Thread: why everyone please read

Default why everyone please read

why is there no Julius Caesar, Hannabal, or Alexander the great why are there only 4 games (RTW, MTW, STW, MTWVI) why not a Alexander total war Julius Caesar total war or a Hannibal total war
    Last edited by clayton ballentine; 05-24-2005 at 18:43. Reason: the title was not how i wanted it

Default Re: why everyone please read

Ceasar and Hannibal are in RTW, or at least it covers that period

First off there are only 3 official total war games STW MTW and RTW. MTW:VI is just MTW with the viking invasion expansion pack. Also Alexander the greats time is about 50 years before RTW starts and Hannibal and Gaius Julius Caesar times are included in RTW's time frame. It's easy to get a family member named Hannibal for Carthage, within the first 2 generations usually. For Caesar, you need a Julii family member named Gaius Caesar, then you turn him into a kickass general and statesman.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

why are there only 4 games
    A game takes time, but as Lars said there is 3

There's a Hannibal mod out and at least Alexander mods in production, I believe.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Alexander the Great: 363 BC to 321 BC, I think.

Julius Caesar's name is Gaius Julius; Caesar is his title I believe.

I finished my Julii Campaign, never saw a Gaius Julius pop out. Had a lot of Generals named Gaius, but no Gaius Julius. Had a Caius Julius once though...

Oh yeah, I finished the campaign before Caesar's historical time. I wonder if thats why......

Anyone had a Publius Cornelius Scipio before?

Marcus Brutus?

i believe it is because it is not based on alexander or julius ceasor but just the time that they lived in.
    The bigger the weapon the harder it is to pick up.-Shadow
    member of the lords of midnight
    visit us www.lordsofmidnight.tk

[QUOTE=Marquis of Roland]Julius Caesar's name is Gaius Julius; Caesar is his title I believe.QUOTE]

Gaius = Praenomen : a given name and usually only used by those close or imtimate with the individual. The praenomen is often inherited for the first-born (thus Gaius Julius was the son of Gaus Julius)

Julius = Nomen : an inherited family name. The Julii were a patrician family who could trace their ancestry back to the very first kings of Rome from Alba Longa. They also reputedly descended from Romulus (and thus Mars) and Aeneas (and thus Aphrodite).

Caesar = Cognomen : the closest Roman equivalent to a nickname. In this case, Caesar literally means 'full head of hair' and was probably used to describe one of Caesar's hairier ancestors (seeing as he was almost bald). The cognomen was also inherited if the family was prestigious enough. Thus Caesar's father and grandfather were also called Gaius Julius Caesar.

Another example would be Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus.

Publius = Praenomen

Cornelius = Nomen : from the gens Cornelii

Scipio = Cognomen : meaning 'rod' or 'sceptre' and probably referring to a previous ancestor of the gens Cornelii who held an important office such as consul or even dictator.

Africanus = Honorific : granted to Scipio after his victory at Zama against Hannibal and recognising his part in defeating Carthage.

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Also Caius - Gaius

The Romans didn't distinguish c and g
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Quote Originally Posted by Catiline

c and g
    what is c and g

He means the letters "c" and "g" are the same letter to Romans. In other words, if your name were Roman, clayton and glayton would each be valid spellings of it.

Am I right in understanding your meaning Gatiline?

Crecoshi
    This space intentionally left blank

I'm pretty sure that's not true. The latin "Cogito" for example, meaning to think.

They are referring to names.

Caius/Gaius
    Cnaeus/Gnaeus

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis of Roland
    Julius Caesar's name is Gaius Julius; Caesar is his title I believe.

I finished my Julii Campaign, never saw a Gaius Julius pop out. Had a lot of Generals named Gaius, but no Gaius Julius. Had a Caius Julius once though...

Oh yeah, I finished the campaign before Caesar's historical time. I wonder if thats why......

Anyone had a Publius Cornelius Scipio before?

Marcus Brutus?
    no his name was Gaius Julius Ceasar

We do not sow.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i think why arent there any historic characters popping up in the right time and circumstances. in MTW

i had avout 50 historic characters almost all in the good period with some good traits.

i had Joanne d'Arc she had truly pious. i had Salladin a few times. William Wallace, William Marshal, Richard Lionheart, Barbarossa, Henry the Lion, Jacques de .... (executed Crusadermaster) El Cid. and more

the weirdes was William Tell

We do not sow.