Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signup for closed testing group

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Default Signup for closed testing group

Greetings! As previously announced, along with the open beta we are creating a closed beta group. This group may receive a version of EB prior to the open beta being released to help us get rid of major bugs, and will have access to future betas, all of which we plan to be closed betas.

Please be aware that we will keep this group relatively small, and it will be made up of people who have time to commit to actual playtesting (both general and focused on what we desire at the time). If you're just in to get your hands on EB before everyone else, and provide no feedback, you will be removed from the group and never be allowed to participate in future betas. This also goes for anyone who shares the version before it is publically available.

We also invite those of you who have a background in historical research to sign up. We would definitely like to invite some of our long-term fans to join. If you cannot commit to the things we request above, however, please do not add your name to the list.
    Cogita tute

Default Re: Signup for closed testing group

I would love to test this mod out. I have all the time, and i will see to find out any bugs with the mod at all, Also id give my personal opinion on the mod itself. About each Faction, i could write reviews about each Faction and my opinion on them aswell. I have watched over this mod for a while and im always impressed with the mods work. Let me know, thanks for your time.
    Faeghi
    Last edited by Faeghi; 05-22-2005 at 12:30.

Hello all! I have followed the development of this mod for months, browsing this forum very regularly, and, as an EB fanatic with an interest in the Hellenic and Roman World, I would love to join the Beta team! I am willing to provide concentrated feedback- infact, I am begging to provide it. I've always wanted to aid the EB team in some manner, shape, or form; and for the past few weeks I've been helping the community by posting updated faction set-up maps combined from those provided in the weekly news updates. Now I feel I can help the team itself, and I'd be honoured to have this opportunity as a long standing member of the TW community.
    EB TEAM MEMBER

EB EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN WILL DO HIS DUTY

Will Buy Food For Food Member Bouchious's Avatar

i would love to help, i am a fan for ages now, and am small time history buff, i would be honoured to help
    btw - have loads of free time,on forums daily, am addict to your work,
    Last edited by Bouchious; 05-22-2005 at 14:50.

Hi i would like to become a member of the testing group, i have lots of time.

Last user of scythed chariots Member Spendios's Avatar

I would really be honoured if I could help your team in beta-testing, I follow the development of EB since a lot of time and I have been amazed by the quality of your work from magnificent skins to deep historical informations about each factions and units.
    By the way I will have a lot of free time in the two coming weeks so I would really love to add my little contribution to this exceptional work

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

My English might not be perfect but I'd love to test and I'll give feedback, for now I've got the time espaicelly in the weekends and on wednesdays. If I got the time to check EB online out 5-7 times a week why shouldn't I have the time?

-Gertgregoor

I know I haven't posted here too often but I am extremely interested in your mod. I'm studying for a degree in Classics, and I would like to share with you anything I can to help you out. And yes I have quite a lot of time;)

Hi. I have followed this mod's development since the beginning....checking the forums many times in a day...I have lots of time to dedicate to beta-testing, the desire to do it and very good history knowledge...I know my English is not perfect but I assure I could still provide good and useful reviews of the factions...I've also completed at least a major campaign with all the factions, trying almost all the differents mods...I possess also some modding skills, text-wise....so...I'd love to join, everything to help you, boys

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i would like to be in. (as soon as i fix my crashed RTW, but you could atleast tell me the date. of when we should start testing, then í know how much time i have to fix it.

We do not sow.

As much as I can't honestly say I've beta tested before, or have been here for long (heh, this is my first post, but I've been reading up!), I wouldn't mind helping in the effort. Make a little impaitent kid happy.

PS- I have a lot of extra time on my hands....
    Last edited by TheBagelmeister; 05-22-2005 at 15:29.

I have been interested in the mod for ages. I am in my first year at studying history at university, although due to my course set-up I have just handed in the majority of this years work so I have alot of spare time on my hands. A particular interest of mine is the tribes that inhabited the British Isles at this time, and have done some research in this field for the mod already (on the britons' capitol).

Hi I love the Mod have followed it for a couple of months and have lots of spare time, would love to help you guys out.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tomyris Reloaded
    Hello all! I have followed the development of this mod for months, browsing this forum very regularly, and, as an EB fanatic with an interest in the Hellenic and Roman World, I would love to join the Beta team! I am willing to provide concentrated feedback- infact, I am begging to provide it. I've always wanted to aid the EB team in some manner, shape, or form; and for the past few weeks I've been helping the community by posting updated faction set-up maps combined from those provided in the weekly news updates. Now I feel I can help the team itself, and I'd be honoured to have this opportunity as a long standing member of the TW community.
    Haha, ol' Tomyris -- never expected to see you around here frequently (even lurking!).

But then again, I guess good things draw good people.

~Wiz (Wulf)
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

In one day, I will be out of school, so that will leave me with tons of time. I would love to be part of this great mod. As i'm not a great expert in history, this is my one way to contribute. Overall I have followed this mod when it was originally a way to contribute to the barbarian factions to CA. I also have tons of experience with the Total War series in general.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Hello, I've been following this mod now for quite awhile and I have loads of free time on my hands to beta test, I'd love to help you guys out :), I'm done with all my school assignments and have absolutely nothing better to do when I get home =p, I NEED SOMETHING TO DO! lol.
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek

Wink Re: Signup for closed testing group

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard
    Haha, ol' Tomyris -- never expected to see you around here frequently (even lurking!).

But then again, I guess good things draw good people.

~Wiz (Wulf)
    Haha my good Wizard! You make me feel like somewhat of a celebrity. But indeed, I've lurked around here for a long time now- following the various exploits of all you Orgers. And now, the beta has drawn me out of the shadows...and hopefully into the light.
    EB TEAM MEMBER

EB EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN WILL DO HIS DUTY

Hello. I just created this account on these fourms. I post more on the TWC fourms. I have been watching this mod for a rather long time and I would love to help you guys out. I am an experienced beta tester having been an official beta tester for the WW2 realism mod Red Orchestra for UT2k4 for over a year and a half.
    I am familiar with many bug reporting programs such as MANTIS. I'm not sure what you guys are using (if anything). I am used to massive bug seaches and organizing and coordinating test teams also writing out test documents and working with very strict deadlines.
    I have the patience for the job and I consider myself rather easy to get along with. I have massive amounts of free time right now. My knowledge of history is decent though I am definitely no historian, but I am very interested in this time period and learning as much about it as possible from you guys. I hope to work with you in the future.

Tristan "Smiley" Jimerson

hello,
    well, if there are any free places as beta tester, i'd like to help u find the bugs ;)
    for quite a time, i have followed this mod and i love the idea of having the historical facts collected in one mod. (though it has not to say anything about the gamplay -experience, but, as i watched the progress, i think it's gonna catch me... ^^ )
    well, i hope i'll find a place as a tester,
    sephriel
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

SOLVE LORA INFERNIS Member Shrapnel's Avatar

Hi! I would love to beta test Europa Barborum and give feedback! I have been a long-time EB fan and have played PC games since.......... well, a very long time . I have about 3-4 hours available each evening for gaming. I would write back on everything you asked. I would be love to do it as long as it does not CTD in the first 5 mins . I have most of the weekend's as well. Please let me test it. Whilst this period of History is not my strongpoint, I havelearnt quite a bit about it at school and playing RTW and RTR. Even though they willl be no where near as historical as EB . I have never done any beta-testing but I would love to learn and I would do my best.

Shrap
    Last edited by Shrapnel; 05-22-2005 at 18:39.

Hello ,

I have vast experience in gaming , i have been playing total war games since Shogun.
    I would love to be part of the beta team. I have been with Rometotalwar realism , but from what i´ve read i put credit in this EB mod.
    Eb has lots of aspects i feel better compared to Realism mod, EB mod is near perfection ,i really want to be part of the beta team because i would like to help to improve gameplay.
    Balance between speed and quality , i want this mod to be the best mod ever with free bugs. I will play hard and ive some holiday days to do it, you won´t regret , just pick me

Hey I just finished my finals, so I have nothing to do what so ever. In addition to this, I also have a vast knowledge on ancient cultures, especially of those in the middle east, eur-asia and the far east. However, I must admit that I have never played a mod before, I've only played the original (Which I didn't really like). Any way If I could be of any service please don't hesitate to ask.

Azad
    يا كؤردستان يا نه مان

I`ve forget to write that i have quite good knowledge about the celts, and im not signig up only for have the EB earlyer then others.I realy like your work guys and i want to help you.Sorry for my english, i hope that it is understandable.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Some notes - first, the current internal version is about 40 MB. It will probably go up in the near future, but I don't see it reaching 500 MB or anywhere close any time soon. Second, to those who asked, I won't be creating and sending any CD's to people, sorry.

Finally, and this is important:

DO NOT PM ME WITH YOUR REQUEST. It will not earn you any points, it will not put you above the rest. It will merely piss me off because I have the same PM limit here at the .org as everyone else, which means I have to keep cleaning out my inbox since everyone and his brother thinks he can get the jump on the others by PMing me. From now on if you send me a PM that is only to request to join our beta testing group when a thread exists exclusively for this purpose (YOU ARE READING IT NOW), you will be automatically EXcluded from joining the beta group.

Choose wisely.
    Cogita tute

Hello i would like to register to join the testing group, i have been looking for a way ot contribute to the mod for some time, as i am a terrible modder, but i belive this is something i can help with in a meaningful way.

For the glory of Rome

i have been following the mod for a long long time now and i have hours everday that i would spend playing and giving feedback to younz. i would love to help.

Hello,
    I work part time with the WoT mod as a concept artist and tester, now that finals are finished I have all the time in the world to beta test your mod. Ive previously tested HTW on MTW. I have historical knowledge (no degrees just based from personal interest), I also have knowledge in latin, and just basic knowledge of the game of R:TW. Ive followed your mod for several months and would love to help to fix it up with bugs.
    -CoS

PS. I apologize for PMing you earlier khelvan, I did not see the forum.
    Last edited by CrownOfSwords; 05-23-2005 at 07:58.

I would certainly be interested in participating. Avid Ancient military historian and military wargamer. Just beginning long service leave from work so time is not an issue. Have plenty of Beta test exp, including of late......Rome at it's best
    (well, we hope)
    Ancient Miniature Wargames

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Since your Betas are not all as big as 500Mb++, I also would like to join.

I'd be interested. Probably can't put much time forward for about 3 weeks though courtesy of exams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast