Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Year Old Candian Shot and Killed

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default 2 Year Old Candian Shot and Killed

In a hostage standoff. Why? He was crying to much! How ruthless can you get! They must have cried to when they were children! Its crazy that they kill any one in the first place, but for CRYING? The kid was 2!

Link

Hostage-takers said they killed a two-year-old Canadian boy with a bullet to the head as punishment for crying too much during a tense standoff at a school in northern Cambodia.

There is conflicting information about the boy's identity. There are unconfirmed reports that the boy was born in Victoria, B.C.

The situation developed early Thursday, when four masked men armed with shotguns entered the Siem Reap International School and proceeded to hold a classroom of kindergarten students captive.

The gunmen demanded $30,000 US in cash, weapons and a van to drive across the border into Thailand. If their demands weren't met, they threatened to kill their 29 young hostages one by one.

At one point, gunfire was heard from inside the school.

Information Minister Khieu Kanharith said the cash and vehicle were given to the hostage-takers, but the demands for guns and grenades.

The attackers were lured to the vehicle, however, getting into the minivan with four children in tow. At that point, authorities stormed the school compound.

Despite an assault by some irate members of the assembled crowd of panic-stricken parents, the hostage takers were arrested.

Authorities managed to rescue all but one of the hostages.

A Canadian child was rushed from the school to a nearby clinic, where he was pronounced dead.

He had been shot in the head.

The gunmen reportedly killed the boy when authorities declined to meet all of their demands, Cambodian Information Minister Khieu Kanharith said, quoting the deputy national police chief, Neth Savoeun.

"Something went horribly wrong during the six-hour siege and suddenly there was a burst of gunfire," CTV's Steve Chao reported Thursday.

In Ottawa, Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew expressed his condolences.

"We are chagrined and hurt to have learned the terrible news this morning of the assassination of that child," Pettigrew told reporters.

According to Minister Pettigrew's parliamentary secretary, Liberal MP Dan McTeague, Canadian officials are now on the scene.

"They have been there for several hours, keeping us in constant contact," he said.

"Hopefully they will be able to make contact with the family."

Motive Unknown

The crisis unfolded at Cambodia's tourism hub of Siem Reap, near its famed 800-year-old Angkor Wat temples.

"The temples draw about a million tourists every year. In recent years, a lot of hotels have been built there and a lot of ex-pat families have come to run the tourist hotels," Chao said.

"And so in that school, there were several dozen children from different nationalities."

The children held hostage Thursday may represent as many as 15 different nationalities.

The attackers' motives were not immediately clear, though Kanharith speculated that the hostage takers were "rogue elements'' hired to hurt tourism in Siem Reap.

He also wondered if the men were part of the Cambodian Freedom Fighters, an anti-government group that launched a failed armed attack in Cambodia in November 2000.

"We don't know since they are covering their faces with masks,'' he said.

Deputy Military Police Commander Prak Chanthoeum said the men were villagers from the province of Kandal, who decided to prey on foreign children because they thought their parents were rich.

Adding to the confusion, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen said they appeared to be security guards at the school. Teachers, however, later said they did not recognize the men.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Default Re: 2 Year Old Candian Shot and Killed

That's fd up. That guy that did that should be put to in the worst jail in this coutnry for the rest of his life.

If they have the death penalty in Cambodia, this is a person that really deserves it.

Ignore the username Member zelda12's Avatar
    Term time: Warwick University Non-term: Somewhere in Sussex.

Thats really sad, I never advocate the death penalty but I am sorely tempted to in this case.

Same.

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

It just goes to show the depths the human race can reach. Sometimes I wonder if we aren't deserving of a great flood to purge the human race.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdKnight
    It just goes to show the depths the human race can reach. Sometimes I wonder if we aren't deserving of a great flood to purge the human race.
    Yes God should just come down and wipe us all out like he did in the Bible. I can really feel the love.
    I think we need to look at everything with an objective point of view.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Kill one therefore kill all is not a sensible solution.

