Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis Total War

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Atlantis Total War

ROME TOTAL WAR: RETURN OF ATLANTIS

This mod is based in the rtw time period with one change. The Atlanteans have RETURNED! The Atlantis faction will replace thrace. This faction will be completely overhauled, with a full list of new units .

We will be placing atlantis on a new island in the east mediteranean. The Atlantean units will be top of the notch, but very expensive.

One day this may be a total conversion, but that is in the future.

We have a very talented skinner, but we would very much like a modeler .

Are forums-http://s7.invisionfree.com/Return_of_Atlantis/index.php ( not much goin on there though )

For those reading i reccomend not reading this first page as this mod has changed completly and all info on it is outdated.

The storyline has been written read it here,
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...798#post860798

Support us with a sig

THE TEAM:
    King of Atlantis-faction description,loading screen bar
    Chilly5-skinner,unit planner
    Byzantine Prince -campaign map

Last edited by King of Atlantis; 07-27-2005 at 09:09.

Default Re: Idea!

This mod sounds like a good idea!

I would like to join maybe as a reasercher type, but i cant really mod.

Sure welcome to the team, but we really need modders.

finding a moddler may be a bit hard so work with what you have,
    editing the campaign map is a good start, however be careful of your positioning of atlantis, from the many expeditions sent to look out for this island, not one has said for certain he had found it,
    A lot of people believed that if it was certainly a real historical island it would have been located off the coast of western spain,
    what i would do is extend the campaign map eastwards, and add in your aquired landmass, place some cities and give them to the greekcities,
    Then you may begin work on a seperate Atlantian faction if you wish,
    however it would take much time and effort, or what you could do is rename a hellenic culture faction 'the Atlantians' and remove their original provinces and place them on Atlantis, give them a nice dark blue aqua colour,
    if you need some advice you could always ask;
    ~KingJo5

From what i have heard atlantis was probably the minions of crete. The was a eruption there that virtually destroyed their civilisiation and led to the invasion of the sea people. Their enemies were athens and eygpt. So i would keep to vanilla eygpt as they are perfect. But i am probably going to try and make this mod more of the fantasy Atlantis

I am going to but photoshop soon but this mod really wouldnt take to much time so i was hoping i could get a talented skinner to do a couple skins for me. (If i have some nice eyecandy more people would probably join.) hence my plead for help.

The first step will be to rename greece, but i heard you can do this ingame without actually changing everywhere it says greece. So could anybody please tell me how to do this?

-Thanks-

Well i got to go to California tomorrow but ill try to start this up when i get back in two weeks. If anyone wants to join still right back.

I have been thinking and now i have decided to replace thrace instead of greece, but then change greece to athens as the man who reported atlantis to pluto said that atlantis had been at war with athens and eygpt at the same time(this will be represented in the mod)

unit ideas:

myrmidons

That is the basic idea, (maybe even modelled after brad pit )

Here is a quick overview of the story of atlantis,
    A reasercher from came back from eygpt to report to pluto about atlantis. This is the only source we have about Atlantis. He gave the size measurments, said it was outside pillars of hercules. These pilliars are at the time where somewhere and greece and NOT the stait of gilbraltar like today. HE also said that atlantis was advanced beyond its time(described a bronze age kingdom 2000 years before bronze age), and very importantly to this mod he stated that it was at war with athens and eygpt at the same time.

Many people believe that atlantis was the minonian civilization of crete, hence why i am placing atlantis at crete. There was an eruption there that destroyed the minionians and is a possible place of origns of the Sea People.

I have always imagined atlantis as a advanced greek like civ and that is how i will represent it, but i believe that some sea people typr units would be great.

Well the first thing i need to do is like you said rename thrace to atlantis(replaced with greece) and rename greece to athens. I heard you can do this without changing much files so if anyone could help explain how it would be nice.

sorry for the repeat of info but for some reason my post keep disappering on my computer completely.

----problem fixed-----
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-19-2005 at 04:19.

Atlantean Hoplite

regular hoplite but with siver armour, no chest plate, and maybe a woad stripe thing and the factions colour would be navy blue.

There was an attempt to make a mod similiar to this earlier but it died out. I wonder if the got any work done that could be used

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

I already know that quite a few modders have got Greek models that could be used as Atlantians but of course you would have to get all of their permitions, the mermydons got done for sure

Hi The_lords_Skinner Here

Okay as you might have guessed im a skinner
    but what you might not of guessed was that i shall join
    in on your mighty mod If you need me Then good
    Im Preety god at skinning i great at txt editing Poo at campaing
    maps um........Thats all But yer so um.......Yer.......
    Hi The Lords Skinner Here

Hey, Lords welcome to the team. I think a good unit to do first would be atlantian hoplites. (I'll pm you with the details).

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    Many people believe that atlantis was the minonian civilization of crete, hence why i am placing atlantis at crete. There was an eruption there that destroyed the minionians and is a possible place of origns of the Sea People.
    It has also been theorized that the city of "Atlantis" was located on the island of Thera in the Aegean Sea, which was largely destroyed by a volcanic eruption.

