Thread: Pay attention please.

Default Pay attention please.

So it is just my point of view on spam threads.
    Not long ago there was a mass production of spam threads ( I mean threads that were not of any use or sense ) by one of the members , and this fact was harshly met by other members , who began to argue on those threads.
    BUT posting on those threads in such way is not much better than posting the thread .
    So , please don't use other forums as some kind of garbage.
    If you consider any thread useless just don't post there , because by posting there you only encourage the person made them on creating new one.
    So , I suggest - if you have any complaints either post them here or report to mods!

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Pay attention please.

Sage advice. Reporting what you feel is an inappropriate post to the moderators (via PM or the Report Bad Post function) is the best thing to do in all circumstances IMO.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Yes. Berating the person who posted the thread yourself will only cause flamewars. Call in the staff-it's what we're here for.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Isn't the frontroom for random fun? If it was in the backroom ok. I never really feel like posting in spamthreads but what is the problem with those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    Isn't the frontroom for random fun? If it was in the backroom ok. I never really feel like posting in spamthreads but what is the problem with those that do.
    The problem with spam threads in the Frontroom is that we already have some-for want of a better word-constructive spam threads in the frontroom, which can be used to improve your postcount. Consolidating the spam in these threads is much better for everyone-although the Frontroom is for off-topic discussion, it's not fun if half of the threads on the front page are 'I am teh spamm0r!' or ridiculous polls with nonsense answers.

That's my policy, anyway.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I believe IliaDN is referring to several threads on the Colosseum rather than in the Frontroom. I've always found the best way to deal with new users who believe that random prolificacy will gain them attention and respect is to ignore them - either mentally or physically with the help of the handy Ignore feature.
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 05-28-2005 at 16:20.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Yes, that was my perception too; but Fragony asked a valid question, which I attempted to answer.

Yes, I should have made it clearer that I was replying to Fragony and not to yourself.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out