Thread: Egyptians in Australia?

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Egyptians in Australia?

I remmeber watching a program a long time ago, which said that an Egyptian prince and some of his men got stranded on their boat, and sailed for weeks across what was supposedly the Indian Ocean, before being shipwrecked in Australia. Supoosedly, the evidence for this is some Heiroglyphs in a cave somewhere. Is this true? And if not, how did this myth come about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Default Re: Egyptians in Australia?

I never learnt this in history - first people to discover australia were dutch explorers...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

It could be possible, you never know. The Egyptians sailed around Africa, so they could have got lost on one of their voyages.

Just as Irish Monks may have been the first to visit America.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Templar, I thought it was the Norse...

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Hi Mikeus,

Unfortunately, the glyphs are fake. Check out the link below and the archaeological journal it refers to.

http://www.jimloy.com/pseudo/austral.htm

Unfortunately, this hasn't stopped a lot of "alternative-culture" types from taking the glyphs seriously.

Of course, an Egyptian ship, or ancient vessel of any number of seafaring nations, could have been blown off course and ended up just about anywhere, and possibly did. But alas, in this particular case, there's no evidence.

Hope that helps.
    Of a tribe lost in Wessex

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    I never learnt this in history - first people to discover australia were dutch explorers...
    The people who are currently reffered to as Australian Aborigines aren't really people then?

I read somewhere that supposedly the Mayans of South America, and the Sumerians referred to a 'great lost homeland' in what we now refer to as the Pacific. Although i think the Sumerians might have been on about India, and the Mayans may have done a bit of exploring along the west coast of S. America. Although how they could have, i don't know, because from what i know of the Mayans, they weren't a sea faring people.
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppe Merc
    Templar, I thought it was the Norse...
    It was believed to be the Norse under Erik the Red (?), however I noticed somewhere that the Earl of Orkney and some monks from Ireland may have been the first.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Wrong - the tribal people known in Australia as the Aborigines were the first people to discover Australia. These people are also the first to discover New Zealand and the formerly non-human Pacific isles, becoming Mauris of New Zealand and Polynesians of the Pacific. Indeed, I am not certain but the tribes in New Guinea are probably of the same group.

Btw, on the thing about Aborigines finding Australia first, that would mean that the Injuns of North America discovered America before Columbus. How come no one ever thinks of it that way?

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Its being ingrained into our heads because of the liberal media...
    Its a easily recognizable icon (try telling a kindergartener that Erik the Red, of the vicious Viking culture, was the first European to encounter North America)
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Hey you guys, if you're interested in all that viking-America stuff, you should check out BKB's initiated thread on the Prince Madoc Welsh colony, which goes into all pre-Columbian exploration of America.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochusIII
    Wrong - the tribal people known in Australia as the Aborigines were the first people to discover Australia. These people are also the first to discover New Zealand and the formerly non-human Pacific isles, becoming Mauris of New Zealand and Polynesians of the Pacific. Indeed, I am not certain but the tribes in New Guinea are probably of the same group.
    This is embarrasing - i live in australia

Of course the aboriginies were the first to discover it and have been here for over 120 000 years, i meant the first non-native (ie haven't lived there for ages, aboriginies at that time were zenth generation natives) people to discover it were dutch.

From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Well, the aboriginies were indeed already there, but did they know where they were before the Dutch discovered them and showed them the map?

i meant the first non-native (ie haven't lived there for ages, aboriginies at that time were zenth generation natives) people to discover it were dutch.
    The chinese are the ones who discovered Australia not dutch
    From this land I was made
    For this land I will fall

But did the Chinese have a map, and who discovered the Chinese?

But seriously, did the chinese land and do stuff or just see it on the horizon and go away? I've read that though the Dutch had seen and charted some of the Australian coast from a distance, it was William Dampier, English explorer/privateer, who was the first to land, and also the first to actually find and meet any natives etc, and tell them they were aboriginies living in Australia........

The chinese did land and even make contact with the Aboriginal Yangery trible who have a legend of "yellow men" long ago settled among them. A wreck in south-east Australia was discovered in 1836 and after inspection it was discovered that the wood used to build the ship was made of teak,a reddish brown hardwood that cannot be found in europe.

Which I believe to be one of the ships who were detached by Admiral Hong Bao to chat the south Australia coast but was shipwecked.

Cheers Shadow, that's interesting stuff.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochusIII

The Maoris have a complex lineage.
    "The Y-chromosome results support a pattern of complex interrelationships between Southeast Asia, Melanesia, and Polynesia, in contrast to mtDNA and linguistic data, which uphold a rapid and homogeneous Austronesian expansion."

One current theory is that Taiwanese aboriginals landed in Papua New Guinea and the males wiped out and the females taken. This combined group became the basis of the polynesians. These are the Maoris who settled New Zealand.

Also the Maori are not the first people to have landed in New Zealand that at the least goes to the Moa Hunters whom the Maori wiped out.

Australian Aboriginals mtDHA:
    "The genetic diversity of the Australian mitochondrial sequences is remarkably high and is similar to that found across Asia. This is in contrast to the pattern seen in previously described Y-chromosome data where an Australia-specific haplotype was found at high frequency. The mitochondrial genome data indicate that Australia was colonized between 40 and 70 thousand years ago, either by a single migration from a heterogeneous source population or by multiple movements of smaller groups occurring over a period of time. Some Australian and New Guinea sequences form clades, suggesting the possibility of a joint colonization and/or admixture between the two regions. " -
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by streety
    Cheers Shadow, that's interesting stuff.
    Yup! There is a book 1421 The Year China Discovered America by Gavin Menzies who said that the Chinese treasure fleets of the Ming dynasty sailed the world and to locations where Europeans laid claim to pioneer status: Australia, New Zealand & Central America.

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Egyptians in Australia?

ye ye
    the romans discovered arctica , the babylonians had landed on the moon , the ancient persians conquered atlantis , the celtics moved to china , the ancient egyptians builed pyramids in america , the indians went to india , the jews are from mars , the arabs invaded california , the zulu's were blonds , the atlatians came from australia , kennedy kiled castro , the english rule america , napoleon was 2 m. high , hitler was a jew , gengis chan was celtic , the americans have a spaceship from saturn , the mayans knew how to talk with animals , jesus came from tibet , rhs sumerians came from pluto , the americans know how to play football , the english know how to play basketball , the dinosaurs walked with moses to france and the earth is flat !!
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)