Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time in between posts problem?

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Time in between posts problem?

I have noticed, but since i got warned, the usual 20 seconds gap in between posts when you can't post a new post seems to have been elongated to a whole minute. Is this just the .Org being a bit slow, or is this something to do with my warning? Because if it is, then that's just FUBARed, because i am not spending the next 365 days or so waiting a minute in-between posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Default Re: Time in between posts problem?

What did you do to get a warning?
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Your warning is to last a year?

Your warning is to last a year?
    All warnings last a year. Once a year is up, you have your points removed. But that's not the point, the point is, why am i having to wait anything from 40 seconds to a whole minute to reply to topics?
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

What's FUBARed?

Mine is still 20 secs, I think it is to do with your warning level.

FUBAR = F*cked up beyond all recognition.

I guessed the FUBA then. I just didn't know what R was. Thanks.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Yes, it's additional flood control because of your warnings. It'd would be pretty stupid if the warnings didn't do anything, wouldn't it? They wouldn't be much of a deterrant.

The warnings don't necessarily last a year-they can be removed for good behaviour. So, play nice and they won't last too long.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Aaaaaah!!! Additional flood control!!!???

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craterus
    What's FUBARed?
    Fubar comes from the german "furchtbar", meaning terrible.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

And i just noticed that i can't edit my posts, which is incredibly annoying, because i make a lot of small but niggling mistakes, and being able to edit them is incredibly handy...

The "no edit" is also part of the punishment Mikeus. Use the post preview feature to review your post before submitting it to catch any errors.
    This space intentionally left blank

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

I seem to recall that your PM system will be disabled as well.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Because if it is, then that's just FUBARed, because i am not spending the next 365 days or so waiting a minute in-between posts.
    I don't mean to throw gasoline on an open fire, but really MC , is waiting one whole minute between posts really that horrible?

Seems pretty minor to me, certainly not FUBAR. A harsh punishment would be like a ban, or getting locked out of a bunch of forums, but 1 minute flood control can't be the worst thing in the world.

You've made some decent posts and I'd hate to see you leave us, especially if you left angry. BKS is right.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Cellular Microbiologist Member SpencerH's Avatar

I just saw a 'warnings level 3' in another watchtower thread and wondered what it refered to. A few seconds later I see my second one in this thread and realise that its not some kind of 'avatar-like' comment from the member. LOL.

I'd guess they're more common in the 'OT forums' but I dont post in those (here).
    E Tenebris Lux
    Just one old soldiers opinion.
    We need MP games without the oversimplifications required for 'good' AI.

I seem to recall that your PM system will be disabled as well.
    Nope. I can still PM.

but really MC , is waiting one whole minute between posts really that horrible?
    When you're as impatient as me, having to wait a whole minute just to post what might be only 1 word makes you want to throw something threw monitor and throw the entire god damn computer out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    When you're as impatient as me, having to wait a whole minute just to post what might be only 1 word ...
    Would that one word be "spam"? There is irony in here somewhere, I can sense it.
    This space intentionally left blank

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

It's still 20 seconds for me.

Good behavior? Play Nice? We got the warnings and we're proud!
    I think me and Mikeus are the only ones on the org with warnings

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

No your not Kaiser. There's a lot more people(like me) that still have warnings. Hell, I've already been banned once this is my second round.

I think what Capo means is me and him are the only ones with visible public warnings.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

being proud of visible warnings is a dangerous thing

a visible warning is a short hop from a ban

bans are not used lightly,
    but that does not mean "we wont use them unless we have to"
    it means we wont use them for frivilous punishment, but we will use them.

When you have a visible warning and you push a moderator, he/she goes and looks at your warnings and checks what you were warned about and when...carrying a "badge of warning" invites LESS leniency from Moderators!!

Moderators here are gods in their own domains,

Gregoshi can ban people from Monestary and that ban applies to all forums,
    and no-one (not even an Admin) can nay-say Gregoshi if he decides to push the button and "award" a ban.
    (and there is no court of appeal either)

Push a Moderator at your own risk.

B.
    Last edited by barocca; 05-29-2005 at 11:23.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

hahahahahahahah. I have absolutly no warnings. A good way not to get warned is to stay away from the backroom. Far away.........

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Or to just know your place, and don't push the moderators (as barocca said)...

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    hahahahahahahah. I have absolutly no warnings. A good way not to get warned is to stay away from the backroom. Far away.........
    Or just behave reasonably.

Or do that. But still the backroom can get people very heated.. i beleive thats how you got ure first ban BP, from getting a bit to caught up in debates. Its very hard not to.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    Or do that. But still the backroom can get people very heated.. i beleive thats how you got ure first ban BP, from getting a bit to caught up in debates. Its very hard not to.
    No it's not. There are plenty who post reguarly in the backroom, but who are well respected as being calm individuals. It comes down to the person more than the topic.

No it's not. There are plenty who post reguarly in the backroom, but who are well respected as being calm individuals. It comes down to the person more than the topic.
    Couldnt agree more, after all what is the preview post button for?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

The tendency of certain people to spam the Watchtower in the last few months amazes me.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

[Insertwittytitlehere] Member Copperhaired Berserker!'s Avatar

Why don't you use "reward points" which you got for being a good member who might have done a guide or.. well i could just go on and on, but the rewards are like 10 secs between each post instead 20 etc. Just a thought

If I was smart, I would have a witty punchline in this sig that would make everyone ROTFL.

I'm not smart.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker!
    Why don't you use "reward points" which you got for being a good member who might have done a guide or.. well i could just go on and on, but the rewards are like 10 secs between each post instead 20 etc. Just a thought
    I'm not sure if we should "encourage" making posts in 10s intervals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast