Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is priceless...

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Default This is priceless...

The U.S. government will refuse to let an entire airplane enter the country if somebody named "Abdulla" happens to be on the manifest, but guys like this are okey-dokey:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...tory/National/

This is my favorite part:

On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canada border crossing at Calais, Me., carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Mr. Despres.
    Then they let him into the United States.
    Well played.
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: This is priceless...

I saw this. I read really carefully cause at first I thought Beirut had decided he'd had enough of all of Kaiser's 'invade Canada' jokes and had launched a pre-emptive strike.

All kidding aside... they removed a bloody chainsaw, a sword, a homemade knife and various other weapons from his possession, then let him on through, despite the fact that he had bloodstains all over his clothes???? Criminy!
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

I like this part myself.

he was arrested on April 27 after police in Massachusetts saw him wandering down a highway in a sweatshirt with red and brown stains.

BTW That picture they showed (of him) was just creepy

Quote Originally Posted by mercian billman
    BTW That picture they showed (of him) was just creepy
    Totally creepy!

I'm still a little freaked out after looking at it...

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

You know what... you can keep him.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Well, actually, get ready for the shocker, he was one of ours to begin with. He was a naturalized American citizen, that's why they had to allow him in and release him, but apparently they did try to find any outstanding warrants on him they could.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

creepy ?? Jason without a mask i would say ...

My Eyes Are So Wide, I Can Place A Dvd In Each One... Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!

Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by UglyandHasty

creepy ?? Jason without a mask i would say ...
    As a "redneck" buddy of mind is fond of saying:

"I don't know what that thing is, but if I saw one on the side of the road, I'd shoot it..."

- TSM

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Wow - my first guess would have been that this story is taken from The Onion

This incident is absolutely absurd.

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

You do know that it was the Canadian government that captured and released the bastard in the first place.
    So, why blame the US government? It makes no sense. This is one of the reasons I don't like canada. They're government is as useless as spy satalites over death valley.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

wait! Sorry, I'm thinking of a similar incident, or maybe it's the same but told differantly, I don't know. But what I heard is some guy was caught by Canadian border police trying to cross the border in a blood soaked shirt with a hatchet and machete, and they fingerprinted him and let him into the US. About 2 days later he was picked up in Alabama, after they discovered the chopped up remains of his neighbor in his fridge.

Why do you hate Freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser of Arabia
    wait! Sorry, I'm thinking of a similar incident, or maybe it's the same but told differantly, I don't know. But what I heard is some guy was caught by Canadian border police trying to cross the border in a blood soaked shirt with a hatchet and machete, and they fingerprinted him and let him into the US. About 2 days later he was picked up in Alabama, after they discovered the chopped up remains of his neighbor in his fridge.
    No, it sounds like you are thinking of the same incident, but have just exchanged the word "American" with "Canadian" to make the story more to your liking.

- TSM

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball
    No, it sounds like you are thinking of the same incident, but have just exchanged the word "American" with "Canadian" to make the story more to your liking.
    It's what I heard today at school anyway, I dunno who to beleive.

Why do you hate Freedom?

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

This is one of the reasons I don't like canada.
    How can you not like Canada? That's like saying you don't like dogs.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    How can you not like Canada? That's like saying you don't like dogs.
    After you burned down the White House (with the aid of Britain) how can I like Canada? I'm not a forgive and forget type of guy.
    And I don't like all dogs. Only Pitbulls, English Bulldogs, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German Shepards.

Why do you hate Freedom?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know about you east coast canadians, but here in Washington we know all (or near enough for all intents and purposes) canadians are terrible drivers. And its even worse when you go into Canada for the day, and they're all around you!.

Canadians as a people don't seem bad (except for a national liberal syndrome) but I just don't want to be on the freeway with one.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

After you burned down the White House (with the aid of Britain) how can I like Canada? I'm not a forgive and forget type of guy.
    And I don't like all dogs. Only Pitbulls, English Bulldogs, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German Shepards.
    Actually the White House was burned by British Troops, I don't believe Canadians were present.

BTW I hate dogs, I'm a cat guy

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by mercian billman
    Actually the White House was burned by British Troops, I don't believe Canadians were present.

BTW I hate dogs, I'm a cat guy
    Funny cause almost everytime I have an argument with a Canadian about who's military is better they bring up that they burnt down the White House. I'm so damn confused!
    BTW Cats are teh shiznit!

Why do you hate Freedom?

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Default Re: !

I like big dogs. Little dogs are just like stupid cats.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Good lord. I would run as far away as I could at the sight of him. I wonder how one gets their hair like that... or why. But then, I am scared of many people with (to me) disturbing haircuts. But most aren't drenched in blood, and carrying chainsaws.

I like cats, but I like dogs. As long as they aren't small. Cause then they are annoying like dogs and barky, but too small to do anything. I like cats more cause they are nice, but you don't have to walk them, and they are a lot more chill than dogs. I really don't like it when my puppies start to bark at every blessed person walking by my house... my cats never bark at people. That's good.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

He resembles a member of System of a Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Yeah, I saw this story too. The customs guys seized his weapons, detained him, checked for warrants on him in both the US and asked the mounties if he had any in Canada. Having no basis to hold him, they kept his weapons and released him.

Then, after he was well on his way the mounties called back and said 'oh wait, that guy is a person of interest in a murder case'. Oops! So US authorities put out a BOLO for him and he was later picked up.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I'd say he looks more like a member of the Misfits. The part I really dislike about the story is how the killing took place in Minto. Of all the people to kill for no reason, he picks the Maritimers. Sometimes, I think we're too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou
    Yeah, I saw this story too. The customs guys seized his weapons, detained him, checked for warrants on him in both the US and asked the mounties if he had any in Canada. Having no basis to hold him, they kept his weapons and released him.

Then, after he was well on his way the mounties called back and said 'oh wait, that guy is a person of interest in a murder case'. Oops! So US authorities put out a BOLO for him and he was later picked up.
    Erm...from the facts(which I gleamed from every news source I came across) it appears that the RCMP did'nt know he was a 'person of interest' until they discovered the 2 murders the following day, after US Border authorities had given him his walking papers the previous day. That was the day he showed up to the border crossing soaked in "blood" and a bag with veritable arsenal inside it.

On being questioned about how this could have happened, Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection had this to say,
    "Being bizarre is not a reason to keep somebody out of this country or lock them up. We're governed by laws and regulations, and he did not violate any regulations,"
    and
    "Our people don't have a crime lab up there. They can't look at a chainsaw and decide if it's blood or rust or red paint,"
    Link

What the hell is going on? I agree with Mr. Anthony, they shouldn't be able to hold him without just cause, but c'mon, they pulled a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood out of his bag. Your right, big friggin' Oops! Cat-The Peace Train-Morning has Broken-Stevens was given a harder time than this guy. If it hadn't been for the 'Oh wait' RCMP and left up to these border agents, he'd still be walking the streets.
    ..::Noobs don't own themselves!::..

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Don't just blame the United States point of entry folks - I have been thru the border several times myself - this guy also walked right by the Canadian Point of Entry border point.

On the day Mr. Despres crossed the border, he was due in a Canadian court to be sentenced on charges of assaulting and threatening to kill Mr. Fulton's son-in-law, Frederick Mowat, last August
    And it would seem that the Canadian Mounties failed to inform the United States Border guards that the guy was wanted in court for a criminal matter.

Some are just to quick to point the blame at the United States - when there are two nations involved in the border crossing points.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGod
    I'd say he looks more like a member of the Misfits. The part I really dislike about the story is how the killing took place in Minto. Of all the people to kill for no reason, he picks the Maritimers. Sometimes, I think we're too nice.
    Yeah he does, Danzig anyone? I was thinking he had the same crazy eyes as the "Runaway Bride", Jennifer Wilbanks.

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

Dammit, I thought I was going to be the one to point out the Misfits thing. I was going to say something like, "I thought Glen Danzig was in California" or something.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    Don't just blame the United States point of entry folks - I have been thru the border several times myself - this guy also walked right by the Canadian Point of Entry border point.
    Oh right, it's Canada's responsibilty now to oversee the US border authorities and who it allows into its borders. C'mon get real.

And it would seem that the Canadian Mounties failed to inform the United States Border guards that the guy was wanted in court for a criminal matter.

Some are just to quick to point the blame at the United States - when there are two nations involved in the border crossing points.
    That is not correct at all. He was charged with uttering death threats and free on bail, i.e. he hadn't been convicted of anything, so there is nothing to report, especially one that, from what I can gather, is considered criminal harassment. As well, I'm not an expert, but I don't think that the US or Canadian Courts report pending lower court cases to the one anothers Border agencies. But even if we suppose that Canadian authorities had been negligent and not informed the US Border Agency, the guy Still showed up, covered in blood, along with a bag of weapons covered in blood and was still allowed into the US. This must trouble you, if the roles were reversed I'd be pissed.
    On a side note, if it hadn't been for a Amercian police woman who put 2 and 2 together, this guy would still be on the loose in the US.

Link

Prematurely Anti-Fascist Senior Member Aurelian's Avatar

My favorite quote:

"Mr. Despres hitchhiked to the border crossing."

Just imagine that scene.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast