Thread: Frightened ballistas

Question Frightened ballistas

So I'm sitting in Samarobriva, enjoying the local wines while I wait for the population to build back up to 6,000, when I'm suddenly surrounded by 850 blue-stained Britons with bad teeth and worse breath. Apparently they wanted the town back. I had about 500 troops in the city, with another 200 just outside, so I decided to make a fight of it. I sallied out everybody, including the town watch and the janitor, but my ballistas wouldn't leave the town. I'd select the unit, click outside, the little movement arrow would appear on the unit card but then it disappeared and the ballistas sat still. I could move them around inside the town, but since the Britons selfishly refused to come close enough to the walls for me to shoot at them from inside, that wasn't especially helpful. Is there some hidden rule which says that once siege equipment is inside a town it can never come out?

Thanks much.

Default Re: Frightened ballistas

Quote Originally Posted by kadingir
    Is there some hidden rule which says that once siege equipment is inside a town it can never come out?
    Yes there is. Incredible annoying.
    How on Earth did they get those machines in? Did they pick them apart piece for piece?
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

There is?! Wow iI never knew that. Then again I dont build seige equipment...... I use the stuff provided..........

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I know, this is incredibly retarded. Oh well. If Saramobriva is still set out as a Barbarian mound, then put the ballista on the second level of the mound, and put it on fire at will mode. Once the enemy get close, it will start turning those smurf britons into kebabs. To lure the enemy close enough for your ballista to shoot them, send out your cavalry very close to them, and once the Britons start moving, run back in the town. The britons should follow, which will give you about 30 seconds of kebab making time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Wow it really does suck then. And once again the C.A gain them selves another bug award!

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

I hate that bug. I don't mind so much about getting them out, because I usually set up a wall of soldiers down the main street with a bunch of repeating ballistas backed up by archers down the side, to nail anything that goes towards my soldiers, but it's really annoying that I can't bring them in to the town. I want to drag my ballistas in so I can put a bolt straight through whoever's waiting for me at the town square.

Thanks for all of the responses. Next time I'll leave the ballistas outside when I occupy a town.