Thread: save rome campigin

Default save rome campigin

Save
    Rome

The leading cause for ancient roman buildings to fall apart is pollution. Ride a bike or bus instead of a car. Or write your congressperson asking him to send money to Rome to save buildings. Or donate money to Rome. Remember if history don’t live in our present it has no future.

e-mail me at juliuscaesar93@aol.com

p.s. if you want to sighn up then e-mail me
    Last edited by clayton ballentine; 05-19-2005 at 16:05.

Default Re: save rome campigin

anyone want to help

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Same thing is going on in Greece with the polution. I doubt there is a solution, we can't ban cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Same thing is going on in Greece with the polution. I doubt there is a solution, we can't ban cars.
    so we can cut down on the car prodution and tell people that pollution destroys stuff then they may join us together we can make a difference! so join NOW!

Nobody is going to stop making cars because a few people say so... the automotive industry is a billion dollar industry, you think they will just glady stop raking in the cash because we want them to stop? People have been complaining about cars for decades now... instead of wasting time complainging about something we cannot stop, why not put money into the restoration of the already damaged monuments since cars will never stop being a problem...

One Knight Stand Member Spartakus's Avatar

Well, the city council of Rome has already done a lot to reduce traffic in the centro historico, but in my opinion it's not much of a success. More like a complete failure, I'd say. The traffic is constant all the time, except sundays and before 5 AM. You can see this blackish layer upon some of the historical buildings as well as apartment blocks, that's the cars.

The situation is quite hopeless. People have to get to work, and as most people work in the centre of town, this is where the traffic is concentrated, which also happens to be where most of the historical structures are located. Yes, there's public transport, but the subway is so terrible I was warned against using it, and the busses are crammed as full as possible within the laws of physics (as well as being notorious for skilled pocket thieves dressed as bussinessmen and tourists). Would you ride this? I think not.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

ok so the car idea as not so great but the money idea now that was great!

or should i say gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

sorry for the spam guys but if i don't get people to sign-up soon i will have to abort the mission and that will make me mad. and there was a dumb-nut at school who tore down all the posters at school but i did beat him up (incase you ae counting that is 2 fights this week) i will be putting the latest reports on the internet for you by the way the campingin has been turned into a game the more votes the higher your score goes up so email me your votes .
    Last edited by clayton ballentine; 05-22-2005 at 23:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias71
    Nobody is going to stop making cars because a few people say so... the automotive industry is a billion dollar industry, you think they will just glady stop raking in the cash because we want them to stop? People have been complaining about cars for decades now... instead of wasting time complainging about something we cannot stop, why not put money into the restoration of the already damaged monuments since cars will never stop being a problem...
    sorry last post until some one else post, but that may be true but what if we become so popular that alot of people join and we all write the president and he decides to cut down the car production

Sadly I don't think there is much interest here at the Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight
    Sadly I don't think there is much interest here at the Org.
    thank you for posting now i can post more post. darn i just wasted the post oppertunity

So you want the US president to cut down on cars?

So you want the US president to cut down on cars?
    yeah i think he may be our last chance but i wonder if he will even sponser the campigin i do hope so because if he soprts it we made have this idea a seccsess but what about the history channel

Who runs this campaign? how many members does it have?

Who runs this campaign? how many members does it have?
    right now i am the leader and there are no members

Its an unfortunate thing but sadly I don't think that anything will be done.

mabe something will happen if it gets big enough

I agree with Elias71 the only thing that can be done is put money into restoration.

so mabe we can get the presedent to do that

I can't see him doing that. I'm sure he has other things on his mind.

I can't see him doing that. I'm sure he has other things on his mind.
    well then we will put on his mind LOL

if you want to join e-mail me a e-mail and make the topic 1 point and in the message include a useername and i will post the scores here as i get them
    p.s. i have no other choice but to mail you your prizes and so you will have to send me your address if you don't you can still play the game
    Last edited by clayton ballentine; 05-23-2005 at 14:13.

