Thread: Autoceasefire

Default Autoceasefire

I've heard people discuss an "autoceasefire." I see that it happens when there is "no contact." How is that most easily achieved when you want to end a bad war?

Default Re: Autoceasefire

You can't have any provinces bordering your enemy, and no ships in the same seas. After ten years of this, hostilities end.
    [War's] glory is all moonshine; even success most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families.
    — William Tecumseh Sherman

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

After ten years? In my campaigns (vi 2.01), it seems that the year after contact is lost, political status returns to neutral.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TogakureOjonin
    After ten years? In my campaigns (vi 2.01), it seems that the year after contact is lost, political status returns to neutral.
    Me too

The year after all land and sea contact is ended there is an unheralded ceasefire.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

A single turm without contact will neutralize a heated conflict. Them medieval guys might have been keen on war, but they were also very quick to forgive and forget. ;)
    Gôtt mos, Lennart.

Thanks. My war with the Horde should be over, then, though I'll never end it with the Spanish. Wanting to get that one over, I sent 2 emissaries, a cardinal, and a princess. They rebuffed the emissaries and cardinal but accepted the princess. I figured that would end the war, but it didn't, and now my king is beseiged in Wessex and my navy is really shot. The siege should be easy to raise, but the ignominy!