Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast

Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast
    By israelinsider staff and partners May 16, 2005

The Simon Wiesenthal Center has called on Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to fire the Head of Palestinian TV, after a televised sermon called Jews "a spreading cancer."

"The Jews are the cancer spreading all over the world... the Jews are responsible for all wars and conflicts," Sheikh Ibrahim Mudairis said Friday during a sermon from his Gaza Mosque in the presence of uniformed Palestinian police.

"Do not ask what Germany did to the Jews, but what the Jews did to Germany," he went on to say. "True the Germans killed and burnt Jews, but the Jews exaggerate the numbers to gain propaganda advantages and sympathy."

In a stinging press release, the Center's Dean Rabbi Marvin Hier and Associate Dean Rabbi Abraham Cooper said the broadcast came days before Abbas's scheduled meeting with President Bush and during the week commemorating 60 years since the Nazis' defeat.

"Even in the days of Arafat, we did not see such a blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying canard broadcast on Palestinian TV, whose current chief was personally appointed by Abu Mazen (Abbas)," the two said in a press release following the incident.

Both Cooper and Hier have demanded Abbas inform Bush that the head of the Palestinian Broadcasting Company, and all those associated with the broadcast of this "big lie," have been fired, in their upcoming meeting.

"Is this genocidal sermon the kind of peace dividend that the people of Israel can look forward to?" they said.
    Disgusting.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast

I agree it is disgusting.

If anything the number of Jews killed by the Germans is underestimated not overestimated.

The Nazis did kill a whole lot of different people, but their primary hatred was the Jews. The Nazis even had a special unit to slander Einstein.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Default Re: Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast

Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast
    Of course it does.. thats what palastinians do.

"The Jews are the cancer spreading all over the world... the Jews are responsible for all wars and conflicts," Sheikh Ibrahim Mudairis said Friday during a sermon from his Gaza Mosque in the presence of uniformed Palestinian police.

And you wonder why we call them Islamofascists?

It will be interesting to see how the liberals respond to this if they even do.

If this kind of thing were said in the west they would be quick to condemn it, but the palastians are their pet project so im sure some will try and defend this crap.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

If Abbas has any sense he'll fire those in charge of this disgusting incident
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

This is sad and disturbing. As a muslim I am really ashame.....

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    I don't think all Palastinians think like this... careful with the blanket statements.

I do think a larger proportion of them believe these ideas and this is a direct result of following any fundamentalist idealology mixed with ignorance and a heaping of poverty you get hatred aimed at the nearest available target.

Similar formulas for the IRA, KKK and Brown Shirts to boot. But it wouldn't be fair to say all Irish kill English, all White Americans lynch Africa Americans or all Germans are Nazis... so in fairness it is not right to say Palestinians deny the holocaust based on the actions of a portion of the population...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

My opinion is based on much more than that single broadcast. Weve been hearing such things out of that part of the world for years.

Probably not every individual palastinian feels this way, but if we were to talk about them in the sense of a group i would say that group is very anti-jewish.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Gawain, I could have written that. It's not hard to make stuff up. George Bush does it pretty well, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by bmolsson
    This is sad and disturbing. As a muslim I am really ashame.....
    Wait... didn't you say you didn't believe in god?

Disgusting.
    A side effect of freedom of speech... takes some getting used to.
    Live broadcasts have to go.
    All of a sudden you risk to have som big hateful tit on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Yes, they are some kind of cancer, aren't they?
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani
    Paul Peru: Holier than thy bucket!

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

Such attitudes have to be challenged and put right. Perhaps if Palestinians were made to visit the Holocaust museum in Israel they might appreciate that the extent of the suffering the Jews endured in their struggle was far greater than many believe.

I don't consider myself a conservative, but think I'm quite liberal (not in the American sense of the word meaning coward/gay) however I have absolutely no time for the Palestinians. They're a bunch of trouble makers who should be ignored until they are prepared to engage in civilised discussions and stop trying to get what they want through violence.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

The Israelies are not all sweetness and roses themselves......
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

Quote Originally Posted by Al Khalifah
    Such attitudes have to be challenged and put right. Perhaps if Palestinians were made to visit the Holocaust museum in Israel they might appreciate that the extent of the suffering the Jews endured in their struggle was far greater than many believe.
    That would be a great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Khalifah
    I have absolutely no time for the Palestinians. They're a bunch of trouble makers who should be ignored until they are prepared to engage in civilised discussions and stop trying to get what they want through violence.
    I don't have much time for them myself. Actually I don't even have time to follow up the discussions in the Tavern!
    However, I've got to take this opportunity to get up on my high horse and state that each Palestinian is an individual and a human being.
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

however I have absolutely no time for the Palestinians. They're a bunch of trouble makers who should be ignored until they are prepared to engage in civilised discussions and stop trying to get what they want through violence.

maybe they wouldn't be so violent if they didn't live under an occupation ?

i didn't want to start excusing thier hatred but with all this hate being directed at the palestinians i can't bite my tongue any longer. I don't think its that the Palestinians are anti-jewish it that thier anti the group that causes them alot of pain which happens to be israels (who are mostly jews) so they get angry and do things like this (not that it makes it right)
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

But the Palestinians perpetuate the violence by continuing their pointless war of attrition against the Israelis. I'm not saying Israel as a state is whiter than white, because it's not and it has inspired a considerable amount of the hatred that comes its way, but Israel has to maintain its national security. The reason Israel is so jumpy is because it knows that the rest of the Middle Eastern nations and a lot of their people are just itching for an oppurtunity to invade.

