Thread: Why are my Kings dieing at such a early age

Default Why are my Kings dieing at such a early age

I`ve been playing MTW for awhile and just picked up VI (yeah I know its late in the game but I was happy with regular MTW). I like most of the added features exept that all my kings bite the dust before the age of 50. It takes 20 years to get a king the way I want him to begin with, and since most of my princes become king at 25+, I only get 3-4 good years. I thought it was a bug at first and downloaded the v2.01 patch, but apparently it came with the game when I bought it. I've never really got into the whole Moding thing, is that the only way I can fix the early grave problem?

Default Re: Why are my Kings dieing at such a early age

Basically it reflects real kings in those time, and kings arnt really important on total war. Just make sure you have plenty of heirs and dont send them in battle and youll be fine. You are really the king, the kings are there to look good and to attack (if they are the enemy).
    An Army Is Only As Strong As Its Weakest Man

(-(-(-(-(-(-(-( Total War Merc )-)-)-)-)-)-)-)

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

I did not have this problem. I have 65+ kings, as well. I believe you were just extremely unlucky with your kings
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

it also depends on what faction.

When i was the english i had 60+ kings, but when i was the turkish my oldest king was 40 (English Rules)
    An Army Is Only As Strong As Its Weakest Man

(-(-(-(-(-(-(-( Total War Merc )-)-)-)-)-)-)-)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Well, there's gotta be a way to mod this stupid thing.

My kings die at 56 years old with the patch!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

Unhappy Re: Why are my Kings dieing at such a early age

I doubt if there is any corelation... I often play the Turks (love horse archer style) and had pretty old kings. Never played the English, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Total War Merc
    it also depends on what faction.

When i was the english i had 60+ kings, but when i was the turkish my oldest king was 40 (English Rules)
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

I don`t care so much about the command rating or anything, its the economic stuff that hurts when my king dies. I can only improve farmland so many times.

If your king is ALWAYS dieing at exactly 56 then I would suggest you didn't get a good install of the 2.01 patch. That was a problem when VI came out but 2.01 did fix it. Watch the other factions and see if their kings are also dieing at 56. If they aren't, you are just unlucky.

I wasn`t even allowed to install the patch, I got a message that said I alread had v2.01. When the game starts v2.01 is in the top left corner, so I don`t know whats going on.

Follow these 2 rules to eliminate the possibility of your lineage being wiped out, without having to keep all of your heirs in King's sitting on their oxes in one province slowly degrading and becomming corrupt.

1: When your king's first son becomes 16, assume that he is the only heir and that all the king's brothers and nephews are just special generals.

2: Never send all your heirs (King's sons) into battle in one year.

It's good to put them in battles to prevent them from being weak Kings when they are crowned and it seems the experience they gain is passed to their children (high command or dread kings have high command and dread princes). However you must keep a minimum of one prince in a safe province at all times to prevent your line being broken. Risk = probability * effects, even if the probability of your prince's death is miniscule, the effect of his death could be you losing the game completely.

Kings in the middle ages were hugely fat and superstitious, they refused to eat vegetables and their doctors would bleed them to death in the belief that they were getting rid of bad blood, they would be lucky to die at the age of 40. I think building a surgeon's college increases the life expectancy of your king up to 60 or something, it seems.

And if all else goes wrong and your king is getting into his late 30's and you still have no sons, use the .unfreeze. cheat (typed in on the campaign map with leading and trailing periods) and you will gain a new son the next year.