Thread: Settlement Ownership

Frustrated would-be modder Member vastator's Avatar

Default Settlement Ownership

Is it possible to change the owning faction of a settlement? It bugs me that Jerusalem has Egyptian culture and that any other faction suffers a culture penalty. Both Alexander the Great and Antiochus III of the Seleucid Empire granted the Jews religious and political autonomy, so surely Jerusalem should be a Rebel settlement with Eastern culture?

Default Re: Settlement Ownership

easy just change the founders in the descr_strat file

settlement
    {
    level large_town
    region Judaea

year_founded 0
    population 3000
    settlement_tax 51
    plan_set default_set
    faction_creator parthia;to whatever you like
    building
    {
    type core_building governors_villa
    }
    building
    {
    type defenses wooden_pallisade
    }
    building
    {
    type missiles practice_field
    }
    building
    {
    type temple_of_law temple_of_law_shrine
    }
    building
    {
    type hinterland_roads roads
    }
    }
    Rolanbek

I think the only way to do that is to mod the descr_start file inside the romefolder/data/world/campain/(acording the mod that you use)/descr_start.txt .

As far as i know there you can change the ownership of a region so the culture as well.

I thing it is not possible to change the culture without changing the ownership of the province.

On the other hand and assuming that i am incorrect and you can change the culture without changing the ownership it will be pointless because in a few turns the AI will built the buildings of his culture and eventually the culture will change according to the function that AI commands.

you can alter the faction creator (and therefor any culture penaltys) independant of the regions ownership ( defined under the desc strat and the desc region files)

It has some interesting uses (note the in vanilla there is a culture penaly in Belgica for the britons as the founder is stated as gaul in the desc strat look it up and see...)

R
    Rolanbek

Frustrated would-be modder Member vastator's Avatar

Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to make the necessary mods as soon as I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by rolanbek
    you can alter the faction creator (and therefor any culture penaltys) independant of the regions ownership ( defined under the desc strat and the desc region files)

It has some interesting uses (note the in vanilla there is a culture penaly in Belgica for the britons as the founder is stated as gaul in the desc strat look it up and see...)

R
    So if you change the function creator for a Greek city from Macedon or Greek_cities to lets say Briton what will be the effects of that. Dose this mean that the city will have a constant culture penalty? or it means that the buildings that are located in the town will be Barbarian cultured. Could you please explain how the game reacts.

Yes there will be a culture penalty if you change the creator. The Starting building defined in the strat will take on the culture of the originator which will be reduced as you replace the buildings as per normal.

Watch out for the massive distance from capital penalty though!

R
    Rolanbek