The Arab nations must accept that Israel is a nation that exists and will always continue to exist into the forseeable future. Working with Israel to help find a peaceful solution would produce a far better result for the people living under Israeli occupation than this continual campaign of terror that has failed to yield any outcome except for an ever rising death toll.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Palestinian TV carries 'blatant anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying' broadcast

Heh, I once saw on Al-Jaziraa (sp) that AIDS was created by the Jews to exterminate the Arabs

But the Palestinians perpetuate the violence by continuing their pointless war of attrition against the Israelis.

well i'd call it a cycle of violence, both preferring to strike back than turn the other cheek.

but Israel has to maintain its national security. The reason Israel is so jumpy is because it knows that the rest of the Middle Eastern nations and a lot of their people are just itching for an oppurtunity to invade.

I now the arab world united twice before to hit israel but after the deal carter struck with the egyptians isn't another arab israel war considerably less likely, and in todays terms you really think they could take israel out ?

The Arab nations must accept that Israel is a nation that exists and will always continue to exist into the forseeable future.

well i think thats slowly starting to happen, UAE recently opened an israeli embassy, and egypt has has relations with israel since the carter deal (i think) i would expect the new iraqi goverment would at least open an israeli embassy

Working with Israel to help find a peaceful solution would produce a far better result for the people living under Israeli occupation than this continual campaign of terror that has failed to yield any outcome except for an ever rising death toll.

I agree, but aslong as israels actions cause enough anger among the palestinians there will be some palestinians willing to blow themselves up, which means the majority of non suicidal palestinians will have to live under an occupation which unfortunatly will cause things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Wait... didn't you say you didn't believe in god?
    Yes, I said that, but even if I don't believe in God I am a registered muslim and feel partly responisble for things like this, as well as islamofacist terrorism. I am doing what I can to stop it.

well i'd call it a cycle of violence, both preferring to strike back than turn the other cheek.
    True, but unfortunately for the Palestinians, they're the ones who will have to turn the other cheek first if the cycle is ever to be broken. Israel has far more resources to contribute to the fight. Also Israel already has its nationhood, in order for Palestine to gain her own, Israel will have to agree and so they need Israeli co-operation but the reverse isn't really true (although the majority of Israelis would like the violence to stop).
    I now the arab world united twice before to hit israel but after the deal carter struck with the egyptians isn't another arab israel war considerably less likely, and in todays terms you really think they could take israel out ?
    No they can/would not, but only because Israel has an excellent defence system and the Arab nations do not have sufficient ordinance to deliver an effective first strike capable of crippling the Israeli military before a total counter-strike could be innitiated against the aggressor. Egpyt and Iraq also have nothing to gain from such an attack. If Iran were to develop nuclear weapons and the required delivery systems, then Israel would be in a state of danger.
    I agree, but aslong as israels actions cause enough anger among the palestinians there will be some palestinians willing to blow themselves up, which means the majority of non suicidal palestinians will have to live under an occupation which unfortunatly will cause things like this.
    I agree, but aslong as there are some Palestinians willing to blow themselves up, there will be Israels actions.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Certainly not the brightest statement by any sheikh. Seems like a bit of a bonehead really.

Just curious though, was this broadcast before or during the ongoing illegal settlements/ theft of Palestinian land aided and abeted by the Israeli government? (Probably during, since the theft has been going on for years and shows no signs of stopping.)

Interesting. The Israelis are still stealing Palestinian land, stealing their water, prohibiting them from growing the food they want, conducting arrests and detentions without trial, using torture, but it's the Israelis who are all hot and bothered because somebody said something they didn't like.

"Now look! I realize we stole your land, blew up your house, shut off your water, jailed your son, shot your daughter, and tortured your husband, but that guy on TV was downright rude and we want a stop to it!"

I love the line with the two Israelis asking if this is the peace dividend they can look forward to. Ahh, gee, maybe if you got the hell out of Palestine and stopped using it as your own private prison camp for s**** & giggles that peace dividend you're whinning about might actually evolve.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

I agree, but aslong as there are some Palestinians willing to blow themselves up, there will be Israels actions.
    So, what, we give up?

Herding people into prison camps, taking their land and water, and then dumping what must be the single most obnoxious people on the planet in their midst (I mean the settlers not Isrealis in general), using tanks and gunships as crowd control, its not too surprising some palestinains think there is nothing to live for and are easy meat for the recruiters is it? What are they supposed to do? Oh yes, eff off into someone elses country get a job and stop complaining about what was taken from them, I remember now.