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Do not worry. President takes already care!

HEADLINE: Bush boosts clean diesel
    by Terrence Nguyen, web editor

President George W. Bush yesterday gave a speech backing the efforts of the biodiesel industry and attended an ‘07-compliant diesel engine demonstration at Virginia BioDiesel refinery at West Point, VA. The demo used a Peterbilt Model 387 equipped with a Cat C13 Acert engine.
    “Our clean diesel rules will reduce air pollution from diesel engines by about 90%, and reduce sulfur content of diesel fuel by more than 95%,” said the President. “Today I saw a diesel-powered truck that can get up to 30% better fuel economy than gasoline-powered vehicles, without the harmful emissions of past diesels. I mean, the fellow got in the truck and cranked it up, and another man got on the ladder, and he put the white handkerchief by the emissions port, and the white handkerchief remained white.
    Because of the improved fuel economy diesel offers, Bush added that he would like to see more consumer acceptance of diesel engines in passenger cars, pickups and SUVs. “To help more Americans benefit from a new generation of diesel technology, I have proposed making owners of clean diesel eligible for the same tax credit as owners of hybrid vehicles [of up to $4,000],” Bush continued.
    Allen Schaeffer, executive director of the Diesel Technology Forum, said that the speech will go a long way toward improving public perception of diesel technology, as well as the trucking industry.
    “First of all you see a high level of recognition on the progress of diesel and the fact that it is a clean technology,” Schaeffer told Fleet Owner. “For example, with the handkerchief test [the president] has seen first hand that today’s diesel technology is far more advanced…That recognition is important because there has been an effort to label vehicles such as trucks as major sources of pollution.”
    The president also promoted biodiesel— a blend of organically-derived fuel with conventional diesel— as a way to reduce America’s dependence of foreign oil. “My administration supports a flexible, cost-effective renewable fuel standard,” Bush said. “Its proposal would require fuel producers to include a certain percentage of ethanol and biodiesel in their fuel.”

i am a little to lazy to read it all but i belive that it talked about cutting back on fuel. i still need vollenters

clayton, if you are too lazy to read a couple of paragraphs about something supposedly so important to you, you must not be very serious about this and as such I'm almost inclined to close this topic.

If you really want to do something, learn a little bit more about preservation efforts. Start here with the History Channel supported Save Our History program. It is about preserving US historical sites, but they have a 44 page education manual you can download which may give you some ideas about applying these preservation efforts to places like Rome. Maybe some organization associated with this program can point you in the right direction for overseas preservation efforts.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    clayton, if you are too lazy to read a couple of paragraphs about something supposedly so important to you, you must not be very serious about this and as such I'm almost inclined to close this topic.

If you really want to do something, learn a little bit more about preservation efforts. Start here with the History Channel supported Save Our History program. It is about preserving US historical sites, but they have a 44 page education manual you can download which may give you some ideas about applying these preservation efforts to places like Rome. Maybe some organization associated with this program can point you in the right direction for overseas preservation efforts.
    i was joking about me being lazy didn't i include that and i talked to save our history and i will tell you all what they say
    Last edited by clayton ballentine; 05-23-2005 at 16:41.

I don't see what posting the scores here will do?

I don't see what posting the scores here will do?
    let you know what postion you are in

Quote Originally Posted by clayton ballentine
    if you want to join e-mail me a e-mail and make the topic 1 point and in the message include a useername and i will post the scores here as i get them
    p.s. i have no other choice but to mail you your prizes and so you will have to send me your address if you don't you can still play the game
    I missed this post the first time. This is not the place to play such "games".

clayton, no more "I need volunteers/helpers" threads. No SPAM theads or posts either. If you have a point to make, please state it. If you have nothing to add to a discussion, then don't post. Thank you for your cooperation.

Topic closed.
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 05-23-2005 at 17:00.
    This space intentionally left blank