Thread: Mount & Blade

Default Mount & Blade

This little gem has been spreading around and i haven't seen it mentioned here. Basically, it's a game developed by two people that is by now very playable. It's an RPG that is very open-ended and is set in a realistic medieval period. None of that magic crap. The combat system is very varied and allows for many roleplaying options including mounted combat. Lances, javelins, big swords, little swords, this game lets you roleplay just about any MTW style unit. Even horse archers. The number of men is scalable, it allows for fairly large battles (certainly nothing close to what total war games allow) and you have some control over you party. I think this game is definitely for anyone who has ever imagined himself as one of those units. The game can be downloaded and played for free until level 6.

Mount & Blade

Default Re: Mount & Blade

Check the Arena Section. It's already there.

edit:
    None of that magic crap.
    Last edited by Quietus; 06-10-2005 at 00:19.

This looks awesome, thanks!

It is awsome. I need to buy it. Infact i might buy it now. Now weres my dads wallet......

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

so frustrating ... I've gotten to the level limit about 6 times now .... wish I could buy it , but I don;t have any money at the moment.
    SO tough luck
    Love the game
    and as Quietus suggested go visit the Arena section of these forums to see a comprehenseve list of what members of the org think of the game , the thread already has more then 2000 views , that is a lot :P go see for your self

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    so frustrating ... I've gotten to the level limit about 6 times now .... wish I could buy it , but I don;t have any money at the moment.
    Dude, it's only $12. You probably have that much between the cushions of your couch...

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

which is what? 10 euros?

cheap deal.
    KZ
    "A positive attitute may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Herm Albright

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball
    Dude, it's only $12. You probably have that much between the cushions of your couch...

yeah I know , but still , I don't usually buy things from my credit card , so I will see.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    so frustrating ... I've gotten to the level limit about 6 times now
    I know I've done the same. I'm not broke right now, but just have no access to a credit card at the moment. My parent's are on vacation and aren't coming back for for a few more days.

I got one character totally set up for me to play though when I do buy it. He has full black armor (helm, bp, greaves) a sniper crossbow, a balanced nordic sword, a great lance, a thick steel shield, and my pride and joy, a Spirited Charger.

I backed-up the save file, so I can play and go around do a couple battles, get to level six and quit. I then just put the backup back in a repeat. There's noting better than taking on river pirates in this setup. Sometimes you can just stand there and get a screen full of "received 0 damage" that's so cool.

Otto - They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing...Oh there they go
    Cool Site

English Nationalist Member GonZ's Avatar

Looks good. Thanks for the post :D

Blog Entries

I bought it a few weeks ago and I am already up to level 22 This is quite an accomplishment, because I rarely have time to play games.