Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Units

Default Re: Units

Should Jomsvikings actually be a unit? It's not like there were that many of them...

Maybe as mercenarys? Well I don't know, I'm no researcher. As I said, correct me.
    Is it possible to localize units (making them only trainable in one region f. ex)?
    If so, why not make jomsvikings only trainable in Jomsborg if there is a plan for such a province. Or they could perhaps be available as mercenaries across the Scandinavian provinces...

hey guys has anyone done anywork on the norman faction? if not i would like a go at them. let me know

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

No, we have only made one skin or so for the normans, and I don't know if we received the model and skin from Scion, who made them. So I think I can say that you're free to start working on the normans, but please wait with any skinning until I've posted their army list in the latest army list thread.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

cool, can do

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

this is some almoravides units
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hobby.one4/Almoravides.htm
    if some one want add almoravide faction or add some almoravide unit

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Maybe we can. I need to talk to Legio about changing/including another faction.

Oh, and nice avatar Legio
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Maybe we can. I need to talk to Legio about changing/including another faction.
    Since the almoravids essentially took over the Corduba Emirate/Corduba Caliphate/Al-Andalus, our approach was to make the almoravids a scripted events, so that the Al-Andalus faction later "becomes" the almoravids, unlocking some almoravid units in the late game. But seeing as nobody has a clue about Great Moravia in any way, I might consider switching the Great Moravia faction into something else... But then the Seldjuks or the Fatimids would perhaps be the most logical choice... I don't know really, I'm hoping that it'll be possible to find research stuff about Great Moravia.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Oh, and nice avatar Legio
    Thank you
    Under construction...

i think the fatimides would be perhaps the logical choice because they are shiite
    and we have two sunnite muslim power(al andalus and abbassides) and the dominance of the fatimides is: north affica, egypt and palestine and syria.and they ruled bagdad i think for 1 year.after the seljuks come they restore the abbassides khilafat.
    i think 2 muslim faction is very few for this mod.

Yes, the rationale behind Great Moravia was that it would be a good buffer against too strong Eastern Frankish expansion. Fatimids sounds good, but it also depends a little on whether we can enough research for them, and there are also a few annoying things about factions that are supposed to appear by script.
    Under construction...

i hope that fatimides appear in this mod,if you wan historic research i will post some web site who are talking about them.i know that the armies fatimides have a lot of berber soldier when the capital was almahdiya(in tunisia) but after when they go to egypt they recruits some armenians mercainaries one of them was the grand vizier 'al afdal al jamali' and some bedouin and arabs.

It's a bit difficult. We need to make up our mind. Choose:

-Almoravids
    -Great Moravia
    -Fatimids

But, for Great Moravia we didn't get much info. And we have the Abbasid Caliphate. Why do we need Fatimids?!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I vote for the fatimids, they're a good match for the Abbassids and represent how the Abbassids lost power when the big kaliphate split up more. Almoravids would just be the same as Al-Andalus - historically the leader of Al-Andalus invited the Almoravids to invade his domains and then take over the fighting against the Christians in the Iberian peninsula. This invasion took only a few years, so it's basically the same as Al-Andalus being transformed into the Almoravids faction if we just put a small script and an event explaining it, and unlocking berber units for Al-Andalus after a few years of economical penalties when the "invasion" happens. With fatimids we'd get a faction which isn't the same as another and that is transformed in that same way.
    Under construction...

Legio, anybody alive? I need know some things.

I think every faction need a general, a lesser general, a bodyguard and a standard bearer, or captain, or musicist, or what else is name.

Let me know about it, and i will do them.

I dunno also what think about those leather armored archer i posted.

Need some feedback, thank.

Everybody is alive Palissa.

Every faction needs: A General, A Standard Bearer and a Captain.
    Ok, I'll check your thread and post some feedback.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by palissa
    I think every faction need a general, a lesser general, a bodyguard and a standard bearer, or captain, or musicist, or what else is name.
    I think we can use normal units for general and lesser general so no need to do extra units.

Quote Originally Posted by palissa
    I dunno also what think about those leather armored archer i posted.

Need some feedback, thank.
    Hm I'm sorry but where did u post it? I haven't seen it, I must have missed it.
    Under construction...

I think fatimites, Great Moravia, seljucids and almoravids should be at game (damn CA that limits number of factions).

Almoravids are quite different, mainly in troops, to Al-Andalus faction. I accept present them at un-locked new units if there is not other solution, but definitely Al Andalus and almoravids are not the same.

Default Re : Re: Units

i find some thing importants about almoravides,that all units of the almoravides must hide there face(not andalucians units or volentiers) because there are from sahara like touaregs,and i find in a spanish source that the spanish and andalucians call ed youssef ibn tashafine Emir el moulathamine,molathamine in arabic is a person how hide his face.

the unit list of the almoravides:
    the number of infantry units of the almoravides must be hight because the almoravides like fighting on foot,and in there battle they use infantry more than horses add to that they are very desciplined like roman legion,they use also camels.