Dealth penalty or at the minimum castration and isolation. No way should the person propagate or spread their ideas after murdering a 2 year old.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

It was more of another way of demonstrating to such lows people are capable of. Not to mean that I think god/supernatural force/dumb bad luck, which ever you prefer should come and smite us all into little bits.

Btw BP I thought you didn't believe in god. So could you ever really feel the love before?
    Last edited by IrishMike; 06-17-2005 at 03:22.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Very sad.

But I do admit to enjoying watching the bastards take a beating on their way to jail.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Quote Originally Posted by ColdKnight
    Btw BP I thought you didn't believe in god. So could you ever really feel the love before?
    I was being sarcastic, because God is suposed to be this all knowing being that loves everyone unconditionally and yet throughout the Bible he kills and punishes and tests people in brutal ways. The scene with Abraham and Isaac and the story of the Arc are monumental pieces of how loveless God apears.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Where's JAG?

Saw it on the telly last night ... apparentley it was a hostage/ransom scenario that went wrong. Kidnapping is big business over there, or so BBC news reported.

No excuse though. Personally I'd like the killer to be put to death very slowly, a pair of pliers/wire cutters and a soldering iron sound like good choices of execution equipment.

My prefered method of stopping a two year old baby from crying is to pick 'em up and give 'em a hug.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sad story...

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Where's JAG?
    I don't think evem JAG would defend these people, and I use the word people in its loosest term

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

He should be strangled with his own bowels.

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Very sad.

But I do admit to enjoying watching the bastards take a beating on their way to jail.
    Aye mate !

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

The disgusting thing about this is that is was over money. These killers weren't trying to right any perceived wrongs or injustices, or fight against an oppressive government. All they wanted was cash.

This one hit close to home for me, because early reports are saying the boy and his family are from Victoria. His dad worked at a popular resort here called The Aerie, and took a job in Cambodia to help with the opening of a new hotel.

Plus, I have a son who is just about the same age. He must have wondered why he was getting smothered with even more than his usual evening quota of hugs and kisses from mom and dad while the news was on last night...

Terrible story all around, with absolutely no silver lining. My heart goes out to the family.

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Punishment for these people should be something worse than death, such as being isolated from the rest of humanity for the rest of their miserable lives, in a dark room. The only good thing is that they didn't kill any other children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

It's very sad and all... I guess I'm the only person who can find some sort of humour in such a senseless killing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGod
    It's very sad and all... I guess I'm the only person who can find some sort of humour in such a senseless killing.
    And what humour might that be sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    And what humour might that be sir?
    Why, how silly it is to kill a child for crying when you have taken over the school in a hostile manner. The whole notion is absurd and it makes me laugh.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Why, how silly it is to kill a child for crying when you have taken over the school in a hostile manner. The whole notion is absurd and it makes me laugh.
    I guess you need a "special" kind of humour for that

Such an absolute disrespect of human life as shown in this case rather makes me want to cry...
    Last edited by Ser Clegane; 06-17-2005 at 20:46.

It is sad indeed, just wondering why nobody wants the murderer to get 5 years of rehabilitation to become a useful member of society again?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Ignore the username Member zelda12's Avatar
    Term time: Warwick University Non-term: Somewhere in Sussex.

He can find God in his time in prison. Thats about as much rehabilitation I want this guy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    It is sad indeed, just wondering why nobody wants the murderer to get 5 years of rehabilitation to become a useful member of society again?
    Because we're too sadistic. We want this guy to suffer. We want him to bleed. We want to him to get down on his knees and beg for mercy while we impale and punish him more. We are human beings, and we are made in God's image. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Clegane
    I guess you need a "special" kind of humour for that

Such an absolute disrespect of human life as shown in this case rather makes me want to cry...
    Take it easy, buddy. I didn't post my thoughts with the intention of making anyone upset.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Take it easy, buddy. I didn't post my thoughts with the intention of making anyone upset.
    Just for clarification - the second statement in my post was not aimed at you but at the original topic.
    Rest assured that I will not get all emotional about you

Just realized, I spelled "Canadian" wrong in the title.....

We don't mind.

We're silly that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast