Thread: Diplomatic penalties

Default Diplomatic penalties

Are there any penalties for constantly breaking alliances or going to war?

Example:

If on turn 1, I make an alliance with a faction

Then on turn 2, declare war on that same faction

Turn 3, make a ceasefire

Turn 4, alliance

Turn 5, declare war

Repeat as many times as you want, is there any penalty I would receive, ie, being an untrustworthy faction that everyone would hate?

This has probably been covered here but I am a noobie to this forum and can't seem to find a search forum link.

Thanks.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: Diplomatic penalties

well there could be a penalty , but I don't know of one such penalty .
    You should really check the Diplomacy guide ( stickied right here in the Colosseum )
    In that guide a penalty system is mentioned , however I don't remember what it is , and I certainly have never seen a AI diplomatic decision based upon how you acted toward them in the past.

So check the guide

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

there's no real penalty, but your creditability goes down. if you do it to often in a short period, nobody will trust you. this way easy alliances are gone for atleast 50 years.

We do not sow.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

btw welcome to the guild

We do not sow.

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome mat. Love the game and am looking forward to playing it more.

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

Why would you want that? It's a waste of time clicking. Only do so if you can milk some cash out of that faction.

Credibility will indeed go down but it matters little. On VH level, your credibility is low anyhow. Just killing them is frequently superior.

What concerned me was the flippant way the AI treats alliances. They seem to break them at the drop of a hat. I never seem to be able to stay at peace. I have an alliance with someone, then without warning they attack me, I conquer them, only to have my next "friend" break our alliance in a similar manner and the whole cycle repeats. Arguably, I am the "friendliest" faction in the game, having never broke an alliance, but I kick the crap out of whoever attacks me. I am guessing that the very reason my faction (Julii) have grown territorially in this manner, makes me a threatening ally and therefore my allies keep declaring war on me. If thats the way the game plays, so be it. Seems alliances aren't really worth the papyrus they are written on.