Thread: protectorate becoming one

Default protectorate becoming one

Alright I have almost finish the senate when I offer them to become protectorate which they except. Does this mean I have to give them money? Because over the two turn I have been loosing money.
    Lord of Lucius
    No Matter what Pathes You Take All Lead To Death!

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: protectorate becoming one

are you using the 1.2 patch, if so you will get money from them, hoewver if you are not using the 1.2 patch then the prptectorate issue is still buggy meaning that you pay money to them.
    So if you are using 1.2 they are paying you and it is not the reason you are losing money, check your income and expenses in your factions financial scrole

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Interesting...
    I never seem to get any financial benefits from protectorates.
    Only "stong" alliance and "virtual" provinces for victory conditions.

P.S.
    v1.2 of course...
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

I'm having protectorate weirdness too, except I'm using the 1.2 patch.

On the turn the Senate outlawed me, I was ready and blockaded every single Scipii, Brutii, and Senate port and managed to give the Scipii a severe spanking on the battle field. As a larf I asked them to become a protectorate, and I was shocked when they accepted. I'd pummeled barbarians more severely and they wouldn't crack.

Even weirder, I was still at war with the Scipii and all my blockades were lifted, everywhere after they became my protectorate.

Anybody know what's going on?
    "A well-calculated move straight out of Sun Tzu's classic text The Art of War, or my own masterwork, Zapp Brannigan's Big Book of War."

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

I got ame in one of my old game.
    Near the end of campaign Brutii acceptect the protectorate (I was julii), and we still stayed in war.

Of course, it didn't mattered for me since I aquired 50 provinces and got auto-win.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack