Thread: Hope someone knows it!

Default Hope someone knows it!

Everyone knows there are pyramides in Egypt , someone know there are the same structures in Southern America built by Maja and Inks ( if I am right ) , but I heard there are some built either in China or Japane or somewhere nearby , so the question is : Do you know the third place pyramids were built?

Default Re: Hope someone knows it!

There are a few small ones in Greece as well.

What bugs me though is why do people see a pyramid in Egypt and another one (not quite) like it in Peru and immediatly form the conclusion of Atlantis and Lemuria and so on. If some people in Egypt imagined a pyramid shape why can't some other people in Peru imagine the same shape?

Cataphract Of The City

No it is not what I mentioned , I heard that two types already mentioned and one still unknown ( for me , cause it is not in Greece ) have same angles.

Caged for your safety Member RabidGibbon's Avatar

I think (although I dont know) the place your talking about is called
    Angkor Wat (or Wot) and is in Cambodia. I might have got it completley wrong though as this is all from memory.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Yeah...You're quite right...There's only one pyramid in China
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Pyramids are the most simple shape for a huge yet stable structure.
    That's why they appear everywhere.
    "You want something impressive? We can build you a huge pointy thing"

The pyramind is a more evolved form of the Ziggurat, which has been around since Ur was up and running. It would make sense to have pyramids in many places, if Ur really was the cradle of civilization it is understood to be.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

My recollection was also Cambodia and Ankhor Wat, for what its worth.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Theres also one in the U.S. built of dirt and is in the midwest
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

I neede some western pyramides , but thanks anyway.

One Knight Stand Member Spartakus's Avatar

There's a pyramid in Paris.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Doesn't Las Vegas have one too ?
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Sh#t!
    And where is Anchor Wat?

For God's sake!!!!!! Angkor Wat is NOT a PYRAMID!!!!!!! It's a stone temple built in the Medieval times of Cambodgia by the Red Khmers!!!!!!

You really must re-read a history book!!!!!!!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Caged for your safety Member RabidGibbon's Avatar

Well I've never read any history books on Angkor Wat, so I certainly dont need to re-read it

Perhaps what I really need to do is stop mouthing off about things which I know nothing, still at least you'll be here to put us back on the right track eh

No, there is a pyramid in China. It’s made from earth instead of stone on the outside. It doesn't look like what you would expect because it’s covered with trees to prevent erosion. I saw something on it once on the discovery channel. It was for some Chinese emperor. The thing was supposedly made to be rigged inside to kill everybody who enters through a series of traps that would last “forever.” The Chinese government isn't keen on people poking around in it and not to mention Chinese scientists are scared of it. Perhaps I am mistaken though. I don’t know if its what your talking about, but there is a massive pyramid in China.

Thanks , that is what I wanted to know!

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    For God's sake!!!!!! Angkor Wat is NOT a PYRAMID!!!!!!! It's a stone temple built in the Medieval times of Cambodgia by the Red Khmers!!!!!!

You really must re-read a history book!!!!!!!
    For starters, the Red Khmers were a bunch of Cambodian commies who liked to commit genocide. I think you're looking for the Khmer Empire. Which is what these pseudo-fascists tried to emulate.

Now, Angkor Wat is a temple complex including a pyramid-like structure built in the Khmer capital city, Angkor. Now, the reason some people consider it a pyramid is because the structure itself is built in a series of terraces with towers on them, built concentrically around the central tower which is on the highest level of elevation on the structure.

Personally, it certainly reminds me of Imhotep's terraced pyramid...

And lastly, please try to remain polite, huh? If you'd ask me what was happening in the South America of the 19th century, I'd answer 'Simon Bolivar freed it' and know no more than that. We all have our specialties and favorite areas of history.

~Wiz
    Last edited by The Wizard; 05-19-2005 at 16:31.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Yeah...I'll calm down...

Thanks for correcting me...It was the Khmer Empire....

And about Angkor Wat, it's a complex of stone carved temples that are in the middle of the jungle,forgotten by the people.... There's a similar one in Indonezia.... Check that one also.

"There is a pyramid in China"....Finally, someone who agrees with me....

Proud

Been to:

Does anybody know more about the pyramid I was speaking of in China?

Well, the pyramid was built from earth. It's a massive earth structure and was built in ancient times by an emperor of China(after Qin Shi Huang-Di) .... The gov doesn't say anything about it..... It's somewhat strange... Anything else, I don't know.... Except that it is counted as a pyramid, although it's from earth and also because it's all the way in China!!!!!!

Proud

Been to:

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Pyramid in Canary Islands - Spain

Pyramid-Greece

Bagrawiya, Sudan - Meroites

Pyramids Mississipi

I hope this Link is of help.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Well, Pyramids don't necessarily need to be made of stone. Actually, many, including in China, the Mississippi one, etc., are made of Earth. Egypt got no Earth to dig, so the architects of the pharoahs go another, harder way with stone.

Indeed, the Angkor Wat (Wat - means "Temple" and Angkor, possibly, "city." My language is similar to Khmer's enough to recognize them, though we call the temple complex a bit differently - hence, Angkor, the "city", was the capital of the old Khmer empire) is a temple complex (hence the name) built with an Indian (of Asia! - poor Columbus...) influence for many gods of the Hindu pantheon, but mostly on, if I remember it right, the Hindu "prime" god Shiva. Shiva was considered the "highest" of the Hindu pantheon in Southeast Asia, due to an Indian sect that spreads there considers him so (the Hindu religion is very "fluid" and there are thousands of sects. Though, according to what we know of, none were seeking each other's blood.)

It is certainly NOT built by the Red Khmers...those bastards are Hitler-like, if anything. Rather, the Khmer Empire, during its height (somewhere 700-800 years ago), built this, and many others across the Khmer empire, though most were built in what is now modern Cambodia.

Qin Shi Huangdi had his own pyramid. A tree-covered, most likely still not looted(unlike most in Egypt) Earth "step" pyramid.

It Was The Aliens!
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

The tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi which is located beneath a man-made hill of 150 feet high, planted with grass and trees. A 140-foot-high pyramid complete with five terraces lies beneath it.

There was rumors about a White Pyramid of Xian in china,this was a pyramid which is said rises to the astonishing height of 1,000 feet - four-fifths the elevation of the Empire State Building. Not only was this extraordinary structure said to be the largest pyramid in the world (the Giant Pyramid of Egypt, by comparison, rises a mere 450 feet); but, in the valleys surrounding it, there were said to be dozens of other pyramids, some rising to an elevation almost as great.

but strangely Chinese officials have rebuffed all questions about these pyramids and all requests to view them.
    From this land I was made
    For this land I will fall

Any links on this chineese pyramide?

From this land I was made
    For this land I will fall

Do you know the third place pyramids were built?
    Well everyone has shown several "third" places , might as well add a couple more . Siberia , the Altai region dating from around 400b.c. . Rome ,the most famous being the pyramid of Cestius 62-12 b.c.