Thread: The Swiss

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Default The Swiss

I have just modded the game since I wanted to play the Swiss. I gave myself Burgundy too make life just a little bit easier, since whenIi just had Switzerland I totally failed. This time however, I quickly built up an army (depleting my treasury in the process) and invaded France. I took Ile-de-France, Anjou and Normandy without a single battle. Then the remainding provinces split under a civil war, with the loyalist provinces being invaded by the English. Within 5 five years France existed no more, only controlled by rebels and the English. The English were then kicked out by a rebellion, which then caused a civil war. I took Brittany, Flanders, Provence, Toulouse, Champagne, Wessex, Mercia and Northumbria with very minimal losses. So within 15 years I went from a little two-province state to the dominant power in Western Europe, all with only fighting a few skirmishes. Has this happened to anyone else?
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Default Re: The Swiss

No, but congratulations anyway. By 15 years, my nation is usually only just getting out of bed, the lazy sods!
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Well you did give yourself an extra province at the start so I have to say you made it easy for yourself.

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

True
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

The Swiss are a good faction if you can get the ball rolling. They are one of the three anti-Cathy factions(The Swiss, the English, and the Turkish) in the game as they have great halberdiers. You can do a real number on the French(CKs), Spanish(Lancers, Germadanes), Italian(Gothics), and HRE main battle armies(Gothics).
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009