Thread: roman captain

Default roman captain

it is possible to modify the model of the roman captain in way ke comes represented with the toga senatorial over the armor? in practical making so that it is similar the tribunes of the reublicane legions, which were all coming from the senatoria class and carried toga the broadside of porpora

sorry for my english
    MORIBUS ANTIQUIS RES STAT ROMANA VIRISQUE

Not Just A Name; A Way Of Life Member Sarcasm's Avatar

Default Re: roman captain

Sure, if you have the skinning and modelling skills.

If you're talking about EB, I don't know how this will be treated, though recently PROMETHEUS has done a few *amazing* roman troops.

And I don't usually like romans!

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

-- Oscar Wilde

Egomaniac sexpert Member Dux Corvanus's Avatar

Toga was a class-defining cloth that was usually wore in public environments, and more specifically in all events that required social relationship and/or political discussion. It was very uncomfortable to wear and complicated to arrange, so it was very unfit for war and work. As centuries passed, Roman patricians reserved it for the most formal and solemn occasions, using more comfortable clothes for anything else.

I doubt they ever carried this expensive piece of cloth to battlefield, where it would convert into a dangerous nuisance and would make his owner look a pretentious stupid.

Toga is for the Senate, the Circus and the Forum. To have it in the battlefield is pointless, like having Schwarzkopf dressed in a smoking in the Gulf War battles.

Dungalloigh Brehonda Member Ranika's Avatar

The concept of the 'toga' is pretty common; many cultures had a similar class-defining robe, but they were all generally too limiting of movement to be intentionally worn to a fight. They're meant to make one look prestigous and powerful, not necessarily made with freedom and ease of movement in mind. Even in instances that they were (British Celt Croidea robes, for example) sometimes worn to battle, they often were worn under other accoutrements (in this case, loose fitting trousers and sashes) to eliminate their interference, and essentially hid them from sight anyway. The toga, as far as I know, never even made it that far into a fight.
    Ní dheachaigh fial ariamh go hIfreann.