Thread: medieval-2

Unhappy medieval-2

MEDİEVAL TOTAL WAR - 2

which date.........?

Default Re: medieval-2

As I have stated in the other thread - the date is not that important. I can wait bloody six years for a game that can give me a decent AI behaviour or - I'm on my knees again you guys at Creative Assembly! - a multiplayer campaign option.
    "Only fools learn from their own mistakes. The wise prefer to learn from the mistakes of others" Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMagnet
    I'm on my knees again you guys at Creative Assembly! - a multiplayer campaign option.
    I'm with this guy, multiplayer campaign would be sweet !

MTW2 is speculation though right? If there is something offical somewhere would a kind soul mind posting a link?

There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I hope they are going to release Medieval Total War 2...It's by far the best TW game ever, and I still play it after 2.5 years!!!!....And also, it's a very moddable game....Even and idiot can modify it!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Even and idiot can modify it!!!
    Yeah, even I can modify it!!!!

I'm not an idiot, I can't download any editors becasue it keeps on saying I'm missing some .dll file and I don't know how to program.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron
    I'm not an idiot, I can't download any editors becasue it keeps on saying I'm missing some .dll file and I don't know how to program.
    Seriously, mate - no worries.
    Programming skills are not required when modding MTW.
    By aforementioned "modifying" our fellow general edyzmedieval surely meant changing starting conditions of a campaign (amount of money, territories, buildings you start with etc.)
    Those are indeed just a matter of changing a few digits in EARLY, HIGH and LATE.txt files which you find in \MTW\campmap\startpos folders.
    Just make sure you backup original files somewhere.
    What is what in those files cannot be explained in a simplier and plainer way that it already has been done by CA. Just have a look at those files and I'm sure you'll find a way to tailor your campaigns according to your needs or mood or whatever.
    Some have mentioned modding unit stats and apparently it's p*ss-easy too tho I've never bothered.

Serious modding (XL-mod, Hellenic TW mod, P&M mod) which involves introducing new units (with new skins), changing campaign map and adding new factions lies far beyond skills of most mortals I have met in my life. Tweaking a campaign is one thing, remaking a large portion of the game is another. Hats off for all the lads who dare attempt it ... and actually improve the game in every way.
    "Only fools learn from their own mistakes. The wise prefer to learn from the mistakes of others" Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Patron
    I wasn't intended to you especially....... It was intended to those who read and re-read the topics and don't know how to mod....

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

And also, that's normal modding as you said... Serious modding means adding new units, new provinces, new trade goods, improving AI(that's extremely hard!!!!) .....

But anyways, you can search the net so you can find the necessary .dll.... Or re-download the programs....

Proud

Been to:

Improving AI is the most difficult thing you can do aside from adding new units and changing the map...
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

we want

MEDİEVAL TOTAL WAR - 2

If mtw2 comes out, there should be customizing units feature, where you can have custom armors and weapons and name the unit. That would be good, but other than that, only improved graphic would be the big thing since we allready placed the time period.
    "Do not weep, do not announce my death. Beat the drum, blow the trumpet, wave the flag for advance. We are still fighting. Finish the enemy to the last one." - Admiral Yi Sun-shin

It could be Kiddies in the playpen:Total War for all I care if only the AI is good! The entire concentration of CA must be on the AI for the next game. Rome is already too pretty but is brain dead. Put a great AI on that pretty face and they would have a world class game. Medieval wasn't that far off so maybe they can do this.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Just check out the progress at Chivalry: Total War.

At your service, Evil_Maniac From Mars, the unofficial Chivalry advertiser

Long time no post, the playability has to stay i wouldnt care much if the graphics changed, the best thing about this game in my opnion in the character devolpments
    "They're still coming" Skeat said in tones of wonderment, "No end to the godamn bastards"

Benard Cornwell - Harlequin

Funny u should say that Rageagainst20 - I have never actually been a great fan of so called "character development". I mean, what makes my carefully developed generals come up with traits like incest or some seriously shocking frauding tendencies? Even if I really try hard and make my best men get some impressive traits - 15 years down the line, granted, they become corrupt and antisocial. AI just loves ruining my best governors. And there's nothing I can do about it.

That's where RTW has my beloved Medieval licked.

Surely when MTW2 is released it will feature some complex personal profiles of the generals. For now however it is more hit-and-miss an affair.

thats what makes it the more funny, and interesting its harilous whenyou general hates the church and sleeps with his 6 year old sister, then you get tried for herecy, its what the people were like at the time, mad as dogs
    "They're still coming" Skeat said in tones of wonderment, "No end to the godamn bastards"

Benard Cornwell - Harlequin

He he he!
    Remember the intro? All that "this is an age of darkness" malarkey does seem to make some sense after all, don't it mate?
    Mad as dogs indeed!
    He he. Nice one, bud!