Thread: Yelling/Charing sound affect ready for download (w/ instructions)

okay guys i just made an AWESOME sound affect for yas. I always thought that when your army is charging your troops should be yelling. usually if armies are charing at each other they yell.. i mean why not? they are yelling to get pumped/siked/ready and get that adrenaline flowing... and also because they're charging straight at thousands of ppl that have one mission: KILL YOU AND YOU ARMY

i can't figure out how to set up a download link, so if you want the file just say so and i'll send it to you. If i can figure out how to include instructions w/ it like in a zip file i will but until then i'll just post the instructions here:

1.) save the file to your harddrive (somewhere you can easily find and access it)

2.) open My Computer: C:\Program Files\Total War\Shogun - Total War\Sounds\Battle\Troops

3.)place the file in this folder (its easy jsut to scroll through the sound files until you find inf_charge_lrg and place the file on top of it (because the file you download will have the same name)

4.) place shogun and enjoy

can you email it to me at kliffemall@hotmail.com

If you can, put the title as "shogun charge sound" or something like that, since I get around 20 emails a day I usually delete most without reading. Can't wait to hear it!
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

i'm gonna try recording the a clip from braveheart where the armies are charging eachother and i'll get them yelling. Than i'll blend that with the inf_charge_lrg sound effect and it'll probably be better. I'll probably have that done by tonight. I'm gonna try it now and than i'll find tune it. Check back in a couple hours and it'll probably be up and ready

make sure you include your email so i can send it to you

post comments when after you try it out

and oh yea one other thing. make sure you know this before you get frustrated and decide that it didn't work

***it only works when most of your army (or a large ammount of troops are 'marching quickly' other wise it keeps the regular sound.

this happens b/c there is an inf_fast_sml, inf_fast_lrg, mediums and smls and mediums for charging and also walking. so if you could catch that.. you should be able to understand why it doesn't always happen

okay well the braveheart recordings came out really poorly. i'm gonna try and find some off the net. when i recorded them from my tape it sounded really bad. you could hear static stuff in the backround and a humming sound and than you had to turn the sound up high to hear the actual clip form the movie that i wanted to be heard.

if anyone knows a link to a websight where i can get sound effects for an army yelling while they carge please post

Actually I've been looking for some, so I'll tell u if I find any.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.