Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2926

Thread: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

Default Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian to the Iron View Post
    I'm Jewish, and I wouldn't be offended. It's clearly not meant in a serious manner, if it were, I wouldn't know it, and even if I did know that it was serious, I would man up and not care.
    That is a very mature attitude.
    But be a little more mature and realise that not every can be as mature about these things as you.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

*munches popcorn*

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Alright guys, I think we can lay off him now. I think he's learned his lesson.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back to Mount and Blade:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,230360.0.html
    Event Rules:
    Each clan participating should sign up players participating from their clan (10 players per clan are guaranteed have a slot + reserve players can fill up empty places in case some clan doesn't have 10 players or there's still room for more players).
    Reserve players may only play if there's room after every clan's 10 players are on the server. Priority 1 clan's reserves fill up empty places first, then priority 2.
    Each clan leader should sign up their clan and the 10 chosen top priority players using the template.
    More rules might be added later.

Match Rules:
    Running away/hiding to delay round is not allowed, do a suicidal attack instead and let people play and have fun!
    Reserve players may only play if there's players missing from a team (game crashes, etc.)
    You should aim for max 3/10 archers and 2/10 cavalry from each clan.
    Round length is 6min.
    There will be a spawn switch after every 5 rounds, and factions will be changed every 10 rounds.
    More rules might be added later.

Map: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...tml#msg5093653

Team 1.
    Apis Europae 10 (+2)
    Heroes 10
    Herr der Ringe 8
    Polish Eagles 10 (+5)
    Black Banner 10 (+5)
    Guard of Istiniar 10 (+8)
    Deutschritter 10
    Warsong Clan 10
    Brethren Crusaders 9
    Refeseseseseseseses 10
    Sword of Valor 3 (+7)
    Total: 100 (+27)
    Team 2.
    Renegades 10
    Vikings of Niflheim 10 (+?)
    Korpi 8
    TnT 10 (+2)
    Les Chevaliers d'Honneur 10 (+2)
    The Kindom of Swadia 10
    Einherjar 10
    22nd Battalion 5
    Court of Reveran 10
    Wolfpack 10
    Royaume de Bourgogne 7 (+3)
    Total: 100 (+7)
    A huge clan battle - looks pretty fun.

The first one (with screenshots and stuff):
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...tml#msg5303134

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Latest version of Prophesy of Pendor just released.

YES
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Latest version of Prophesy of Pendor just released.

Now if only i had time to actually play it again. Maybe one day.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

pi message me i didnt see it.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Default Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat

I need some tips for vanilla/Khergit.

I was really addicted but now I'm starting to get bored because I'm not really advancing. I have a crappy fief way out in the middle of nowhere that's impossible to defend so it's constantly looted.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing when it comes to my relationships with my fellow Khergit lords. 5 or so really like me (have the khan over 20 now). Rest are indifferent. I never get considered for new conquered fiefs. Any tips on what to do so I am? Also I have a lady over 20 and nothing ever happens there either.

Ever since I became a vassal my routine has basically been: pillage an enemy town, sell the goods, go visit the lady (she wants to see me constantly, its getting annoying especially since nothing's happening), occasionally win a tournament. Help a fellow lord(s) take a castle/city if I see them. Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Graphic; 08-03-2012 at 01:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    I need some tips for vanilla/Khergit.

I was really addicted but now I'm starting to get bored because I'm not really advancing. I have a crappy fief way out in the middle of nowhere that's impossible to defend so it's constantly looted.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing when it comes to my relationships with my fellow Khergit lords. 5 or so really like me (have the khan over 20 now). Rest are indifferent. I never get considered for new conquered fiefs. Any tips on what to do so I am? Also I have a lady over 20 and nothing ever happens there either.

Ever since I became a vassal my routine has basically been: pillage an enemy town, sell the goods, go visit the lady (she wants to see me constantly, its getting annoying especially since nothing's happening), occasionally win a tournament. Help a fellow lord(s) take a castle/city if I see them. Rinse and repeat.
    Look at dis scrub ; )
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Ever since I became a vassal my routine has basically been: pillage an enemy town, sell the goods, go visit the lady (she wants to see me constantly, its getting annoying especially since nothing's happening), occasionally win a tournament.
    You need a hot-wine mod.

In all seriousness, stick around your fief and defend it, and try to conquer more places. Specially cities/villages since they provide more income. When anyone captures a new fief in a war, go around chatting with other lords, you get an option to see who they support for the new fief. Also let your king know that you want the new fief etc.
    As for the lady, go around and find some troubadours (and their counterparts for different kingdoms) and learn poems from them. Next time you meet her recite them for her. Once relationship reaches 100 you can marry her and make her your minister.

Remember to talk to every Lord that was involved in a battle with you, you get a small increase to relations with them, if a Lord is having a feast, pop in and talk to the host, you get a small boost for that too. Fiefs are given out based on your Renown and relationship with the King, once you become a Lord it's harder to get quests for relations, so you need to boost this as much as possible during the merc stage. Since you're playing vanilla, I guess the next stage is to look around for a weakly defended castle and take it yourself, then ask the King for it, I've never been turned down in that situation.

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Also I have a lady over 20 and nothing ever happens there either.
    Many have been plagued by this problem and found no relief.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Quote Originally Posted by Voigtkampf View Post
    Many have been plagued by this problem and found no relief.
    ZING!
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

damn i loved this game havent played in a year and now im tempted.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Me too now that te Last Days are out

Hats off to Veho Nex for sending me prophecy of pendor while I was in afghanistan
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

I started playing Floris. God this is difficult. And the lord I'm serving under keeps getting us beaten, which is annoying because I get captured and he doesn't, forcing me to go all the way back to his castle. He did get captured one time though, and I had to do a jailbreak to free him, which was really cool.

One thing I wish was in this game was a shield bash. It seems impossible to me to get somebody off of me that keeps attacking while I have my shield up. It's just blocking until my shield breaks really. The kick is so limited in range and aim that it's near useless, if we had a shield bash to knock back and maybe stun them for a second it would make infantry combat a lot more fun IMO. Then again, I'm pretty bad at infantry combat (not terrible, I still do well in battles, but in multiplayer especially I could be a lot better).
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

The way see it infantry combat is supposed to be just as grueling. The foot soldier's life was always far tougher than that of the mounted soldier, and the risk of a sudden death was far greater. There was no charging the enemies and knocking them down, each foe had to be met individually, and if one got too far ahead in the foray and some enemy got behind you, then the end must have come quickly.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is that foot kick. But I can't remember whether it was possible to use it when you protected yourself with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    There is that foot kick. But I can't remember whether it was possible to use it when you protected yourself with a shield.
    I believe you swing your arms out when you do it, in which case it wouldn't be. But it's so short range and so ineffective 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian to the Iron View Post
    I started playing Floris. God this is difficult.
    Nearly all mods seem to be stupidly difficult which is why I've mostly stayed away. And I don't mean so hard that I can't take it, but literally hard in the way that is stupid. Mostly in the form of extremely powerful and abundant bandits in the early game. I wouldn't be surprised if these mods required you to carefully min-max your character skills in order to have a change of survival late game. Such pressure at all times isn't fun to me.

I'd love some mods that just add content and don't fiddle with game balance.

The problem is that once you play the game for a decent length of time, it becomes pointlessly easy. Some mods do have difficulty for the sake of difficulty though, and don't fix what many people consider poor game mechanics because it would "make the game easier". I do agree that simply adding a load more enemies is just lazy design, Prophesy of Pendor is a good example of a mod that doesn't go this route. Yes, it does have huge armies, but you don't have to face them at low level. It still has groups of 3-6 level 1 looters, though they are tougher than native's, possessing some proper weapons and not just rocks and sticks. Personally I think Pendor is better balanced than native, there is a challenge to be had whatever your level, whatever your skill. Though their refusal to implement pre-battle orders does annoy me, especially in those forest battles with tiny maps, where the enemy cavalry reaches you before you can get your troops sorted. Difficulty for the sake of it, like I mentioned earlier.

The only thing that I dont really like about M&B is that late game it gets very easy, even with the P&P mod. In my last game in P&P I had an army of 400. Crushed every army who opposed me. Besides the Noldor and those massive Jatu armies, but besides that, the game was pretty dull. I would defeat multiple enemy armies of around 150, then I would be patrolling, and find a multitude of 50 men armies spread across the area. Too easy! I wish a system could be put in place that enabled the AI to make larger armies faster.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    The only thing that I dont really like about M&B is that late game it gets very easy, even with the P&P mod. In my last game in P&P I had an army of 400. Crushed every army who opposed me. Besides the Noldor and those massive Jatu armies, but besides that, the game was pretty dull. I would defeat multiple enemy armies of around 150, then I would be patrolling, and find a multitude of 50 men armies spread across the area. Too easy! I wish a system could be put in place that enabled the AI to make larger armies faster.
    That sounds like something that could actually be edited fairly simply in the .txt files. I no longer remember where or what to edit, but I'm sure you could find the original taleworlds thread and edit it yourself to give lords larger armies.

Yay! I finally got enough votes amongst my fellow Noyan to grant me a castle. Jemeyyed castle which is perfect. Close to home. And then we make peace with the Saracens about 4 hours game time later. It even comes with a massive garrison.

So happy right now.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

Now secede and start Graphicphalia.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Makes me tempted to give this a whirl. What mods do you recommend? It looks like Pendor is one to look out for.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

You should definitely try Pendor, as well as being a challenge, it is one of the most polished mods I've ever played. I have linked the latest release further up the page, in the unlikely event that you read this.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    You should definitely try Pendor, as well as being a challenge, it is one of the most polished mods I've ever played. I have linked the latest release further up the page, in the unlikely event that you read this.
    I have read this. Will download it tomorrow.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Floris is getting funner. I made it to rank 5 cavalry in a Swadian lords army, but since Swadia is going to cease to exist soon I decided to jump ship (I deserted because, despite the relationship hit, the equipment was too good to give up) to the Sarranids (they've been my favorite since Warband's release and have a lot of territory, unlike the Swadians who at this point have no towns and only a couple castles). Only thing I don't like about the rank system in Floris is that despite me riding into camp with an armored horse, a full helm, with plate armor (I think...it has over 50 body armor points in any case) and metal boots, I start off at the bottom of the chain again. Which will be only temporary of course, but it is still a setback and it'd be nice if there was a way the new lord could consider at least starting me off as elite infantry or a low-level cavalry.

Also, does anyone know why I would have a penalty to my riding skill? my agility is 16, but my riding skill number is highlighted red and I can't advance it to 5. It did the same thing when my agility was 12 until I got it to 15, at which point I could advance my riding skill to 4. Help?

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast