Thread: Is Customizing unit possible?

Default Is Customizing unit possible?

Everything I wish about a game is that someday it will be possible to customize units in a strategy game. Though such game came out (I forgot the name of it) a few years ago where you can mutate animals to creat units, is it possible to customize armors, weapons, and etc. for a unit in total war games? Is it way out of imagination or is there a real small chance of succeeding to make such a feature? Can anyone make such a mod for mtw, or is it have to be a whole new game. I'm really curious.
    "Do not weep, do not announce my death. Beat the drum, blow the trumpet, wave the flag for advance. We are still fighting. Finish the enemy to the last one." - Admiral Yi Sun-shin

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Is Customizing unit possible?

You can do some modifying but you really know how to mod.... I've started after 2 months of preparation, customizing the game.... Creating new provinces, modifying the units and AI are the hardest tasks...

At units, you can't change armor, it stays the same... You can change the weapon type... Very good.... For example, the Royal Knights can have axes or maces instead of swords...

But what you said, it's not related to TW... No way... That's way too fictional!!!

Check topics in the modding MTW forums and also download a mod... That might help you!!!

In order to modify by yourself, you need to study something from the topics really well!!! And also, when you are modding, don't forget to backup because if it doesn't work, you screwed the whole game!!!

Cheers!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Well, customizing a single unit is not that hard, actually is easier than making a new one...
    You can edit most stats using Gnome editor and tinkering with the crusader_prod file, while graphics can be changed by editing the graphical animation though it's not as easy because they are in a quite unsupported format...
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

nono, what i'm talking about is an in-game feature where everyone can customize their own units. I wasn't talking about modding units.
    "Do not weep, do not announce my death. Beat the drum, blow the trumpet, wave the flag for advance. We are still fighting. Finish the enemy to the last one." - Admiral Yi Sun-shin

You'd need the source code for that...
    The best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingedVictory
    Everything I wish about a game is that someday it will be possible to customize units in a strategy game. Though such game came out (I forgot the name of it) a few years ago where you can mutate animals to creat units
    It was called Impossible Creatures. I played it and I think it sucked. But it could be matter of taste.
    To be is to do.
    - Socrates
    To do is to be.
    - Satre
    Do be do be do.
    - Sinatra

There's a better game for that, it's called Warzone 2100.
    If you can0t find it in stores try HOTU.
    The best is yet to come.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

In game modyfying is not possible, unless you created the game!!!!

Indeed, as Zarax said, you need the source code for it and I think it's extremely hard....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

nothing is impossible in game making. Who woulda thought we would be able to command 10,000 3-d units in a virtual world, ten years ago. I know it's gonna come, and you'll see it!!!

Sure, it's possible...
    Just buy the game source and contents, hire a programmer team and you're done...
    The best is yet to come.