1-the lamtuna:heavy spearmen the rulers of the al moravides were from the tribe of lamtuna.the most loyal and powerfull unit
    of the almoravide.
    heavy spearmen, N: 120, A: strong, C: good, D: strong, W: spear, sword, H: iron, Ar: mailcoat, S: round, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: expensive.Can make shield wall

2-the black guard:
    heavy cavalry (royal bodyguard), N: 60, A: good, C: very good, D: very good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: oval, Mo: excellent, St: good, Co: very expensive.
    i suggest that the number must be hight because,in the battle of zallaqa,the number of black guard was 4000 20% of the army and it's very hight for a personnel guards.and we give the player the possibility to dismount this killers,Can make shield wall if they fight on foot

3-al moravide horsmen:
    medium cavalry, N: 40, A: good, C: very good, D: good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Cost: expensive.

4-al moravide warrior:swordman unit
    T: swordmen infantry, N: 80, A: good, C: strong, D: average, W: sword, H: leather/no, Ar: no, S: oval/bilobed, Mo: very good, St: very good, Co: average. Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan

5-al moravide spearmen:
    T: heavy spearmen, N: 120, A: good, C: good, D: very good, W: spear, sword. H: leather, Ar: leather, S:"your choice ", Mo: good, St: good, Co: quite expensive Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan.

6-berber infantry:
    T: light berber infantry, N: 120, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: average, W: javelin, spear, H: no, Ar: no, S: bilobed, Mo: average, St: averege, Co: cheap.

7-Rumat al-soudan: they are recruited from senegal
    T: Bowmen infantry, N: 80, A: weak, C: average, M: good, D: weak, W:bow, short sword, H: leather, Ar: no, S: oval, Mo: average, St: good. Co: cheap/average.
    8-cammel drummer:extra drummer, scare all enemy units.

9-Andalucians Auxilaries:light infantry, N: 120, A: average, C: average, D: good, W: spear, sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: average, St: average, Co: average. You can use as levies.

10-al moravide camel raiders:bonus againt horses,can rout heavy cavalry,they will probably the most powerfull camel in the game.armed with spear and oval shield.

11-andalucians cavalry:medium cavalry, N: 40, A: good, C: very good, D: good, W: spear, curved sword, H: iron, Ar: mail coat, S: round, Mo: good, St: average, Cost: expensive.
    12-Arab light cavalry: T: light missile cavalry, N: 40, A: average, C: good, M: average, D: average, W: arab bow, curved sword, H: leather, Ar: leather, S: round, Mo: good, St: good. Cost: expensive.
    13-Berber cavalry: T: missile cavalry, N: 60, A: average, C: good, M: excellent, D: average/weak, W: javelin, sabre, H: no, Ar: no/leather, S: oval or bilobed, Mo: good, St: excellent. Co: average
    14-rumat al siniya:like al andalus
    Last edited by almazor; 03-29-2006 at 18:06.

Nice. Can you do it like a tech tree?

Proud

Been to:

i don't now,you can send me an example of tree tech and i will do something

Default Re: Re : Re: Units

The Army lists thread has examples of it. But you don't need to use all the numbers stuff, I can fix that. All you need to write down is which barracks building level they units will appear in. It's supposed to be 4 levels.
    Under construction...

LEVEL1:
    Rumat al-soudan(archer,bow)
    Rumat al siniya(archer,bow)
    Berber cavalry(cavalry,javelin,sabre)
    Arab light cavalry(light missile cavalry,arab bow,curved sword)
    6-berber infantry:(light berber infantry,javelin, spear,)
    LEVEL2:
    Andalucians Auxilaries(light infantry,spear, sword,round shield,You can use as levies.)
    al moravide camel raiders:bonus againt horses,can rout heavy cavalry,they will probably the most powerfull camel in the

game.armed with spear and oval shield.
    andalucians cavalry(medium cavalry, spear, curved sword, mail coat,round shield,expensive)
    LEVEL3:
    the lamtuna(heavy spearmen,spear, sword,round,excellent,expensive.Can make shield wall)Religious boost morale when combat

christian or pagan
    al moravide warrior(swordmen infantry,sword,Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan)
    al moravide horsmen(medium cavalry,spear, curved sword,round shield,expensive)Religious boost morale when combat christian or

pagan
    al moravide spearmen(heavy spearmen,spear, sword,quite expensive)Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan
    LEVEL4:
    the black guard(heavy cavalry (royal bodyguard),spear, curved sword,mail coat)
    Last edited by almazor; 03-29-2006 at 18:05.

Thank you, that looks good
    Under construction...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415