Thread: Some Questions about error checking?

Question Some Questions about error checking?

Hi all,
    I ran the game from a short-cut and used "show_err" command after the route. I closed down the game and got the error message. How can i search the a specific line in a text (notepad) document?

Also, I am new to the forum and i was wondering how you add a personal image to your profile?

Any help would be great, Thanks!

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Default Re: Some Questions about error checking?

For the former, you'll have to use a better text editor. I happen to use TextPad, largely because it ranked high on Google. Doubtless others have other preferences.

As for the latter, the Guild does not presently allow custom avatars. This may change in the near future.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Question Re: Some Questions about error checking?

Thanks!
    I have just completed adding a new island/province to the campaign map and updated all files (according to tutorial). I used the "show_err" command and it says "you have chosen an invalid tile(0,0) for the settlement........". I have tried editing map_regions to reposition the black dot for the settlement several times but i still get the same error message!

Is there anything you could suggest?

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Quote Originally Posted by thecrusader
    Thanks!
    I have just completed adding a new island/province to the campaign map and updated all files (according to tutorial). I used the "show_err" command and it says "you have chosen an invalid tile(0,0) for the settlement........". I have tried editing map_regions to reposition the black dot for the settlement several times but i still get the same error message!

Is there anything you could suggest?
    If the message gives you no name for the settlement, it is possible that some pixel remains with a color different from those defined in descr_regions.txt. The game identifies this pixel as a new region.
    Check the whole map to find the lost pixel.

Or alternatively take the latest working version and repeat the process. Sometimes it works.
    Good luck.

arrgghhhhh its the bane of all camp map editors i had the same problems with my map and could not for the life of me figure out wot was wrong. so i gave up and reverted to the last working version. this is ur best bet. make sure u keep lots backups of ur work and only do small bits at a time.
    oh and welcome to the guild
    cheers knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

You can also search for a specific line in a text document by copying and pasting it into excel.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out