Thread: Hello !

Default Hello !

Hi,

I am new here

I have been playing Shogun - original game (SP) for a few years now, with some breaks in between. I recently found WE edition of the game in bargain bin section and I bought it without hesitation.

As I read on this forum the official server has been disconnected but unofficially the game is still played online ?

I would like to try some multiplayer. I read through MP threads, I have patched the game to 1.02b version. I modified the internet.cfg to

ChatserverIPAddress = 212.238.194.39
    ChatserverPort = 8793
    NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
    NewsserverPort = 8797
    ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

What else do I still have to do ?
    At what time are the games held ?

Looking forward to getting a good whopping and be your cannon fodder...

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Re: Hello !

Hi Naginata, and welcome to the Org and Sword Dojo .

Sounds like you're ready to go for the most part. Most players (there are only a handful these days, but we do still play) are using Shambles' fakeserver. To access his server your internet.cfg file will need to be as follows:

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
    ChatserverPort = 8793
    NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
    NewsserverPort = 8797
    ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

It looks like only the first line in yours needs to be changed.

People play sporadically, but if there is a time when you are most likely to find people online, it's between 7pm and Midnight GMT. You are more likely to find people there on weekends, but some do play during the week.

Your best bet is to post your availability here and make arrangements to meet with someone. Keep an eye on the "STW MP" thread, as people tend to post there if they are looking for some games. Shambles and Drisos enjoy playing a lot lately. I do too, but haven't been on in a couple of weeks as my schedule has been a bit tight. There are several others who just pop in to the fakeserver and don't read or post here very much. You can also just log in and check when you want to play, but this method will require much patience as the foyer is empty much of the time. Good luck, and have fun .
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Welcome Naginata

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Welcome to the .org and to the Sword Dojo!

Please give us a short introduction in entrance hall in the 'HAIL New Members (introductions) II' thread.

Hope you get online soon. And I hope to see you in shambles foyer. I'd be glad to teach you some basic MP stuff that Toga teached me.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -