Thread: I lost a general?

Hell, Indiana (Please pardon the redundancy)

Default I lost a general?

So, I was sieging Antioch. I had 3 generals, including Faction Leader, Faction Heir, and some oddball. (I know it can be risky to put all eggs in one basket).

Anyways, we achieved a Crushing Victory. Generals were down to maybe 19/41 or so on men.

At the faction report of next turn, I get the message: New Faction Heir.

So, I'm like WTF? I got no message that one of my gallant generals had fallen, nor that one of my family members had met a horrible death, at any recent point. Nevertheless, I was one general short.

Has anyone else seen this?

The Lord of Chaos Member ChaosLord's Avatar

Default Re: I lost a general?

When in battle they only report when the general leading that battle dies, not on any family members with you. So you can lose five family members fighting and not hear a word. This also seems to make it not display the "Family member fallen" message when you get back the campaign-map as well. I had this happen to a couple of my family members I was using as cavalry in one of my wars. One battle they're there fighting(too much fighting, I guess) the next I know they and their unit poofs.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Just to add to that, if you go to their portrait in the family tree it will say 'died peacefuly' if they weren't leading the army.

[Insertwittytitlehere] Member Copperhaired Berserker!'s Avatar

Never had that incident before

If I was smart, I would have a witty punchline in this sig that would make everyone ROTFL.

I'm not smart.

It is just as ChaosLord and Uriel state. It's an annoying bug as i like to keep tabs on how my family have done throughout my campaign, thus i very rarely enter battles with more than one General, or if i do i keep the spare generals out of harms way until the enemy routs.

'died peacefully' - on a battlefield with a sword cleaved through my skull - not my idea of peaceful, but i'm not a masochist

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

May i ask why you even need five generals in a stack? I only have one general to a stack, as it frees up the spare ones for governing, apart from the time when i had 11 extra generals, and the Seleucids had one town left that happened to be on my border...that was a fun battle that. I had an army made up of mercs and generals....but that story is for another time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Maybe he was moving them from town to town? I do that on occasion, take three or four generals from one town via ship to another area with some extra units, and have them meet up with separate armies I've been piecing together over there so I can have a few full-fledged armies. Of course, when I do that I usually do it in order to lay siege to several enemy towns at the same time, so that I can wipe them out completely in one turn.

Hell, Indiana (Please pardon the redundancy)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    May i ask why you even need five generals in a stack? I only have one general to a stack, as it frees up the spare ones for governing, apart from the time when i had 11 extra generals, and the Seleucids had one town left that happened to be on my border...that was a fun battle that. I had an army made up of mercs and generals....but that story is for another time
    Who had five generals in a stack?

Actually, beginning campaign games are quite profitable if you use your generals in groups of 4 or 5, just because their troops "regenerate."