Thread: Pink Floyd

Default Pink Floyd

I heard on Virgin Radio that Pink Floyd may be reforming for the next live aid...

I might be wrong as it's only a rumor...a rumor on national radio

Default Re: Pink Floyd

This crushes me.

Itr's like Bruce Springsteens latest tour, or Cream's reunion. Being a 17 year old from Cardiff, i'm not likely to see any of my favourite bands playing live, even if they reform, because ticket prices are in excess of £500!

Urgh...

However, i don't see Roger and Dave ever being on good terms...
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and i am you and what i see is me"

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Are you talking about the interview they had with Nick Mason? Because the band denied that his comments meant they were getting back together...
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I havent heard this at all,
    Dave gilmore and rojer waters had an argument about the wall album and to who the credits should go. (waters was in the right if you ask me)
    And i dont think they have spoken since,
    Gilmore makes some live aperances
    waters isnt in the best of helth. Well at least dosent look it,
    and his last live aperance was realy quite bad as he has lost a lot of his singing voice and is now quite grainy and dosent really hit a note any more let alone hold it

I have however been to a Austrailian pink floyd concert a few months ago, (a tribute band)
    They were really good and i couldnt really hear any diference,
    Prehaps these are who you are thinking of
    Last edited by Shambles; 05-22-2005 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    Are you talking about the interview they had with Nick Mason? Because the band denied that his comments meant they were getting back together...
    I don't know where it came from, it was just a comment on Pink Floyd on Virgin after the sogn Money. It was on this afternoon at about 5:30. He stated that they were getting together for Live aid...which is a bit weird. I don't know at all to be honest. It's jsut what I heard

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Hmmm, sounds good but I doubt it.

Just for the sake of saying it, I've seen them live three times, own every album, lots of live bootlegs, and as many old video clips as are available. (The old PBS acoustic sets they did are priceless. mellow enough to put a baby to sleep.) I'm waiting breathlessly for the release of the Pulse concert on DVD. It's reported to be coming out soon-ish. There's another DVD titled Atom Heart Mother due out as well. Looking forward to that as well.

Paid a scalper $500 for four seats in 1987. That was four times the normal price. And it was worth every cent! 20th row on the floor dead center at the Montreal Forum. What a show!
    Unto each good man a good dog

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

I heard this rumor about 4 months ago at work at the CD distributor. Last time I saw Floyd was on the 4th of July . It was the Wish you were here, Animals tour. It was supposed to be a double album but they split it in two. Nothing beats being a roady for the Wall concerts though. That was my favorite job ever They could have had me pay them .
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Gawain you were a roadie? Teach me, oh wise one...

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Yep, got to admit, as jobs go, that's a mighty sweet one indeed.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

We need a new Pink Floyd. Waters is too much of an asshole and they're all too old.

Perhaps if someone got Franz Ferdinand loaded on enough acid to kill a bull elephant we would have something going.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Gawain you were a roadie? Teach me, oh wise one..
    I still am. I thought you all knew that. I work the Nassau Collisium and Jones Beach for instance. Im not really a roadie but a stage hand. The big bands have a travelling crew but each venue has its own crew that knows the building. Mostly their the bosses and were the workers. We unload the trucks and set up all the equipment. They just tell us where to put it. When its all over we take it all down and put it back on the trucks, off to the next show for them and we wait for the next show to come here. One of the first bands I worked for was Ten Years After with Alvin Lee. A Hreat guitarist you dont here much about anymore. I also worked with Chicago. Mariah Carey of course and the Moody Blues to name a few. Hey did I tell you I saw the Beatles at Shea
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Holy smacking! You worked with Ten Years After AND Pink Floyd AND the Moody Blues?!?

"Rasafrasa-mumble-mumble......."

I think it's only fair that you regale us with tales of rock shows past. And don't spare the dirt!

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Ten Years After is really good, though I admit I only know them from the Woodstock movie.
    And Beatles at Shea?
    And no, I had no idea. Thats.... awesome. Um, what sort of qualifications are they looking for?

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"