UPDATE:
    Team members-
    leader-king of atlantis
    researcher-beluctrados
    skinner-the lords skinner

Work-
    Rename thrace to atlantis
    rename greek cities to athens(empire)
    decide on what to do

research myths and recent finds
    skin new units
    ask around for units/etc..
    get more team members

CURRENT ISSUES:
    Decide on atlantis colors- i am thinking deep blue ad black
    Lords skinner-I want to do more research and thinking before we do hoplites but it would be good if you could do levies.

Atlantian levies- They should be a reskinned warband with navy blue primary color and black secondary. Brown hair, white skin, and woad desisn on their skin(but navy blue). You certainly have the feedom todo with this unit as you feel, but i really want it to look around those guidelines.
    These units are the axulias of the atlantian empire and should have about the same states as warbands.
    P.S- i am still on vacation but i will have acess to the computer for the next few days.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Would you like me to rename the thread to Atlants - Total War? Idea! doesn't give the average member a very clear idea (excuse the horrible pun).

YES PLEASE, i named it idea because i didnt know at the time if it would ever be more than an idea but now i am certain we will be out.

thanks-

Update:

This mod will probably use rtr 6.0 if i can get permission. If so then the map would be perfect as greek colonies could be atlantis colonies, but this would mean athens empire would get the boot.

Some concepts from http://members.tripod.com/grahamjmabey/index.htm

The Atlantean swordsman could be used a an imatation legionary.

Well im going away again but this project is not dead.

This mod has an ok idea, though you so far only have the idea of the Atlantiens. Perhaps include mythical units? As this is a mythical story. So far (to what I know) you only have Atlantiens, perhaps adding more factions?

Maybe you could turn this mod into aAge of Mythology remake?

This mod is only a small one and will only have atlantis and vanilla factions.

I have decided i will use RTR 6.0 for this mod so it will be rtr: atlantis total war.

I know this is an odd combination but the rtr mod would fit perfect with my vision of atlantis except exchanging greece with atlantis.

I know there is another mod like this but i will go fourth anyways after 6.0 has come out.

Default Re: Atlantis Total War

I know this the location of Atlantis is very controversial, but you may want to consider putting Atlantis in Sicily. A German gentleman has a thesis on the net somewhere suggesting that the plain of Catania, in Sicily, as the location of Atlantis. During the Atlantean time period Sicily was much larger than it is today, she extended all the way to include Malta, and Malta is the home to the oldest freestanding stone temples. If you consider the 5,000 year old pyramids discoverd in Sicily, it is very convincing.

The Sicilian Pyramids (more like Ziggurats) seem to be related to similar pyramids found in Sardinia and the Canary islands.

This is an excellent idea for a mod....

Here is a link to the thesis:

http://www.thorwalds-internetseiten....antisindex.htm

Click on Meine Hypothese
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; 06-13-2005 at 18:17.

Some possible factions...

The Atlanteans:
    Iberians - Spain, France & British Isles
    Ligurians - Northern Italy, France Germany, Corsica
    Sicanians - Sicily, Southern Italy (below Etruria), Sardinia
    Libyans - North Africa

Anatolian Indo-Europeans: (1st to break away from Proto-Indo-European)
    Minoans (or Eteo-Cretans) - Crete
    Pelasgians - Greek Mainland
    Luvians - Western Anatolia
    Hittites - Central Anatolia

Hamitic:
    Egyptians - Egypt

You could also have the various Indo-European tribes in central Europe, waiting to migrate. Greeks, Italics, Illyrians, Cimmerians, Aryans (Iranians), Kelts, Teutons, etc...

You would also need a Mesopotamian faction, like the Sumerians.

Let me know if you would like more information...
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; 06-13-2005 at 18:08.

Sicily is one of the places that i was thinking of putting atlantis but crete is still ahead.

*This mod will only include atlantis replacing greek cities in rtr 6.0. It is based on the idea that atlantis didn't fall but stayed alive and started colonizing the world. If atlantis was actually a real place and it didnt fall it is logical that it would have conquered the richest place at the time greece. At a later time i might but in a few more countries like athens empire but the first version will just include atlantis*

Anyways thanks for the replies

According to the Antediluvian World, Atlantis did colonize many places around the world when it fell. The Atlantean factions I mentioned are sited as the colonizers.

I think the four related Atlantean factions I mentioned, based on the ex-Roman factions, would make an excellent mod. The Roman alliance system would simulate the Atlanteans working together to colonize barbarian europe.

I have been working on a 1600 BC Bronze age mod, based on the Mundus Magnus map. I think I may convert it to start around 4500 BC.

In this mod all of those colonies have failed and atlantis has turned its efforts to to the east(greek colonies). I might give atlantis england since rtr has made it empty, but nothing is really decided yet as i won't start modding until 6.0 is out.

I will make the faction description soon and any info on atlantis is appreciated.

thread here

It seems that there is already an atlantis total war in the making and it is a lot further ahead than me so this project might be finished.

editi never mind
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-20-2005 at 02:30.

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY! I'M ALREADY MAKING A ATLANTIS MOD! oh well, as long as they are relatively different, will this be a total conversation? if so, continue and i will not flame on this mod, cause i'm making a atlantis invasion type mod and is already finished with the tech tree and all the infantry (though planning to reskin). so yeah, i dont want any conflicts . . . but ur mod sounds a lot like my mod

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast