Thread: What to do about Egypt?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What to do about Egypt?

So, I started this game up again after I read about Player1's bug fixer mod, and I am playing Egypt on VH/VH right now. What a bloody cakewalk. They have way too many advantages:

#1. They start out with only one hostile neighbor. Now some games the Selecuid's can be a hassle but most you can just destroy them quickly.

#2. Once you build ports/mines, you will be creating gold out of thin air. I feel like Gargamel in The Smurfs. This needs to be lessened as I am building in every province and still have plenty of gold left over.

#3. They grow insanely fast. I do not know why or how they do but they really do have to be stopped from reproducing like bunny rabbits.

Some suggestions for a mod:

#1.Take out mines period.. they already get enough gold from trade.
    #2. Take out some of the tradeable goods from their territories.
    #3. Decrease the size of their cities at the start. This will at least slow them down.

Any other thoughts?

Default Re: What to do about Egypt?

How about just removing thier grain resource? They have 2 which adds about 3% pop growth to most of their starting provinces. Bigger populations means more trade. They are also trade resources so they are getting trade from the grain itself.

I've never tried removing the grain resources from Egypt (never honestly felt a desire to even play Egypt) so I don't know the overall impact this would have on them, however I'd think that it would seriously impact both their population growth and their trade.
    Magnum

I don't like egypt, they are kinda too powerful.
    Lord of Lucius
    No Matter what Pathes You Take All Lead To Death!

Quote Originally Posted by magnum
    How about just removing thier grain resource? They have 2 which adds about 3% pop growth to most of their starting provinces. Bigger populations means more trade. They are also trade resources so they are getting trade from the grain itself.

I've never tried removing the grain resources from Egypt (never honestly felt a desire to even play Egypt) so I don't know the overall impact this would have on them, however I'd think that it would seriously impact both their population growth and their trade.
    Good idea, I will attempt to learn how to do that and see what happens. Will also try with mines in Thebes and without mines. That'll fix em! :)

one question that it is "amazing" regarding Egypt and owning the pyramid ( I don't recall the name of the city itself)....I am playing with July faction and had got this pyramid and from then all my provinces has increase happiness...I mind in all the settlements...well I thought it was going to increase only on the Egypt provinces but it had worked for all...somehow it's a bit wear...or maybe not

Frustrated would-be modder Member vastator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retos_ON
    one question that it is "amazing" regarding Egypt and owning the pyramid ( I don't recall the name of the city itself)....I am playing with July faction and had got this pyramid and from then all my provinces has increase happiness...I mind in all the settlements...well I thought it was going to increase only on the Egypt provinces but it had worked for all...somehow it's a bit wear...or maybe not
    Capturing ANY Wonder gives you a temporary happiness bonus in all settlements. Owning the Great Pyramid means you ignore any culture penalties for being non-Egyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by vastator
    Capturing ANY Wonder gives you a temporary happiness bonus in all settlements. Owning the Great Pyramid means you ignore any culture penalties for being non-Egyptian.
    thanks...i'll keep a look to the temporary happines bonus

Hell, Indiana (Please pardon the redundancy)

Quote Originally Posted by vastator
    If this is true, why do Memphis and Alexandria rebel so quickly even when I own the pyramid?