Thread: Frontroom Policy

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Post Frontroom Policy

It appears that some of our patrons have decided that 'off-topic' means 'Spam subforum'. As this is not acceptable, I have decided to lay down some ground rules about spam in this forum.

1-There are several constructive threads which you can use to increase your post count. Tell people what music you're listening too, or what you're eating. Add to the One Word Story. Post some babes. This is fun-it is interesting for other people to read, and ensures a high post turnover, if that's what you're going for.

2-All other nonsense spam threads will be closed. Similarly, all nosense spam posts in other topics will be deleted, at my discretion.

Prompted by events during my absence, I'm am now going to pursue this program ruthlessly So stop spamming. Please.

[ Threads merged and titled amended - Sec ]
    Last edited by Secura; 08-08-2011 at 11:20.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Member thankful for this post:

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Default Re: BKS's Frontroom Spam Policy

Me and Beirut have been noticing a rise in bad language in the Frontroom recently. I would like to remind all patrons that this is against the forum rules and, I feel adds nothing to discussion. The moderating team will therefore be vigilantly editing out swear-words from now on. Please use your common sense when posting.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Re: BKS's Frontroom Spam and Swearing Policy-new info, please read

The "Purpose of this forum" thread is being removed, but with respects to A.Saturnus we are keeping his original post from 05-08-2004 and posting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Saturnus
    This is an off-topic forum for lighter topics only. That means certainly no politics. Anything that is suspect to lead to heated discussions does not belong here and will be moved or may even be closed or deleted.
    The reason we have this forum is to take away the heat from the Tavern. And we will make sure that happens. Since this is a place for recreation, offensive posting will be seen especially serious.
    We should all reflect for a moment on the necessity of this place. It seems that the discussions in the Tavern regularly turn so aggressive that some members decide to avoid the Tavern entirely. I find this strange. I never had the impression that getting personal helps you in any way. If you reach a point where contentfull argumentation doesn´t do it anymore, why not simply stop? I don´t claim that my posts are always free from passion and rage, but if I say things that are inappropriate, I have no problem in saying that I´m sorry. Even when I think what I said was true.
    Creating this light topic forum is a way to deal with the problem of heated discussions in the Tavern. But it´s surely not a final solution. The solution cannot come from the Moderators. It must come from the people that post in the Tavern. If you enjoy the discussions in the Tavern, help keeping it a fun place.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Default Interpersonal relationship requirements in the Frontroom. Disregard at your own peril

The staff and I have been discussing the increase of vulgarity and incivility between members in the Frontroom of late. Our conclusion: We don't like it.

Those who continue to engage in hostile personality conflicts, locker-room vulgarity, spam, and any other postings that staff determines as UnFrontroom in nature or intent will be dealt with ruthlessly. Repeat offenders, you know who you are, will find themselves on the "outside looking in".
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*