Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Atlantis Total War

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Re: Atlantis Total War

Unleashed is a gameplay mod i have been working on, check my sig. I agree scaners are very confusing.

I would like to add that the fabled city of Atlantis was an actually place and is believe to have existed on the island of Crete. In RTW that Island is called Kydonia. Their civilization was devastated by a volcanic eruption on a sister island that caused an earthquake and tidal wave that subsequently destroyed much if Atlantis and in particular its trade fleet/navy. With their power base eliminated they were vulnerable to attack from marauders and were eventually destroyed.

The Atlantans were the richest and most powerful civilization of their time. They enjoyed a rich culture and standard of living above all others that would not be seen again for centuries. They even had running water, sewers, and paved streets many centuries before anyone else.

Perhaps you should base the Atlantans on Kydonia? It would seem more realistic and historically accurate. Give them powerful naval units with good speed, attack and defense. Let them produce Cretan Archers and phalanx and nice calvary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicendice
    I would like to add that the fabled city of Atlantis was an actually place and is believe to have existed on the island of Crete. In RTW that Island is called Kydonia. Their civilization was devastated by a volcanic eruption on a sister island that caused an earthquake and tidal wave that subsequently destroyed much if Atlantis and in particular its trade fleet/navy. With their power base eliminated they were vulnerable to attack from marauders and were eventually destroyed.

The Atlantans were the richest and most powerful civilization of their time. They enjoyed a rich culture and standard of living above all others that would not be seen again for centuries. They even had running water, sewers, and paved streets many centuries before anyone else.

Perhaps you should base the Atlantans on Kydonia? It would seem more realistic and historically accurate. Give them powerful naval units with good speed, attack and defense. Let them produce Cretan Archers and phalanx and nice calvary.
    There's a new and just as compeling theory that Atlantis was in Sardinia, based on the findings of a sophistacated civilization there which speard itself into the Eastern Med in the form of the Sea Peoples, much in the way the Atlanteans invaded the East in the Platonic account.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
    - Napoleon on fame

I thought it was on the sister island called thera, that blew up in a volcano. we'll make atlantis on some island in the middle of nowhere in the east mediterrainian anyway.

Slicendice, I was originally going to put it on crete, but it is relly said to be on thera and that would be to small to put a city on. Thus we decided to just put it in the east med. This is a fantasy mod anyways. But, hey your suggestions are very welcome guys.

If it was a fantasy mod, we would have mermaids and floating battle ships.

well semi-fantasy. I mean Atlantis coming back is Fantasy. So we are a historically accurate fantsy mod

Alright update:

We are going to be a mod for imperium total war. Thrace is already hacked so we have to decided on a new faction.

The new faction to be cut will be illyria. The side story is King of Atlantis nuked them in honor of the greeks.(btw, non of this will probably make since to any of you except chilly )

WHAT?!!!! No way, atlantis was a joke! We should make it for BI, it makes the most sense, it has all those new features! [chant]BI!BI!BI![/chant]

Concepts:

Armed Recruit:

These are the drawings of a 12 year old! Do not expect much.

Son of a Star Member Bar Kochba's Avatar

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is this mod dead by any chance??????
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

"Its a great mitzva to be happy always" Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

We want moshiach now!!

Default Sv: Atlantis Total War

Well, I could not draw that well when I was 12...I don't know if I can draw that well now either.
    Hej sötnos.

Its probably dead. There hasnt been activity since August. Thats a long time .

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    - Emiliano Zapata

We never got the modeler that we so needed

looks very great

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567