Just as the Arabs have to accept Israel exists so its time Israel accepts the palestinians aren't going to go away. As Israel's vision for the future of the palestinians is a people in a prison camp its understandable the palestinians are not too happy about this. Of course the palestinians should have and did not demonstrate that they had a vision for the future that did not involve killing Isrealis, as I have said before Arafat was an enemy to his people. The fact is though that Isreal has now destroyed any infrastructure the palestinians may have had to prevent terror, deliberately in my view since it is not in the right wingers interests to end the conflict, so the first move can only come from Israel.

I'm not holding my breath.

(NB lets not redo the old "there were no palestinians until the jews came to Israel," thread, its an insult.)
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

I was not suggesting that at all. I merely meant to point out that if the Palestinians want to achieve anything then they have to end the violence, because as you correctly pointed out, the violence isn't of too great a concern to the Israeli government.
    I am for a Palestinian state, but I would not want to see it as a vector for legitimising attacks against Israel.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

(NB lets not redo the old "there were no Palestinians until the jews came to Israel," thread, its an insult.)
    Yes, but what a valuable debating tool it is. If you don't like what the other side is saying, just stick you fingers in your ears, close your eyes and yell "You don't exist! You don't exist! You don't exist!"

Makes debating real easy.
    Unto each good man a good dog

I agree wholeheartedly with Beirut and EA.
    I tend to get a bit worked up on this issue, so I felt better reading Beirut's angry words.

One more thing: an anti-semitic sheikh?
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Yes, but what a valuable debating tool it is. If you don't like what the other side is saying, just stick you fingers in your ears, close your eyes and yell "You don't exist! You don't exist! You don't exist!"

Makes debating real easy.
    I try that with the Moon People sometimes.
    (If I leave my tin foil hat at home)
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

True, but unfortunately for the Palestinians, they're the ones who will have to turn the other cheek first if the cycle is ever to be broken.

the problem is i don't think the isrealis are the only ones that can do this, the israeli goverment can order something done and it will get done, the palestinians would have to decide as an entire people to stop.

Why should the head of TV resign ? It was a live broadcast , you can have no editorial control over what someone says live on TV .
    Should the Palestinian Authorities censor every statement ever made before they are broadcast , should clerics submit their semons for government approval before they are allowed to say anything ?
    Its just another case of a ranting dickhead in a world thats full of them .

It will be interesting to see how the liberals respond to this if they even do.
    If this kind of thing were said in the west they would be quick to condemn it, but the palastians are their pet project so im sure some will try and defend this crap.
    Oh dear Panzer , you are young but you will learn
    Let them speak , it don't matter if they are Arabs Jews Americans Africans Europeans , it don't matter if they are Fascist Zionists White Supremesists Black Seperatists or anything else . Let them speak openly then rip them apart for what they say .

BTW could one of the arabic speakers go to the Simon Wiesenthal centre website and give a full translation of this "sermon" , from the live broadcast link at the top of the news page ?

But if the Israeli government ordered that the IDF should not take counter-measures against Palestinian terrorists then it would take a lot of unavenged civilian casualties before the they realised that what they were doing was wrong and international opinion shifted to a point where they had to stop. By this time the Israeli people would be in absolute uproar because nothing was being done to stop the terror being committed against them and the Israeli government would be finished.

There is very little that the Israelis can do to stop the terrorists via covert means. It would be extremely difficult for a Mossad agent to infiltrate the PLA or any other terror network in the region and so intelligence gathering is limitted.

But if the Israeli government ordered that the IDF should not take counter-measures against Palestinian terrorists then it would take a lot of unavenged civilian casualties before the they realised that what they were doing was wrong and international opinion shifted to a point where they had to stop.

well if the israelis stopped all negative impact on the palestinians lives (the checkpoints water supplies ect) i figure there would be a minimal amount of attack from people who have already been enraged to that state, but after those if israel stopped do you think the palestinians would still commit suicide and take israelis with them for no reason ?

There is very little that the Israelis can do to stop the terrorists via covert means. It would be extremely difficult for a Mossad agent to infiltrate the PLA or any other terror network in the region and so intelligence gathering is limitted.

i would think they would be able to ? maybe i think to highly of them, ive always thought theres only two ways to stop terrorism, win hearts and minds or kill like stalin (which isn't as gaurenteed as the hearts and minds method)

But in the middle period between Israel stopping recriminations and the the Palestinians stopping strikes (which could be several months long) the Israeli people would be infuriated with their governments failure to respond to threats to their safety. It quite simply wouldn't work. Imagine if America had just ignored Al Qaeda after the September 11th strike in the hope that the terrorists would just go away if they didn't give them a motive.

Hearts and minds is an expensive approach, but Israel is slowly learning by making agreements and staged pull-outs from settlements. This gets stopped though every time there is more violence.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

This is quite disgusting. However, we can't blame all Palestinians for these bunch of lies.
    And Beruit, while I agree that the Isreals are hardly blameless, and that the government's acitons are unacceptable, I don't think that it excuses this sort of thing. Not that you were saying it does, but it's all to easy for both sides to use this sort of argument today:
    "Do not ask what Germany did to the Jews, but what the Jews did to Germany," he went on to say. "True the Germans killed and burnt Jews, but the Jews exaggerate the numbers to gain propaganda advantages and sympathy."

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast