Thread: Units

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Units

This is a temporary thread for the discussion of units. When we make more progress on the tech tree lists we'll probably need to make one units thread per faction.

NOTE! This thread is not about discussing WHICH units should be included. That is discussed in the tech trees thread. This thread is for discussing looks, armament etc. of the units that we've already decided to include. A thread for discussing work in progress as well as finished units.

Some notes:
    - The warcry ability will not be used for any units. We'll use a different method for modelling a warcry before running into battle
    - Skins should be made to look realistic first, and colors needed to recognize faction should be added on shields or elsewhere where they don't affect the look of the warrior itself too much, when possible.
    - Peasant and militia should usually stick to dirty or simple clothing with little other colors than offwhite, grey and brown etc. Richer troops such as royal, non-feudal troops, byzantine tagmata, jarl's hirds etc. will, when historically accurate have more colorful clothing. In those cases the faction color can be used also on the clothing.
    - For units without shields we'll have to find a clever way of including the faction color without changing the skin too much. Perhaps by only adding a slight trace of the faction color to the skin.
    - Faction colors are still being discussed in the faction symbols thread. I guess no skins here can be totally completed until that discussion has been completed so we know what colors to add to the skin.
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 12-16-2005 at 13:15.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Default Re: Units

said this before on the original thread, dumnonian cavalry!!!!! with scale armour and excellent saxon killing capabilities btw congrats on getting in the hosted mods thing
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Justaquestion to the creators, What units have you got for the Welsh? Just thought i could help in some way with the list if i know what you have already got. Thanks

Skeletors Skins..

Will be updated.

Age of vikings and fanatics: Total War

Arbeit macht fleisch Member ScionTheWorm's Avatar

Ok here is some units, just to get started. Please correct me.

Norway:
    - Bondi
    - Karl
    - Geirrmen
    - Landsmen
    - Berserkers
    - Huskarl
    - Archers
    - Raiders
    - Hird
    - Jomsviking
    - Birkebeiner (english..?)

Saxons:
    - Spearmen
    - Armoured Spearmen
    - Warband
    - Light Cavalry
    - Skirmishers

Welsh:
    - Longbowmen
    - Cavalry
    - Swordsmen
    - Skirmishers

France:
    - Spearmen (light, armoured)
    - Light, heavy cavalry
    - Skirmishers

Magyar
    - Light archers
    - Horsemen
    - Lancers
    - Swordmen
    - Szekely
    - Heavy Infantry

Should Jomsvikings actually be a unit? It's not like there were that many of them...