Thread: Drums and trumpets

Angry Drums and trumpets

Roman army used to have drums and trumpets in order to march ordinately into battle. It would be a great thing if a modder introduced them in the game!

What do you think about it?

Default Re: Drums and trumpets

As this thread is not a mod in development it has been moved from the Forge to the General forum. Henrylet please check your PMs.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea to me, I know a few mods that have used drums so maybe you could ask their teams for the model and animation (NTW and Ogniem i Mieczem for example) and then get someone to reskin the model into the Roman era. Hasn't one of the big mods done this already? Don't know about trumpets though

Exclamation Re: Drums and trumpets

I don't think any of the major mods in development have decided to include major-drums and trumps to the Roman Army! It would be really cool to hear the sounds of the drums and the trumpets while the army advances on the battle field! It would be more epic for the game play

Frustrated would-be modder Member vastator's Avatar

The Romans certainly used horns and trumpets for military signals, but I seem to recall reading there's no evidence of drums being used in the army.