one i figured it out lol..

but now i have a question on how to change the horses for the cavarly like changing the covering where the rider sits at..and also how to change the whole horse in general..

The saddle and the like on the horse are all just painted on the texture. To change that you would just need to extract the textures from the pack file, and re-paint it.

If you want to make any physical changes to the horse model, you would need to change the mesh in the CAS file as well. IT can all be changed... it's just a question of how deep you want to dive in ;)
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

where would i put it after i am done..?

what type of format

Textures...in your RTW folder is a folder called 'data' in this is one called 'models_unit'. CAS files go in there.
    In the models_unit folder there needs to be a folder called 'textures' .. textures go here. You may well need to create this.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

i can only skin..flags and units

i tried opening the CAS file with 3dmax but it wouldn't let me see the file..

somebody said i needed a script thing if so where can i get it to edit the cas files..?

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

You can find the cas extractor in the tools thread in the guides forum. It is a script for max.