Thread: Please, some confirmation on this

Exclamation Please, some confirmation on this

Haven't played in a while, so i don't remember the exact mecanic of this bug:

Protectorates are still bugged in 1.2, mostly in the economic side: (IIRC) when i demand a protectorate and the other one accepts, it is now THEIR treasury the one that gets severely decimated(Remember that in 1.0 it was the protecter the one who lost? well, now it's the opposite). This error continues to show up in every single turn( in the economic summary), but the money is added no more.

Ok, perhaps i don't explain myself very clear, so let's give an example: I was Carthage and was at war with egypt. I had 600k and they had 100k in treasury. Somehow, they accepted to be my protectorate.

The next turn, i noticed my treasury has gone from 600k to 700k, i saw the diplomacy section of the summary and noticed that i had 100K of income just for the concept of diplomacy... this part is where begin to suspect this is a bug

Next turn, everything goes back to normal (from 700k to 705k in treasury), however, the economic report indicated that i had ANOTHER 300k from diplomacy... at this point i AM certain this is definately a bug

This inconsistency has been happening every turn , allow me to show you. Notice that it still happens even now that i'm at war with egypt

This campaign was played in unmodded RTW 1.2... could someone give any confirmation of this happening to you??
    Proud member of the Cavarly Association of Commanders
    From MTW:Turks, Egyptians to MTW2: Turks again!. Passing through RTW: Scythia, Sarmatia/Baktria(this was in RTR, right?) and BI: Sarmatia, again!
    What?? Sign above the dotted line?? of course!

Default Re: Please, some confirmation on this

I too have noticed this, though the amount was not so great. I suggest you post this in the "bugs" sticky.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

I posted it in the Ludus Magna sticky... but i decided to post it here as well to see iif anyone else had noticed this flaw, or it was just a strange anomaly in my campaign
    Proud member of the Cavarly Association of Commanders
    From MTW:Turks, Egyptians to MTW2: Turks again!. Passing through RTW: Scythia, Sarmatia/Baktria(this was in RTR, right?) and BI: Sarmatia, again!
    What?? Sign above the dotted line?? of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Betito
    I posted it in the Ludus Magna sticky... but i decided to post it here as well to see iif anyone else had noticed this flaw, or it was just a strange anomaly in my campaign
    Yeah, I ran into this recently as well. In my case it was me as TSE accepting becoming Egypt's protectorate (I wanted a few more turns to build up before attacking, heh). I noticed I had like 2,500 outgoing to them on the financial page. Very next turn they attack me. Every turn after that my financial shows an outgoing amount of 2,500. I was pretty early in my game and didn't bother to do the math and see if it was just a display bug or if I was indeed still paying them that much every turn, I just restarted and told them to go to hell when they asked in the next game.

I suppose if it's just a display bug then it doesn't matter, but it sure scared me off from accepting becoming somebody else's protectorate.