Thread: exploration games

Default exploration games

is there a genre out there that specifically tailors to exploring new lands/ planets etc?

i've always found the exploration phase of the civ games to be the most exciting and i get bored later on when cultures begin to modernize and its just conflict between cultures. same with space conquest games. are there games where the primary goal is exploration?
    indeed

Default Re: exploration games

Alpha centauri(sp?)

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Ha! I wish there were more games like that!! If there were, i certainly wouldn't be playing the TW games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    Ha! I wish there were more games like that!!
    Me too.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nokhor
    is there a genre out there that specifically tailors to exploring new lands/ planets etc?

i've always found the exploration phase of the civ games to be the most exciting and i get bored later on when cultures begin to modernize and its just conflict between cultures. same with space conquest games. are there games where the primary goal is exploration?
    Outcast if you can find it! It is not really about exploration, but it is huge and immensily satisfying.