Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Archive: Discussion so far

Default Re: Shogun Total War mod for MTW-VI

There is a way to fix the rebels iussue, where in a rebellion rebels are VI units?

Does the mod have a Japanese faction in the VI campaign map?

A couple of quick questions for anyone who has the time to answer

music: I remember last time I installed this mod I had to tweak some files and add some .wav files to get the music to work, has anyone simplified this at all with like a music pack? or can you direct me to the appropriate post.

maps: do these go in the save maps folder or the campaign / battle / maps folder

retraining: I notice that some of my Nodachi generals if they get down to one man wont retrain - I get the you need to build message - but I can build nodachi in that province?

thanks

YD
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

I don't understand it. Does this mod work on anyone? I tried it several times and it doesn't load the map. In fact it doesn't detect the map at all.

Can someone help or at least release a proper version of this?

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Good god almighty. I can't believe I never notced this mod. To hell with RTW- I'm going Medeival again!

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Ok I got it to work but I have problems. Why do the dead bodies dissapear? Or better why don't they apear?

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

oki

i have not read through everything
    but the dead bodies is a bug i will be fixing in next release

the next release
    which some of us (1pain1duck and Ra's al Ghul among others) are working very hard on at the moment
    it is At Least a few weeks away

right now i am "populating" the clans with as correct a mix of names as i can

some of the names are from 600AD to the early 1800's, but i figure they name kids after great grandparets and after great characters from their histories so i hope you'll let me get away with that

also i intend to provide my research as well organised as possible so it will become a central reference point for births and deaths,
    this should make campaign-mods set in other era's a little easier (like the Mejii, the Onin or Taira-Minamoto wars)

some clans have very little data on them available, so they will be "filled up" with fictional heroes from some of the more popular fictional books set in the Era (and movies)
    OR they will be populated with samurai from clans that did exist, but got wiped out before all the big "assimilations" took place
    a couple of clans general lists are being populated by martial arts dojo's that existed in the Era (and their decendants)

One other thing i am doing is alternate names, if a samurai was know by two or three other names all of them will appear in the lists

some 20 odd clans - each needing a minimum of 120 names being 40heirs and 80generals means i have to find over 2,400 names!!!

Shortly i will also be asking for people to help me populate 2 special clans with names that dont appear in the histories(trust me, i have well over 20MB of files, e-books and even a couple of complete websites that people have kindly sent to me)

Another thing i am going to do is make the next release an overwrite mod
    this means we can use all the excellent Shogun AND Warlords bif files!!!
    (a couple need minor editing - some of which i have already edited)

It also means i can use duplicate bifs and recolour them to make new units,
    Yari sams - in shogun they were Yari Sams and that is all that was in the bif
    for Mongols they became Yari AND Nagi sams with simply a different weapon added into the bif BUT they also had Crossbowmen added to their bif, which meant losing some animations
    SO I will recolour the sams in the black suit crossbow bif and make them into a seperate unit
    also the multi colour crossbowmen in the mod will most likely become Ronin Crossbows while the clans will get the black suit crossbows

that sort of thing

it also means it is going to be a lot easier to add-in the mongol units
    seeing the majority are already in Warlords!!!
    (but i am hoping to keep some of the medieval mogols too - and give the mogols an expanded array of units)

When i get close to that part i will be asking people what additional mongol units should be added to the Shogun/WEMI mongols

and if i can make the time i will also be making my own bif's containing 2 new units that i have always felt should have been in the game from the beginning - lets hope i get the time!!!
    (i have to cut and edit 2 bifs to get them into the game)
    but now that i am going to be overwriting for this release that job just got a whole lot easier than it was - i no longer have to combine units into bifs to have the room - i can replace some of the medieval bifs that we wont be needing.

We also have a neat front end from Tomi to add,
    (and a new intro movie!!! - we actually have TWO, Soly and I will have to duke it out to see which one we use)
    and we will also be looking at the interface itself and trying to bring the shogun feel to the interface (for campaugn map and hopefully for the battle map too)

This mod has always been a community project and i will be doing my best to thank everyone in the readme file
    WELL over 50 people have commited time, resources and energy to this mod over the last 18 months

Cheers
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Well if you need any help with small things that you want someone to do i will help............I have done some modding in the past but stoped and looking inot this now....So any small things that you can just pass on i will do.....sorry if this is no help but i just want to help in any way i can......I going back to learning how to mod MTW because RTW is not as open or so people say...I have play your mod and like what i se so far....did not know you was going 4 the STW look was thinking you would have more land and clans..........
    All Faith is false all faith is true. Truth is the shattered mirrors strewn In myriad bits; While each believes his little bit the whole to own. From The kasidah of Haji Abu el-Yezdi

(*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

well,
    one thing that would be helpful is ideas
    have a wander through the medieval unit bifs and unit mix,

What unit bifs from Medieval/VI would be suited to representing additional Mongol Units ?

What type of units should be added to the Mogols ?
    note - if you want a unit, you need to find me a bif that has it

What unit bifs from Medieval/VI would be suited to representing additional Japanese Peasant forces (i can retone skin to make them less European - the current Europen peasant bifs have too much faction colours on them to be truly usefull - but some of the others (muslim bifs for example)may be handy

What additional peasant type troops should make an appearance?

What unit bifs from Medieval/VI would be suited to representing MONKS?

What type of Units should the Religious Warrior Monk forces contain?

Cheers,
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Progress is being dicussed here at the moment.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Today I bribed some rebels in Kii and got a unit of Welsh Bandits. They are really effective, and very cool.

Is there any way to construct a unit of ninja archers or perhaps brigands, based on the Welsh Bandits, who could hide?

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ichi
    Today I bribed some rebels in Kii and got a unit of Welsh Bandits. They are really effective, and very cool.
    Uhm, they shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ichi
    Is there any way to construct a unit of ninja archers or perhaps brigands, based on the Welsh Bandits, who could hide?

ichi
    Yes, easily done. But what about the Battlefield Ninja?
    I've to admit I haven't used them in this mod yet, but they are buildable
    and the stats say that they can hide. At least in my version where I've
    changed a few things.
    I don't know their range atm but the Longbow range seems a bit too much.
    barocca will have a last say on this issue.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Tosainu-It crashed for me today, I think I've to reinstall the whole load: MTW, VI, Bars mod, Samuraistat.
    What is the bars mod? Samuraistat? Where can i download it?
    A man's real possession is his memory.In nothing else is he rich,in nothing else is he poor
    Shakespeare
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
    You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war they kill you in a new way.
    If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.

Default Re: Shogun Total War mod for MTW-VI (archive

Files
    STWmod for MTW/VI Beta5_20nov zip
    Samurai Wars 10b unit stats
    STWmaps

WE HAVE OUR OWN DEDICATED FORUM
    I am going to leave these threads in place,
    but we now have a dedicated forum and the absolute latest data will be in the Samurai forum

EDIT

oki, i made a direct copy of the thread,

now here, in this thread,
    if you see an item you want to discuss
    press "control n" to open a duplicate window,
    then find the post you want to talk about and hit Quote BUT DO NOT HIT THE POST BUTTON,
    NOW go to the other window, move back up into the Samurai forum,
    start a new thread and copy/paste the quote into the new thread

ALL TOPICS ARE FAIR GAME
    Last edited by barocca; 05-27-2005 at 13:34.
    The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314