Thread: Building Grand Mosques

Question Building Grand Mosques

This is my first game with the Turks (2nd overall) and I am trying to build Grand Mosques so that I can get the Jannissary units. Currently I only have one province -Edessa- currently building it but I have three others -Rum, Tribizond, and Constantinople- that has the prereqs -Citadel and Mosque- but don't have the option to build it.

I am running the MTW/VI v2.01 and I was just wondering if there can be only one Grand Mosque for the Turks or if I'm doing something wrong. I haven't been able to find anything definitive in the forums but I'm probably missing something. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks

English Nationalist Member GonZ's Avatar

Default Re: Building Grand Mosques

If I remember correctly, you can have only one Grand Mosque.

I know, I know... you want more Jannissary units. We've all been there. Don't worry... one GM will build enough :)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I think you can mod the game to unlock the Grand Mosques so you can build more than 1... ~:D
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

You can also build a Grand Mosque, then build the buildings needed for your Janissaries, then liquidate the GM and build another in a different province, then build the buildings needed for Janissaries there, and repeat this process as much as you like. A bit cheesy but it works.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I think this topic should be moved in the Main Hall at the Medieval forums....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see these Jannissaries that everyone says are so great