Thread: descr_model_battle.txt

Default descr_model_battle.txt

HELP! A sort of Newbie question!

I think my “descr_model_battle.txt” reached the limit. So I want to delete some models in the file, but when I delete an unused model the game CTD.

I would like to get rid of the models of the arcani, cheat oliphants, screeching women, druids, bersekers, amazons…

Probably I must delete something in other file!!!!

Can someone give me a clue…
    Um dia destes mudo a minha assinatura!

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Re: descr_model_battle.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Tulius Hostilius
    HELP! A sort of Newbie question!

I think my “descr_model_battle.txt” reached the limit. So I want to delete some models in the file, but when I delete an unused model the game CTD.

I would like to get rid of the models of the arcani, cheat oliphants, screeching women, druids, bersekers, amazons…

Probably I must delete something in other file!!!!

Can someone give me a clue…
    It seems to me that our lifes are in parallel.

We arrived to the same problem in Iberia TW. What I did? I deleted all the unused units in export_descr_units. Be careful they are not included in mercenaries or rebels, or they are not included in export_descr_buildings (amazons are). I had to delete all the unused rebels for our new campaign (in descr_rebels), and most egyptian and eastern models disappeared. Then, I deleted the corresponding models in descr_model_battle and I tried the game. If it works... everything is ok.

I hope it is clear enough. If not... I will explain in detail in my next post.

Good luck!

By now I have already deleted a few models.

But I still have problems with the amazons and the cheat_oliphants (Yubtseb) not only in the “descr_model_battle.txt”, but also in the “export_descr_units”.

I think I understood everything that you said… I will try it…

And what about the peasants… there are a lot of models… and the civilians (males and females) did you already tried to delete them?

¡Arriba Iberia!
    Gracias/Obrigado

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

By now I have already deleted a few models.

But I still have problems with the amazons and the cheat_oliphants (Yubtseb) not only in the “descr_model_battle.txt”, but also in the “export_descr_units”.
    Regarding oliphants, I deleted the unit, but not the mount. If you want to delete a mount, you must also delete it at least in descr_mount.txt. In view of that I didn't delete any mount.
    With amazons, you must also delete them in descr_mercenaries (all of them, in all the campaigns) and in export_descr_buildings, as they can be recruited by slaves with one building (I don't remember which). If you don't do that, the game reads those files and try to find all the units and models before loading, giving an error.

And what about the peasants… there are a lot of models… and the civilians (males and females) did you already tried to delete them?
    I've deleted east and egyptian peasants. This is possible because I eliminated peasants as recruitable units and those peasants don't appear either as rebels (ours is a "western" mod ). The others are still present because they are included in the rebel armies. (it seemed accurate to me that a revolt would be full of unhappy peasants)
    I'm not sure if the missing eastern civ peasants will create some problem, as we are using two east factions (armenia and pontus) as base for iberian factions. For the moment I can play the campaign without problems, but perhaps I am using (due to my PC) very low preferences.

Amazon chariots out... so far so good!