Thread: England beat Australia by 100 runs

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Default England beat Australia by 100 runs

Yes I am not making this up, we have found a form of Cricket that we can win at

Bring it on

International Twenty20 Match: England v Australia
    13-06-2005 at The Rose Bowl
    England beat Australia by 100 runs

England Innings
    179 for 8 (20.0 overs)
    Australia Innings
    79 all out (14.3 overs)
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Default Re: England beat Australia by 100 runs

Lol, yeah. I was just watching it too. I voted Kevin Pieterson for MOM, but that's just my opinion.

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

For me it was a toss up between him and P D Collingwood

I think I learned more for Collingwood, with Pieterson a close 2nd
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

ahhhhhhh, the sweet smell of success.

All that counts though - for me at least - is the ashes, we could lose all these one dayers for the ashes, come on lads!
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

well done

Congratulations. JAG is right htough, it's the ashes where it counts. One dayers and other variations arej ust an interesting sideshow.

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

Oh no, its the same as always. Every time we go into the Ashes we always have this ridiculous air of confidence, only to have it crashed down when it comes to test day.
    I am more confident than I have ever been of an England victory, but I still cannot see them winning the series.

It's still an excellent day out though and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, whether they are a fan of cricket or not. Its a great occassion for a family or a group of lads. On a nice sunny day, it can't be beat. My personal advice would be to get seats as close as possible to the concentration of Australian fans, because this is where the banter is at its best. I have great memories of the test at Trent Bridge last time.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Ah, the Ashes. I'd rather win the Ashes than the world cup, at least, unless and until Australia get any good at football.

And hopefully it will be a contest at the least. And its still on terrestrial TV (though I wish C4 would go back to the BBC Test Match Special music, that will always be the sound of summer for me.)
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Wolf_NimbleNota Member NimbleNota's Avatar

Cricket

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Khalifah
    Oh no, its the same as always. Every time we go into the Ashes we always have this ridiculous air of confidence, only to have it crashed down when it comes to test day.
    I am more confident than I have ever been of an England victory, but I still cannot see them winning the series.
    GAH! I know what you mean. Every time the English team is said to have a real chance of winning it this time, and the Australian lead up makes it look like they have lost their touch... then after the first day of the first test, it becomes obvious that the Australian team have won the series. It makes for dull viewing.
    Actually, it's the same for most series involving the Australian team, I hardly bother watching anymore...

It's still an excellent day out though and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, whether they are a fan of cricket or not. Its a great occassion for a family or a group of lads. On a nice sunny day, it can't be beat. My personal advice would be to get seats as close as possible to the concentration of Australian fans, because this is where the banter is at its best. I have great memories of the test at Trent Bridge last time.
    Bring beer, our banter is best when fueled with cheap beer.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt