Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
Results 2,911 to 2,926 of 2926

Thread: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

I might actually be able to play it via Geforce Now, but Im not sure if my connection is fast enough to allow for smooth playing.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Friend 1 - Bannerlord
    Friend 2 - Bannerlord
    Friend 3 - Bannerlord
    Friend 4 - Bannerlord
    Friend 5 - Bannerlord
    Friend 6 - Bannerlord
    Friend 7 - Bannerlord
    Hooahguy - Warband

Well, thing is, a lot of people are staying put on Bannerlord because of many bugs. Waiting for the patches.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

So anyways, I started blasting... with arrows in Bannerlord. Played the first few hours, won a tournament, did some merchant activities, quests and the like, really enjoying it.

However it's quite harder to raise money now than in Warband.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    So anyways, I started blasting... with arrows in Bannerlord. Played the first few hours, won a tournament, did some merchant activities, quests and the like, really enjoying it.

However it's quite harder to raise money now than in Warband.
    I disagree slightly in overall costs. But items are very expensive, especially bows, but outside of this, it isn't too bad. There is a snowball effect where once you get going, the money starts to flow. There was a rather amusing game bug when it came to fief trading too (which has been fixed). Where you can could buy an entire kingdom for a horse.

I do now also have mods which make some of this aspect easier for me (such as autotrader) and I got BannerlordsTweaks and others which can have some compounding effects which makes it easier.

But the big money maker for me when I first started playing was going as a Mercenary, make all my units archers (or horse archers). These typically got more bang for buck, netting me prisoners which you can ransom off for a lot of money. With mercenary, you also got money for influence gained. So early game, pretty much sitting in a large area as they stomp things and I leeched money. When I got rank 2, turn myself into a vassal and I usually got a city or so early on via a vote. Once you got making good money, you can make wise investments into workshops too. Soon, you end up with a nice passive tick of income rolling you over which can be used to make investments and profits.
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-15-2020 at 20:10.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

The big money comes from mercenary work, with about 40 cavalry you can take on merchant caravans for cash and raid enemy villiages for higher tier units, once you get a good enough army to comfortably smash individual lords the loot and ransoms can run up to 40K a go.

Bucellarii and vlandian light cav make a rather nice combo and they are upgradeable from recruits so you can get a lot of them, though the bucellarii can get expensive with both the requisite warhorses and their high upkeep, they are very versatile though.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-17-2020 at 08:36.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

I found the multistrike mod and now I spend my time swinging the biggest blade on a stick I can forge into the back of shield walls.

Thinking of changing the clan name to "reaperman"
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I got a caravan and 2 workshops in Quyaz but still losing money.

Proud

Been to:

Blog Entries

Yeah the economy is pretty buggy at the moment, trading yourself works fairly well but caravans are very hit and miss, not helped late game when you go to war and your caravans become targets for enemy stacks.

Also the upkeep of units is quite high, I have a team of experienced warriors and they're about 45 at the moment - 400 gold per day upkeep is quite a lot.

Proud

Been to:

Blog Entries

Hence the mercenary work, as a mercenary any influence you earn gives you a payout each day, as long as you take action against the enemy even if it is minor like caravan raids or villiager coercion your upkeep will be balanced. Beating up the millitia to recruit higher than average units can help you maintain your numbers without resorting to raw recruits and with enough renown you can turn that merc contract into a vassalage, after which a fiefdom with income will be forthcoming, assuming you can keep your faction from imploding.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-19-2020 at 13:26.

And as if it knew, my daily income has soared to over 700 per day. I added another caravan, making in excess of 1000.

Proud

Been to:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261...62823033752722

One of the major patches in the latest period, M&B Bannerlord 1.4.0.

I stopped playing for a while to let the patches catch up with the game, had some significant memory lags all of a sudden.

Proud

Been to:

Since the Steam Summer Sale is on, you can grab great discounts for all M&B games - and this includes Bannerlord as well.

So I've played a bit recently of Mount & Blade Bannerlord, mainly to "update" my save game to the newest modules and to make sure there are no issues with save game validity.

In a nutshell, the diplomacy improvements are very welcome, finally no more endless wars. Also, you have a significant say in them if you are a vassal, so that's a good point forward. Moreso, they balanced out the money making because it got to ridiculous levels and you had too much money in game.

Proud

Been to:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Sigificant updates for Bannerlord.

Proud

Been to:

Member thankful for this post:

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798