Thread: Candy for North Koreans!

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Default Candy for North Koreans!

link-candy story-cnn.com
    SEOUL, South Korea (Reuters) -- Candy may be dandy for North Korean children trying to grow tall, strong and smart in a country battling chronic food shortages.

North Korea has developed a candy it claims is good for children and will help them increase their height, weight and IQ, a pro-North Korea newspaper published in Japan said on Friday.

"Unlike medications that help growth by clinical methods or hormonal effects, the growth nutritional candy has no negative side effects," the Choson Sinbo said, based on an interview with the head of a nutritional research center in the North.

Unlike sugar-packed and chocolate-covered sweets, the North is hoping that children in the reclusive state will enjoy munching on their nutritional candy made of seaweed, beans, carrots and sesame seeds, the newspaper said.

The candy report comes on the same day a top U.N. agency official said the food shortage crisis in North Korea is growing more severe by the day and the communist state is dispensing "starvation rations" to its population.
    Mmmmmm, candy...

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Re: Candy for North Koreans!

I wonder if Kim Jung Ill serves it to the kids while wearing his Elvis costume.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    I wonder if Kim Jung Ill serves it to the kids while wearing his Elvis costume.
    Man, I hope so. That guy sure knows how to party.

-
    I can't wait till people in college start a collection box for money to make candy for north koreans. That would be awesome.
    -

Now we understand why they can't have market economy there.....

It's just a shame they don't have any seaweed, beans, carrots or sesame seeds isn't it.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

nutritional candy made of seaweed, beans, carrots and sesame seeds, the newspaper said.
    It sounds like some kind of freaky diet bar rather than a sweet...
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

It's a Stalinist haven, no pleasures allowed. Candy is too much fun and you might want to move to the US so you can have it every day.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i hate kim jung il. He is an idiot! all my fellow koreans starving for a 70s piece of junk weapon. the us should invade nk, while preventing any missile lauch on sk.
    "Do not weep, do not announce my death. Beat the drum, blow the trumpet, wave the flag for advance. We are still fighting. Finish the enemy to the last one." - Admiral Yi Sun-shin

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Why not SK invade NK?

It seems a bit unfair to have another nations troops die for what is essentially a civil war...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

If it wasn't for America NK would be all of Korea today. Wouldn't that be great?

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Yes just look at Cambodia or Mailand China vs Taiwan.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

If it wasn't for America NK would be all of Korea today. Wouldn't that be great?
    It is not great. What if Hitler invaded Canada and made all Canadians slave of German people, wouldn't that be great? Seriously, don't play around like that unless it's about your own country.

Moderator Note: W.Victory: That was sarcasm on ByzPrince's part. He didn't intend that assertion literally; quite the opposite. Recommend you cool down -KukriKhan
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 05-30-2005 at 12:47. Reason: Language
    "Do not weep, do not announce my death. Beat the drum, blow the trumpet, wave the flag for advance. We are still fighting. Finish the enemy to the last one." - Admiral Yi Sun-shin

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingedVictory
    It is not great. What if Hitler invaded Canada and made all Canadians slave of German people, wouldn't that be great? Seriously, don't play around like that unless it's about your own country.
    Don't do that again. You must understand the situation of the German people after the beginning of World War 2. Many of the people executed in camps before the invasion of Russia were GERMAN Jews, GERMAN blacks, and any GERMAN person who openly opposed Hitler. My people suffered under Hitler's rule as well. And don't even get me started on what the Soviets did when they took East Germany....

Wiederholen Sie nicht das. Sie müssen die Situation der deutschen Leute nach dem Anfang von Weltkrieg 2 verstehen. Viele der Leute durchgeführt in den Lagern, bevor die Invasion von Rußland DEUTSCHE Juden, DEUTSCHE Schwarze und jede DEUTSCHE Person waren, die öffentlich Hitler entgegensetzte. Meine Leute litten unter Richtlinie Hitlers außerdem. Und nicht erhalten Sie mich sogar begonnen auf, was die Sowjets taten, als sie Ostdeutschland.... nahmen

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

You so used a translator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.