Thread: A few question about campaign game

Question A few question about campaign game

I'm currently playing a julii campaign (v 1.2, hard, no mods - except for a little modding I've done myself) and there are a few things that I'm wondering about.

1) My family is having big trouble getting children (especially the Julius-family - which of course is the most important one). The few children they do get are mostly girls (bah!) and they get them in their late 40's. I had the same problem when I played with the scipii; the Scipio-family "died out" after a few generations. I even tried giving them fertility-traits but that only seemed to make things worse.
    Is is possible to change this in some way through modding txt-files? Making the fertile-trait work or changing so that they get their children when in their 20's or 30's?

2) Many ai-faction behaved very strange, especially the other romans. When I've played campaigns earlier the romans are always effective conquerors but this time they didn't do anything for many years. The Scipii apparently ran out of money, standing in carthage with thousands of soldiers but without the money to support them so they kept losing money, and instead of disbanding their armies to get money the did nothing (for about 100 years, then I invaded numidia for them and gave them the settlements - but after that they lost all their money and most settlements again and did nothing). I even gave them some money but the lost it instantly or bought even more troops. By the year 140bc they had conquered only sicily, carthage, cirta and one more settlement (the one south of carthage, t-something)...
    Is there anyway to fix this? Or is it normal behavior for them?

3) Also, this has been a problem ever since I played my first campaign. Ai-faction never destroy temples in settlements the conquer, which is crappy. But I guess there is no way to fix this...?
    Last edited by lysarin; 06-16-2005 at 18:12.
    "Men and guns are fine but give me more tanks!"

Default Re: A few question about campaign game

1. No idea;
    2. I consider it to be a bug of some kind , had this even when played non-romans;
    3. As far as I know there is no way to fix it.

I think daughters are better than sons

When you have a son you are stuck with him, if hes great fantastic! if hes a bum your stuck with him!

With daughters you can turn away any clown who tries to marry her and only let her marry someone with a little quality

Quote Originally Posted by Mahrabals apprentice
    I think daughters are better than sons

When you have a son you are stuck with him, if hes great fantastic! if hes a bum your stuck with him!

With daughters you can turn away any clown who tries to marry her and only let her marry someone with a little quality

True, but I've done some modding and made sons a little better, plus I want the original name (Julius, Scipio or whatever) to live on. Seems stupid to have a faction thats called The House of Julii with noone from that family actually in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lysarin
    I'm currently playing a julii campaign (v 1.2, hard, no mods - except for a little modding I've done myself) and there are a few things that I'm wondering about.

1) My family is having big trouble getting children (especially the Julius-family - which of course is the most important one). The few children they do get are mostly girls (bah!) and they get them in their late 40's. I had the same problem when I played with the scipii; the Scipio-family "died out" after a few generations. I even tried giving them fertility-traits but that only seemed to make things worse.
    Is is possible to change this in some way through modding txt-files? Making the fertile-trait work or changing so that they get their children when in their 20's or 30's?
    Are you building temples of Ceres and then having your family members stay in those cities? Work like a charm for me.

Yes. Most of my family members are fertile, but that doesn't seem to help at all.