Thread: Geographical alterations

Default Geographical alterations

In the vanilla version the east anglian region is depicted as being normal wooded land, whereas back in the time of the game it was all marsh and fenland and wasn't until the orange "revolution" that dutch landscapers managed to drain the land and put in place sea defences to protect the land. Then it managed to become cultivated. Also the British Islands were far more densely forested back in the time of the game, it was upon the norman invasion that alot of the wooded areas were cut down.

Just thought you might want to add this to your campaign map to keep it as real as possible. I know its only a small thing but I thought you might want to know.

Will Buy Food For Food Member Bouchious's Avatar

Default Re: Geographical alterations

hmm i beleive that may be true, also i don;t know if this is 100% but; during 400 - 100BC storms are analysised (by them meteorologist people) to be frequent around nothern europe. now i don't know if it is possible, but making storms more frequent/likely in certain areas?
    -totally off topic but this is the 1000th thread in these eb forums
    Last edited by Bouchious; 05-22-2005 at 15:21.

Wow, well look at me go...

I don't know about the storm thing, although it would fit in well with the "fluff" I think it is hardcoded. Im not 100% about that though.

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

will EB change the damn rocks in the dessert. they are huge blocks of 2m wide and alle soldiers (inc. phalanx) break up and walk aroudn them in a cirkel of 2m. the formations get compeletly messed up. i know this will portrait the way pikemen and hoplites behaved but they recvored from teh stonefield in a much faster/betetr way that the dumb-ass AI

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Our map making team is trying to make the maps as accurate as possible, but there are always some hardcoded constraints. Plus, we still have no clue about editing climates and vegatation types in any effective way, which means the battlefields will always look wrong and cartooney, no matter what we do.
    I'm still not here

Just remembered another thing while playing, the cornwall region in britain although it has tin as a resource it should have the potential to build mining upgrades. As should the North East region as it was only really the south east of Britain that didn't/couldn't develop mining facilities.